WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

I just don't see how the conclusion can be made that now he's showing who's boss when literally everybody else on staff hasn't been good and nothing happened to them

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

maybe, maybe not, but these takes that harsin has terrible judgement because he hired this guy in the first place are just bad. 

What I’m saying is I’m sure the coach wasn’t happy last night at halftime nor after the game. The best thing to do during times like that is just to keep your mouth shut and take the ass chewing. But some people don’t like criticism and want to argue it. Not good. 🤔

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just don't see how the conclusion can be made that now he's showing who's boss when literally everybody else on staff hasn't been good and nothing happened to them

Well since nobody really knows, we can all pull out the jump to conclusions matt. 

I guess I just don’t see why people are making a big deal out of it. It is his program. We can decide to be pissed off about it, or we can decide that it’s not a big deal, or we can decide it’s a major issue with the coach, or we can decide that it’s not. Or we can let the man do his job and he can either succeed or fall flat on his face.

In the end who cares as long as we win 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

How can I edit posts? I've spent half an hour trying to figure out how but can't (and I'm not a boomer and pretty tech literate). 

TIA 

The three dots at the top right of your post reveals a menu with options like that.

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There were a few tackles that I saw in the second half made by him Where if he did not make the play, that running back would be gone. Those same plays in the first half were touchdowns. He was playing assignment football and made the tackle. If you are the guy assigned to fill the hole and make the tackle, you have to make the play. He is very good at football and was missed drastically. The young guys just need to learn and grow.

I agree but one guy can’t be the difference in the team. Something isn’t right if that’s the case. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

But, Mason did something at halftime.  Because we held them to 85 yds and 0 points in the 2nd half after giving up 299 yds and 24 points in the first.

From what Colby Wooden said, Mason told him that he didn't change any of the defensive calls in the 2nd half.  They just executed better.

Of course, getting Zakoby back probably helped with that too - not just his play but him getting people aligned right and communicating better.

The defense (at least the dbs) started playing betterr when they went to man coverage instead of zone. 

Edited by creed

Did Bobo act like an insubordinate know it all after Harsin pulled Bo? Did Caddy act like an insubordinate know it all after Harsin pulled Tank after his fumble (and yes I know Tank wasn't 100% but the game was in the line and I assure you Harsin didn't want to lose it despite it being just Georgia State)? The answer to those is no. Now Harsin also took over the WR rotation from Corn and something happened to where Harsin fired him shortly after depite knowing it would look bad. 1 + 1 = _____. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Well since nobody really knows, we can all pull out the jump to conclusions matt. 

I guess I just don’t see why people are making a big deal out of it. It is his program. We can decide to be pissed off about it, or we can decide that it’s not a big deal, or we can decide it’s a major issue with the coach, or we can decide that it’s not. Or we can let the man do his job and he can either succeed or fall flat on his face.

In the end who cares as long as we win 

I don't see why people have such a problem being asked to explain the logic of it. And they are so offended to question it as if it's their word. Me personally after watching people do that with Gus, it amazes me how quick some will do it again

1 minute ago, God Cam It said:

Did Bobo act like an insubordinate know it all after Harsin pulled Bo? Did Caddy act like an insubordinate know it all after Harsin pulled Tank after his fumble (and yes I know Tank wasn't 100% but the game was in the line and I assure you Harsin didn't want to lose it despite it being just Georgia State)? The answer to those is no. Now Harsin also took over the WR rotation from Corn and something happened to where Harsin fired him shortly after depite knowing it would look bad. 1 + 1 = _____. 

This. 

11 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I am serious. Mac set out the first half and the defense gave up 300 yards. He comes back the second half and they shut them down. If one guy makes that much difference, I want to know what the heck the rest are doing . 

Pappoe was hurt last week and didnt dress out.

35 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

lol....it's not like he was the wide recievers coach because Harsin lost a bet going into the season.  The head coach puts together the staff he wants going into the season at his discretion, So yeah the HC firing a new guy on his staff 4 games into a new regime is a bad look.  

I think it depends on two things... 1) how the WRs react (if in general they support the change) and 2) if the WR play improves. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This. 

Ok so after all the we don't know now you do know?

Edited by cole256

10 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

When I do that, my 3 dots turn in the "share" with no other options. Samsung Galaxy Note Uitra is device. 

https://imgur.com/a/4oiT987

If you select someone else’s comment , share is all it will give you. You have to select on your comment not your comment where someone quoted you.

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Honestly I don’t care who they fire or hire as long as we win and we can recruit offensive linemen hahaha 

Can't believe I got downvoted for wishing we could pull Luke to be our OC, it'd be a promotion for him after all.

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Again, let's stop rumors that paint the staff in a way that it's not. Haven't heard this from any credible source. 

What have you heard then. Help us with some positive “true “ information please.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Can't believe I got downvoted for wishing we could pull Luke to be our OC, it'd be a promotion for him after all.

You got downvoted because it is random AF and riddled with pixie dust. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There were a few tackles that I saw in the second half made by him Where if he did not make the play, that running back would be gone. Those same plays in the first half were touchdowns. He was playing assignment football and made the tackle. If you are the guy assigned to fill the hole and make the tackle, you have to make the play. He is very good at football and was missed drastically. The young guys just need to learn and grow.

Same thing against PSU, he gets ejected…PSU RB scores and his replacement Steiner made a bad read. Guy runs right by him. Zacoby has seen a lot of football..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment…others behind just gotta keep getting better.

• Like 2

Ok so after all the we don't know how you do know?

I don’t . It just makes more sense from what I do know. I don’t think Harsin was wanting to fire anyone this early so I’m betting that someone said so my etching they shouldn’t have. It might well have been in the Locker room at halftime. CBH just doesn’t stoke me as a person that wants someone to disagree with his order. And I’m okay with that. When your the new boss you don’t want someone challenge you early on. 

• Like 1

Y’all saying this dude was insubordinate like y’all were right there. Stop being messy. This dude doesn’t even seem like he carries himself that way and was well respected at Troy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Same thing against PSU, he gets ejected…PSU RB scores and his replacement Steiner made a bad read. Guy runs right by him. Zacoby has seen a lot of football..good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment…others behind just gotta keep getting better.

The call at PSU against Mac was pure BS . And it wasn’t even close. 

• Like 2