WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

27 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Feel badly for Coach Williams and the WRs. Let's leave the drops out of it. Those are obvious. Just LOOK at basic things from yesterday alone. Not getting on the field. Not being lined up properly. False starts. YES. Two of them.  How many times has a WR screen been blown up? Have we seen any successful rub plays? Maybe to the trained eye these basic things have been a problem since the beginning. Certainly to those behind the scenes who have to answer publicly for an offense's failure (Harsin, Bobo). But no one can deny yesterday was really, really bad. Finley himself, a back up, thrust into the game with the clock winding down had the wherewithal, the leadership, and the moxie to wait and get everyone lined up. Thank goodness for TJ.

You kind of nailed it. For some reason the team just didn't appeared to be ready to play. That falls on coaches and players to different degrees. But we know where the buck stops.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Just for fun, how would you grade us at his point in every major area, i.e., O, D, OL,DL, LB, RB, etc.

That doesn’t sound like fun at all. 

• Haha 4

Just now, shabby said:

So who getting fired next?

I say secondary guy. A corner want be in and it will show how pathetic that is to happen and put some violin music on it and there you go

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

How would that work? Corn.....you are done with the WR room today....go get the water bottles and start filling.

Idk, maybe releived him of any duties. Could have been why we saw different WR groupings in the 2nd half...or could be be message board stuff 

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

How would that work? Corn.....you are done with the WR room today....go get the water bottles and start filling.

That's what I want to know. Does he pull Corn out of the locker room before half time meetings and tell him to not come back onto the field? Did they tell Kiesau to grab a head set. Would love to hear how that went down

2 hours ago, creed said:

When the qb, Finley in this case, knows there is a wr personnel issue before the wr coach, that speaks volumes. 

Right. I caught that. Finley wasn't merely waiting for the wr to run onto the field, he was aware of the problem and gesturing to the sideline about it. 

It speaks volumes for Finley also. To make that recognition in the crux of the game is a good tell on him

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Bobo was defiant and still called a fade on that last play

We also have to take into account that Coach Corn was not CBH's first or even second choice of hire when he was filling that spot.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk, maybe releived him of any duties. Could have been why we saw different WR groupings in the 2nd half...or could be be message board stuff 

I feel ya man. I was just kidding...kind of. It would make sense why all of a sudden Canion and Capers are out there to drive the field and win the game.

Poster on TOS is saying that word is Corn had too much loyalty to some of the guys in the room that maybe should not have been playing over others and he wasn't holding them accountable as well as letting the best players play.

• Like 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I read on another board that Mason was brought out of the booth at halftime and spent the 2d half coaching from the sidelines. CBH is clearly going to hold people accountable immediately. 

I saw someone say that, but it didn't happen.  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I saw someone say that, but it didn't happen.  

Thanks for the clarification. 

Well at this point I have to give CBH his props for not only holding the players but coaches as well accountable. I don't like the look it has to fire a coach 4 games into the season but hey after I think about it....that's exactly what I would expect for a multi million dollar head coach to do. It's his job to make those exact kind of tough, gut wrenching decisions and that's what AU has been missing. A HC who has the balls to pull a 3 year starter when he is hurting the team regardless of what game it maybe or what quarter of the game....do your job and expexct to be held accountable. The previous coaching staff is gone and the changes made on the field and off the field reaps evidence of that....I like it!!! 

I wish we could get Matt Luke to replace Bobo. I thought he was their OC but since he's "just" their OL coach...

Edited by AUwent
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

I read on another board that Mason was brought out of the booth at halftime and spent the 2d half coaching from the sidelines. CBH is clearly going to hold people accountable immediately. 

Man i hope this is true! And i'd love it b/c CBH isn't playing favorites.

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I feel ya man. I was just kidding...kind of. It would make sense why all of a sudden Canion and Capers are out there to drive the field and win the game.

Poster on TOS is saying that word is Corn had too much loyalty to some of the guys in the room that maybe should not have been playing over others and he wasn't holding them accountable as well as letting the best players play.

It's all making sense right now. As crazy as the half time demotion was, it would make sense. The rotation was much different, and imo better in the second half

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Man i hope this is true! And i'd love it b/c CBH isn't playing favorites.

It was just verified to not be true. Sorry to get hopes up. 😀But I do believe CBH is strong on accountability. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Let's also not forget both cabion and capers were out there from the get go because they were both missed in the redzone

• Like 2