WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

1 minute ago, au302 said:

It's all making sense right now. As crazy as the half time demotion was, it would make sense. The rotation was much different, and imo better in the second half

Yep. Same here. Light bulb starting to glow. Thanks for the assist @W.E.D

• Like 1

Pretty gut wrenching weekend for some folks. The poor Nix's having to sit in the stands as the student section boos their son off the field during homecomin in disgrace and watching TJ lead the team back. And Corn possibly being demoted at half time and being relegated to stand by the coolers in the second half, with his players full well knowing he's been stripped of authority. Pretty crazy stuff

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks for the clarification. 

But, Mason did something at halftime.  Because we held them to 85 yds and 0 points in the 2nd half after giving up 299 yds and 24 points in the first.

From what Colby Wooden said, Mason told him that he didn't change any of the defensive calls in the 2nd half.  They just executed better.

Of course, getting Zakoby back probably helped with that too - not just his play but him getting people aligned right and communicating better.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I feel ya man. I was just kidding...kind of. It would make sense why all of a sudden Canion and Capers are out there to drive the field and win the game.

Poster on TOS is saying that word is Corn had too much loyalty to some of the guys in the room that maybe should not have been playing over others and he wasn't holding them accountable as well as letting the best players play.

The QB change is directly correlated to the WR grouping change. They came at almost the exact same time. 

• Haha 1

Sooo what are expecting on Saturday? Hopefully wrs in the right alignments and I don’t think we magically see more separation. Dawson was talked about as a deep threat and made quite a few plays in camp and he’s not played at all. Also neither QB is THAT guy so..let's just pray.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yep. Same here. Light bulb starting to glow. Thanks for the assist @W.E.D

Know you don't like me but that doesn't add up

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Know you don't like me but that doesn't add up

What are you talking about I don't like you? I haven't put enough thought into you to come to that conclusion yet. 

edit- What are you saying doesn't add up?

Isn't that what message boards are for? Concocting wild theories and hypothesizing based off all the tea leaves and tiny bits of rumor and information that we have so we can all come here and act like we are important?

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Pretty gut wrenching weekend for some folks. The poor Nix's having to sit in the stands as the student section boos their son off the field during homecomin in disgrace and watching TJ lead the team back. And Corn possibly being demoted at half time and being relegated to stand by the coolers in the second half, with his players full well knowing he's been stripped of authority. Pretty crazy stuff

I’m not totally on board with boo-ing student athletes but man it’s his third year against this dreadful CFB program that started football a little over a decade ago. 

It’s wild but CBH knows what it’s going to take to win. Georgia comes to town in two weeks. Our approach has to come with a serious edge. 

• Like 2

Just now, woodford said:

I’m not totally on board with boo-ing student athletes but man it’s his third year against this dreadful CFB program that started football a little over a decade ago. 

It’s wild but CBH knows what it’s going to take to win. Georgia comes to town in two weeks. Our approach has to come with a serious edge. 

Student athletes my ass! They’re getting paid now. Fair game in my opinion, just like the guys on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What are you talking about I don't like you? I haven't put enough thought into you to come to that conclusion yet. 

I could show you but if you saying it's not true ok. But the rotation didn't change just one guy decided to get the ball to them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Strength & Conditioning  - Pitman, Pringle & Lazard

S&C guys can't be blamed for a couple of years.  Takes time to develop players.  I hope they are capable and get the job done.  WDE

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I could show you but if you saying it's not true ok. But the rotation didn't change just one guy decided to get the ball to them

So, I haven't re-watched a single play of that game, but it sure as heck seemed like a different rotation later in the game than what we have been having. If I am wrong on that then that's cool. Not the first time. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

So, I haven't re-watched a single play of that game, but it sure as heck seemed like a different rotation later in the game than what we have been having. If I am wrong on that then that's cool. Not the first time. 

I don't think anybody knows an actual rotation but the first drive I know they were both targeted but neither pass was completed. I also think at least one received more time because the transfer guy wasn't playing

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't think anybody knows an actual rotation but the first drive I know they were both targeted but neither pass was completed. I also think at least one received more time because the transfer guy wasn't playing

I plan on rewatching the game sometime this week when my nerves are up to it. I will be looking at the group specifically to get an idea if there was a big difference in rotation or if what changes did appear were more likely due to absence of DRob.

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I think it helps to understand how you could bring someone in and get rid of them so quickly.  He was just maybe not the right fit at this time with this staff and they knew it wasn't gonna workout long term so they moved on.  Recruits will now understand the situation and not feel like they were blindsided if they fired him after the early signing period.

If the players have a positive opinion of the change, it will help.  If the WRs improve performance, it will help a great deal.  Stay positive.  Beat LSU!

5 hours ago, autiger88 said:

How? Genuine question not trying to argue, I think it makes Harsin look like he ain't playing around. I don't think this is the last coach that gets fired. 

lol....it's not like he was the wide recievers coach because Harsin lost a bet going into the season.  The head coach puts together the staff he wants going into the season at his discretion, So yeah the HC firing a new guy on his staff 4 games into a new regime is a bad look.  

5 hours ago, autiger88 said:

I see it differently then that, I don't see it as weak but hey we shall come to find out. I do agree he shouldn't be the only one fired there are some more that I wish would but we shall see about that. 

At the minimum it shows, at least in this one case, a disastrous initial judgment/hire by Harsin.  Again this is the guy *he picked* before the season

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lmao he isn’t my type anyhow 

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If people can't get back to discussing the firing and not taking personal shots at other members, I'm about to start handing out some days off coupons.

I see my post replying to DAG and tagging@cole256 was deleted. It wasn't intended as a personal shot and I'm not sure if you responded, Cole. It was just a joke since those are the ones you usually stir up and argue with here. No shot or personal attack...just a joke.

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Calling it now, Eric Keisau is our next OC. 

Does Bosie have a good OL coach we can steal too??

This is Harsin’s shot across the bow. Telling all the coaches as well as players “ do your job or I’ll find someone that will”. Something our last few coaches have had a problem with. These guys work for the HC, 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

they aren’t his buddies. They make a nice hunk of money and they should expect to deliver results. This is big boy football, not some pick up team with friends. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1