WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

I’m sorry, post of the day. I spit tea out my nose

I thought this was a Big Bird joke thread and then I saw this and I was oh hell naw. They done got rid of my crush. 

• Thanks 1

Well, I agree some heads needed to roll after that performance yesterday.  I don’t know if he was the right one to go or not but I guess we have to trust the HC it’s his team and he ultimately to one who is accountable.  

35 minutes ago, au302 said:

Read a comment on another board that made sense. The rotation seemed to change drastically as the game went on. How much would influence does a receivers coach have on who starts? Was Corn the one saying to play Shed and D-Rob when Canion, Capers, and Hudson are way better?

Didn't Shed catch the go ahead TD?

Even if it is performance related this doesn’t make sense.  Someone mentioned recruiting and I thought WR recruiting was going ok?  Something smells real bad about this.  I’m worried this guy has done something that is going to hurt the rest of the team and we just don’t know it yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I thought this was a Big Bird joke thread and then I saw this and I was oh hell naw. They done got rid of my crush. 

I’m sorry but your post hit me some type of way. I feel the same way. My crush was Brandon Frazier. He probably got a ride with him out of town because I haven’t seen him on the field 

A little surprised it wasn’t Bobo to be honest.  Or at least demoted to QB coach or something. 

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

What makes this look weird without knowing is that the reason twill wasn’t hired because he couldn’t read a defense or something like that. This is a person that the coaches interviewed and hired. Now he is gone after 4 games. If there is no smoking gun for the firing does that mean the coach evaluation of him was wrong which lead him to be hired

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Might be a good idea to let the dust settle on the story and find out the actual reasons for the firing before jumping to conclusions.  

There is no fun in that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• WarTiger changed the title to WR coach Cornelius Williams fired
Just now, abw0004 said:

A little surprised it wasn’t Bobo to be honest

Bobo is here for recruitment and experience. He is not going anywhere.

This could be way more than just underperforming WR's.  It's the head coach's prerogative.  If it turns in to a s***-show that'll be on Harsin.  Corn could've done a number of things to warrant firing, we don't know the whole story.  I don't like it, but I'm choosing to wait and see at this point

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Cool. I read it. There may be a period of time with this coach to get everyone on the same page. If it takes a few years, then so be it. He just needs to find the right mix of coaches that have the same vision.

Nobody gets a few years to figure it out at Auburn. If things aren't improving, the axe swings by years 3 and 4.   Chizik won a Natty in year 2.  Malzahn played for one in year 1.  Tuberville won the SEC West in year 2.  Bowden had an undefeated season in year 1. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It needs to be something like that. Like constantly being late or leaving early or something

I’m thinking more along getting his tail chewed out about receivers constantly being out of position and the personnel not being in the field. Yesterday wasn’t the first time that happened just this time could have cost you the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The thought of the o line coach and the QB coach coming in business as usual is hilarious

I highly doubt anything about today was business as usual for anyone

Just now, wcware said:

I highly doubt anything about today was business as usual for anyone

CBH has been pissed since the clock hit zero. This is very intriguing 

How awkward was film room when the o line is watching a 250 dt tackle go thru them and the QB room on that throw into the bleachers the first time we are in the red zone. And on defense the walk on hb that had 6 carries and 150 yards at half......but the wr coach was fired 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because Harsin I think is seeing this ain't no game lol. These fans will run you out of the state. Hopefully this is a wake up call.

Fair point. He is in active OJT

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I’m thinking more along getting his tail chewed out about receivers constantly being out of position and the personnel not being in the field. Yesterday wasn’t the first time that happened just this time could have cost you the game. 

And that in and of itself is a fireable offense.  WR coach is tasked with hearing the call then making sure the right WR group is on the field.  Without issue.  Huge deal to constantly not have the right personnel on the field

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

How awkward was film room when the o line is watching a 250 dt tackle go thru them and the QB room on that throw into the bleachers the first time we are in the red zone. And on defense the walk on hb that had 6 carries and 150 yards at half......but the wr coach was fired 😂

I heard someone else will also be rotating footballs onto the field from now on. Fingers crossed

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is embarrassing dude. If this doesn’t have a deeper issue, it makes Harsin look like someone who doesn’t understand that you have to have patience to build a program. The WR room was the least experienced part of the team. I hope to god he didn’t fire him 4 games into the season because his guys were lining up wrong and missing catches.

How embarrassing 4 games in and your guys can’t get lined up correctly or catch passes. I also suspect something else happened that we don’t know about…

Just now, e808 said:

Fair point. He is in active OJT

His wr group had no starts, best wr transferred from another school where he under performed...and a QB that's not the most accurate...I'd be pissed lol

• Like 4