WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

2 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

At the minimum it shows, at least in this one case, a disastrous initial judgment/hire by Harsin.  Again this is the guy *he picked* before the season

Also shows he is willing to own up to his mistake and do something about it before it causes any more issues.  
 glass half full…

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Sooo what are expecting on Saturday? Hopefully wrs in the right alignments and I don’t think we magically see more separation. Dawson was talked about as a deep threat and made quite a few plays in camp and he’s not played at all. Also neither QB is THAT guy so..let's just pray.

Lots of beer. No, wait….

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This is Harsin’s shot across the bow. Telling all the coaches as well as players “ do your job or I’ll find someone that will”. Something our last few coaches have had a problem with. These guys work for the HC, 

Not sure what happened with this post lol. 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I see my post replying to DAG and tagging@cole256 was deleted. It wasn't intended as a personal shot and I'm not sure if you responded, Cole. It was just a joke since those are the ones you usually stir up and argue with here. No shot or personal attack...just a joke.

Oh I know. And I don't shy from it. I show friends and laugh at their "disses" and have had some good discussions with friends showing some stuff and sparking social conversations about the climate these days

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I see my post replying to DAG and tagging@cole256 was deleted. It wasn't intended as a personal shot and I'm not sure if you responded, Cole. It was just a joke since those are the ones you usually stir up and argue with here. No shot or personal attack...just a joke.

I don’t even know what happened 

Unless you were in the room, nobody really knows why the coach was let go. It is Harsin’s program. He has full autonomy. He can either lead us to higher waters or go down with the ship. 
will be fun to watch…

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Isn’t he already here? Brad Bedell

Well. Maybe another one 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Some posts that got deleted were quoting posts that had already been deleted earlier.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

At the minimum it shows, at least in this one case, a disastrous initial judgment/hire by Harsin.  Again this is the guy *he picked* before the season

never hired or fired anyone, huh?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Well I’ll say this at least Harsin ain’t going to be like Gus and say “ it is what it is, but we had a good week of practice”. He understands he gets paid to win games especially against a team that had already been beat 2 times by worse opponents than AU. Just imagine if AU would have list that game . Harsin would have been the laughing stock of college football. I can’t blame him If he fired Half the staff. You just don’t let things like that happen. Heck our third string should have been able to beat GS. And is our defense all about McClain? If he is out we can’t do crap. Where the heck was Pappoe? Where the heck was McCreary the first half? There were a lot of problems in that first half of football. 

• Love 1

Where the heck was Pappoe? Where the heck was McCreary the first half? 

Not sure if serious.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Know you don't like me but that doesn't add up

If Corn made the call (he didn't) that won the game, he wouldn't have been fired. Some are syainf its because how he can't tell players the truth (not telling them they did wrong when they did). No clue why you want to blame everyone and their mother besides the guy who got fired right before a massive personnel change was made kid game that led to Auburn winning. It's an odd, strange angle to be arguing quite honestly cuz. 

We always complained about Gus's lack of half time adjustments. So far I have read in here that Corn was possibly demoted during half, Mason pulled from the box during half, and some personnel changes in the second half. Guess Harsin really is opposite of Gus lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Who's the potato gang? And why the **** would Bobo feel like he's good and making decisions to fire someone as bad as his play calling has been?

You guys better quit talking about this “potato gang”. Wouldn’t want someone to get mixed up in fairy tales that I can neither confirm nor deny. That goes for all of you. 

*stares*

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Not sure if serious.

I am serious. Mac set out the first half and the defense gave up 300 yards. He comes back the second half and they shut them down. If one guy makes that much difference, I want to know what the heck the rest are doing . 

My real guess is Corn made the mistake to try and argue against the HC’s criticism. Never a good response . 

maybe, maybe not, but these takes that harsin has terrible judgement because he hired this guy in the first place are just bad. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Some posts that got deleted were quoting posts that had already been deleted earlier.

How can I edit posts? I've spent half an hour trying to figure out how but can't (and I'm not a boomer and pretty tech literate). 

TIA 

3 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

If Corn made the call (he didn't) that won the game, he wouldn't have been fired. Some are syainf its because how he can't tell players the truth (not telling them they did wrong when they did). No clue why you want to blame everyone and their mother besides the guy who got fired right before a massive personnel change was made kid game that led to Auburn winning. It's an odd, strange angle to be arguing quite honestly cuz. 

Does anybody know what this guy is talking about and why he has all this hostility towards me. I literally do not know this guy. No interactions

1 minute ago, God Cam It said:

How can I edit posts? I've spent half an hour trying to figure out how but can't (and I'm not a boomer and pretty tech literate). 

TIA 

Click the 3 dots top right of you message and then click edit and you can change what you like. 

I am serious. Mac set out the first half and the defense gave up 300 yards. He comes back the second half and they shut them down. If one guy makes that much difference, I want to know what the heck the rest are doing . 

There were a few tackles that I saw in the second half made by him Where if he did not make the play, that running back would be gone. Those same plays in the first half were touchdowns. He was playing assignment football and made the tackle. If you are the guy assigned to fill the hole and make the tackle, you have to make the play. He is very good at football and was missed drastically. The young guys just need to learn and grow.

• Like 5