WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

This is ironic because some are saying be patient and stop overreacting . This move is the exact opposite. If he is fired . U can make a case for others as well. Guess we have to wait for the details.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I hate to say it but I believe this isn't the only news that's coming. There are some rumblings coming and it ain't pretty. 

More coaches or players leaving?

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I hate to say it but I believe this isn't the only news that's coming. There are some rumblings coming and it ain't pretty. 

Coaching changes rumblings? Or like scandals? 😬

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Doesn't have to be. Harsin hinted last week about needing to look at the WR depth. This may have been brewing just based on coaching performance. CBH not playin' it appears.

Yep, that’s definitely a possibility also, but juicy is better message board fodder

• Haha 1

Finley had to jump up and down to get our 11th man, a WR, onto the field during the game winning drive. WR drops have plagued us all season too. Our WRs also get more penalties than they should. Timing is shocking, especially for Auburn. That it is happening because that unit isn't improving as the season goes along is less surprising. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

That would be crazy if Harsin wouldn't play the guys he wanted because of the WR coach. But the fact that Capers and Canion weren't starting when the entire spring and summer we thought they would play major roles is interesting.

Harsin has hands on this entire team. I do not think he would allow any coach to play lesser talented players if he knew others were better. Just my opinion. I feel it’s something else going on besides performance

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Harsin has hands on this entire team. I do not think he would allow any coach to play lesser talented players if he knew others were better. Just my opinion. I feel it’s something else going on besides performance

That's how I feel as well. I also wonder if this is a way for Harsin to continue to start Bo. Now he can say that the problem was the WR coach and the WRs and now that the coach is fired, lets give Bo another chance.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 6
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

More coaches or players leaving?

I honestly don't know a 100% yet just repeating what I've been told. I just know as I'm sure everybody already knows Harsin isnt happy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Eric Kiesau to take over the open spot.  

Figured that was coming. Good move. He is a former OC and will probably help clean up some things

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

Yep, that’s definitely a possibility also, but juicy is better message board fodder

I just think the comments he's been making about WRs were probably directed more at the coach than anyone realized. We def have been playing the wrong guys, and having the wrong guy almost always running the deep route.

• Like 2

I would be so mad if that was me bro. Like get me a freaking QB that can hitmy guys in stride as opposed every freaking catch has to be something acrobatic and I have to say should've caught it anyway

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

I honestly don't know a 100% yet just repeating what I've been told. I just know as I'm sure everybody already knows Harsin isnt happy. 

As long as it isn't some major scandal, I won't stress. There is usually stuff like this in transitions. It sucks and is a bad look, but part of the game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Don’t you out that scandal voodoo on us

Def not wishing that on us! 

The PR person in me is super curious about this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait so we are thinking the wrong guys are playing and it wasn't Harsin's decision? 

Come on Guys

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

I just think the comments he's been making about WRs were probably directed more at the coach than anyone realized. We def have been playing the wrong guys, and having the wrong guy almost always running the deep route.

It seems we’ve been playing the wrong guys in a few spots on offense 😂 

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

JBoy, you mad bro? "You better win games buddy"  jeez, what a terrible take

Why is it a terrible take? The WRs weren't playing great so you fired the coach. Good. Now fire all of the other coaches that sucked as well. This is just a very odd thing to do 4 games into the season with a position group you knew were less experienced. The DBs have sucked all year and that was supposed to be one of the best groups we had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, cole256 said:

Wait so we are thinking the wrong guys are playing and it wasn't Harsin's decision? 

Come on Gus r

That is 100% not the case, Harsin had every say in who played and who didn't.