WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Y’all saying this dude was insubordinate like y’all were right there. Stop being messy. This dude doesn’t even seem like he carries himself that way and was well respected at Troy. 

I’m not saying he was bad, just saying when you got a boss caught in a bad situation like Harsin was, your answer is always “ I’ll jump right on it boss”. 😊

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Y’all saying this dude was insubordinate like y’all were right there. Stop being messy. This dude doesn’t even seem like he carries himself that way and was well respected at Troy. 

what is your take?

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m not saying he was bad, just saying when you got a boss caught in a bad situation like Harsin was, your answer is always “ I’ll jump right on it boss”. 😊

So, I am confused.  Are you just speculating this may be the case or have you actually heard that it may have been?

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t . It just makes more sense from what I do know. I don’t think Harsin was wanting to fire anyone this early so I’m betting that someone said so my etching they shouldn’t have. It might well have been in the Locker room at halftime. CBH just doesn’t stoke me as a person that wants someone to disagree with his order. And I’m okay with that. When your the new boss you don’t want someone challenge you early on. 

Ok but don't say "This" co signing it as if it was true. Say this is what you believe

Edited by cole256

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

You'd think you wouldn't have to say that

22 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Well I’ll say this at least Harsin ain’t going to be like Gus and say “ it is what it is, but we had a good week of practice”. He understands he gets paid to win games especially against a team that had already been beat 2 times by worse opponents than AU. Just imagine if AU would have list that game . Harsin would have been the laughing stock of college football. I can’t blame him If he fired Half the staff. You just don’t let things like that happen. Heck our third string should have been able to beat GS. And is our defense all about McClain? If he is out we can’t do crap. Where the heck was Pappoe? Where the heck was McCreary the first half? There were a lot of problems in that first half of football. 

Right on. :thumbsup:

In another thread I described the Penn State game as a lost opportunity for boosting our national perception - a key for good recruiting, team self-confidence, and good PR.

A loss to GSU would have been a ******* disaster for all the same things in reverse.

The first might have speeded Harsin's "process", the latter would just make it harder. 

16 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

what is your take?

My take is iono, but CBH said it was for football reasons. THE END. This is the same rumor crap with Gus and the Defensive staff rebelling, only to see Gus hire T-Will. 

• Like 2

I read a comment on an article that was linked on my fb page.  In the comment a lady said that Harsin was seen trying to talk to CCW and CCW turned his back on the head coach and walked away.  I have NO idea if this is true or not.  Just throwing it out there. I am not suggesting that CCW did something wrong or has bad character, it could have been a totally misinterpreted interaction.  I’m just saying that this opinion is out there. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I read a comment on an article that was linked on my fb page.  In the comment a lady said that Harsin was seen trying to talk to CCW and CCW turned his back on the head coach and walked away.  I have NO idea if this is true or not.  Just throwing it out there. I am not suggesting that CCW did something wrong or has bad character, it could have been a totally misinterpreted interaction.  I’m just saying that this opinion is out there. 🤷‍♀️

Well you got to be careful with those Facebook articles. I don't think those are very much peer reviewed unless peer reviewed means my Family circle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

How can I edit posts? I've spent half an hour trying to figure out how but can't (and I'm not a boomer and pretty tech literate). 

TIA 

You sure sound like a boomer. :laugh:   

It took me - most definitely a boomer - a while to find it. 

(And I still sometimes hit the "quote" button - where the "edit" command used to exist - in the "heat of battle", thus creating another copy.....)

Just now, homersapien said:

You sure sound like a boomer. :laugh:   

It took me - most definitely a boomer - a while to find it. 

(And I still sometimes hit the "quote" button - where the "edit" command used to exist - in the "heat of battle", thus creating another copy.....)

Can you look at this pic and tell me if it's the wrong 3 dots? 

https://imgur.com/a/OTWa6aK

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Does anybody know what this guy is talking about and why he has all this hostility towards me. I literally do not know this guy. No interactions

(Cross the street.)  ;);D

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well you got to be careful with those Facebook articles. I don't think those are very much peer reviewed unless peer reviewed means my Family circle.

