WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

On special teams. Boy you have really introduced yourself well

I was listened to the entire presser. He did kind of a run on sentence- he was not referring to just special teams.

Obviously we all saw one play when it was on offense.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Love it. 

If only they could replace Aikman and Buck. Puke.

Peyton actually went after Joe buck. He must not like him. You can probably find a quick YouTube of him talking about how buck offers absolutely nothing to the game lol

• Love 1

1 minute ago, TJRanger175 said:

I was listened to the entire presser. He did kind of a run on sentence- he was not referring to just special teams.

Obviously we all saw one play when it was on offense.

He literally was talking just special teams. He said special teams

Edited by cole256

42 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The notion that a CEO needs to be some alpha jackass tough guy needs to really to be left in the 50s.  Is an outdated viewpoint.  Look at the leaders and thinkers of some of the biggest companies in the US, they aren't blowhard tough guys.  Cook, Musk, Zuck, Bezos, etc

I agree with your entire post, just curious about this part? Why does CBH firing him have to mean he is some Alpha JAckass tough guy? I don't get this.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol idk wed maybe the post above? 😂

Do have someone on ignore b/c I'm not seeing it.  I don't think I ignored anyone...I'm super confused here b/c I see no one talking about Georgia.  

I've yet to drink or smoke today & had plenty of coffee. 

• Haha 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Do have someone on ignore b/c I'm not seeing it.  I don't think I ignored anyone...I'm super confused here b/c I see no one talking about Georgia.  

I've yet to drink or smoke today & had plenty of coffee. 

The guys handle is something like I'm an ol Georgia Tiger. He randomly starts screaming victim....(which opened my eyes to what's the problem is and I feel stupid that I didn't see it earlier)

I'm laughing at the irony of that

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree with your entire post, just curious about this part? Why does CBH firing him have to mean he is some Alpha JAckass tough guy? I don't get this.

That's been some angle from a lot of the board.  I just don't agree with it.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

That's been some angle from a lot of the board.  I just don't agree with it.

I mean, I believe CBH is an alpha type of coach...I just dont think this move is what determines that.

Just now, cole256 said:

The guys handle is something like I'm an ol Georgia Tiger. He randomly starts screaming victim....(which opened my eyes to what's the problem is and I feel stupid that I didn't see it earlier)

I'm laughing at the irony of that

lmao lol OK, that guy.  Yeah, I just scrolled past his dumbass post and didn't read his username.  I kept looking for posts.  Maybe I need more coffee...

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I mean, I believe CBH is an alpha type of coach...I just dont think this move is what determines that.

I agree with the end of your post.  I don't think/hope he fired someone to make a statement or a point.  that would be horrendous leadership.  But that has been what a lot of people have been chirping about.  This will put other coaches on notice, he's a true alpha, etc.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Come on man there have been a bunch of people that are like, get them in line, show them where you stand, draw a line, bad play won't be tolerated. You haven't seen those type of posts?

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Come on man there have been a bunch of people that are like, get them in line, show them where you stand, draw a line, bad play won't be tolerated. You haven't seen those type of posts?

I have.  I took WEDs post to imply that since Harsin fired Williams that made him some "Alpha jackass tough guy". I disagreed with that premise. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I have.  I took WEDs post to imply that since Harsin fired Williams that made him some "Alpha jackass tough guy". I disagreed with that premise. 

Yeah, I was just saying the people running with that angle are wrong.

• Like 2

I don't think Harsin fired a guy midseason to swing his big balls around and show everyone he's a tough guy.  I think he genuinely believed that even taking into account the youth in the WR corps, they weren't being coached well.  He expected more than what we're seeing on the field.  So he acted.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think Harsin fired a guy midseason to swing his big balls around and show everyone he's a tough guy.  I think he genuinely believed that even taking into account the youth in the WR corps, they weren't being coached well.  He expected more than what we're seeing on the field.  So he acted.

I have two likely scenarios in my head and that is one of them. 

Just now, cole256 said:

LMAO. Funny when he was the only one fired. Hilarious

Well, the point is, while there may be problems in a lot of areas, it's not unreasonable to think that the head coach who is privy to far more information and observation on how guys are being coached and what the specific issues and fixes are in each area than all of us combined has good reason to fire one coach right now and not the others.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Nope. Just picking on Corn.

Come on, now. I agree with you that this wasn't some show of bravado but if there's a clear reason that Williams was singled out when so many other units have performed so poorly, I don't think it's been made available to most of us. It's fair to wonder. 

• Like 1

Oh, and this assumption that highly paid coaches make their decisions based on better information than what we are privy to flew way the hell out of the window several years ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Oh, and this assumption that highly paid coaches make their decisions based on better information than what we are privy to flew way the hell out of the window several years ago. 

Man.