I took it with a grain of salt.  I take most the stuff I read about other people that way, unless I have first hand knowledge.  I am the wife of a former local politician, so I know how people talk crap about you when they have no real knowledge. 😉 Like I said, I am not trying to ruin CCW character, just point out that it’s possible they may not have been getting along.  

If it were based on the performance yesterday the entire staff save Bert Watts would have been fired.  However we did miss a FG.   

My opinion is it has to be more along the lines of allowing something or actively doing something that negatively effects the team.  Harsin from what I have seen doesn't get too high or too low. It would be very out of character to fire Coach Williams on a whim. 

I appreciate Shedrick Jackson for staying with Auburn. Based on wide receiver talent at Auburn how did he become the first option at the wide receiver position? It simply doesn't make sense. 

Harsin is aware of the optics and fired him anyway.  I really don't think that Harsin was mad about the game yesterday and threw Coach Williams under the bus. I'm afraid that it's much worse than that. 

I am not an insider. This is purely my thoughts from what I have observed. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

I just went back and read some more posts....

Hold on- for the Gus apologists:  get real, Gus would not have changed QBs  in the first place and we would have lost yesterday.  Can you imagine the negative recruiting if that had happened?   Auburn would be Michigan 2.0    Do not argue with that or lightning may strike you down.    And do you think Gus would shake up his staff during the season?  Gus wouldn't answer a hard question; you think he would make a hard decision if his life depended on it?    Silliness.  

Harsin just showed he is a risk taker and will hold people accountable.   You think he doesn't know this can cause a lot of people to question his decision?   Of course he does.   He knows some players will question his decision also.  He is the head coach and will take the heat.   He did what he thinks is right and is building a program based on discipline and work ethic.   We want a coach willing to hold people accountable and to take the heat.  Saban does it all the time and seems to be successful by many measureables.  Give the coach a little breathing room and a couple of weeks to clean this up.   

We all want a coach who has a sack, now we have one and half the people say he is finding scapegoats.  

Baffling.   

I wasn’t in favor of the hire, and I thought our first four weeks of football were atrocious at times from a coaching standpoint. But I must say, when he yanked our defensive coordinator out of the booth and put his A$$ on the sidelines, there was a drastic improvement with our linebackers being in the correct gaps etc… and that was impressive.      

When he yanked Bo in favor of the second stringer, who after a slow start (miss field goal and fumble certainly not his fault) wound up up winning us the game, that was impressive. When he demoted our wide receivers coach at halftime and then fired him after the game, that was also impressive! I didn’t think Harsin was ready for the job, but it looks like he is learning quickly!

Possibly, “really grew up” so to speak, as more of a big-time head coach yesterday! I sure hope so!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

But I must say, when he yanked our defensive coordinator out of the booth and put his A$$ on the sidelines, there was a drastic improvement with our linebackers being in the correct gaps etc…

I did not know that. Mason was on the sideline? 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I did not know that. Mason was on the sideline? 

There has been no verification that Mason was on the sideline. Don’t you think they would have mentioned it during the broadcast? Especially with how well the defense played in the 2nd half?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

ummm....you guys do realize that a coach and *his* staff are supposed to be on the same

team, he picks them, and suppose to work together right?  If the assistants aren't gelling with the rest of the staff, the HC, and the team in general that ultimately goes to the coach in putting together the staff.  And yes mistakes are sometimes made and fits are bad, but usually not 4 games in.....

But just seeing you guys say things like "bobo and mason are on notice" is silly.  You guys are talking like these are longstanding DMV employees and a new boss has come in to hold them accountable lol....these are 'his' guys and everyone has an interest for things to work smoothly.  When it doesn't, it doesn't reflect well on anyone.  

Now maybe this had to be done.....if so, let's just hope it turns out to be an rare mistake/misjudgement from Harsin.  

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@homersapien what are you face palming about? Geez I get enough from them and you too?

I am not going to look it up, I think it was something like, why not fire the rest of the staff.........?

I like you cole, but I call em like I see em.

• Like 1