WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It needs to be something like that. Like constantly being late or leaving early or something

Those are Two good takes IMO

Are the WRs playing up to their potential? No.

Is that on its face enough to fire the position coach? Probably not.

There is more to the story. Harsin is quite aware that it isn’t a good look, but he still fired him.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I’m thinking more along getting his tail chewed out about receivers constantly being out of position and the personnel not being in the field. Yesterday wasn’t the first time that happened just this time could have cost you the game. 

The WRs would not have been the reason had we lost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

His wr group had no starts, best wr transferred from another school where he under performed...and a QB that's not the most accurate...I'd be pissed lol

I am just curious if he was fired because of football related stuff. Why was he hired in the first place. It’s just weird all around. We complained about the receivers but a lot of that is on the QB and the play calling

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

You guys don't remember watching any game where it stood out that the wr's didn't know a play or weren't on the field.....you may have seen it a few times but you also seen the qb throw directly to the other team. I've seen the hb's be told where to line up. I've watched the o line be confused and get penalties. I've seen the tight end literally just stand around. I've watched the db's be confused an entire drive....come on man. Should be a bunch of people fired

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This definitely seems odd. WRs have underperformed but far from the biggest issue. He would have been at least the 3rd coach that needed to go just on the offensive side of the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Those are Two good takes IMO

Are the WRs playing up to their potential? No.

Is that on its face enough to fire the position coach? Probably not.

There is more to the story. Harsin is quite aware that it isn’t a good look, but he still fired him.

I agree, but who is playing to their potential?

We also have to remember that there is so much going on out there that we don’t know. Just because they are lined up doesn’t mean it’s right. Just because they ran a route doesn’t mean it was the right one. We can really only say if we had the play sheet in front of us. It must be bad guys. Harsin knows the optics of this but he did it anyway. I do t buy the scapegoat. This has been building. It finally erupted 

• Like 4

And it was a wr that blocked the punt...not to mention how he was a QB but he's good enough to be in the rotation lol. This is wild

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You guys don't remember watching any game where it stood out that the wr's didn't know a play or weren't on the field.....you may have seen it a few times but you also seen the qb throw directly to the other team. I've seen the hb's be told where to line up. I've watched the o line be confused and get penalties. I've seen the tight end literally just stand around. I've watched the db's be confused an entire drive....come on man. Should be a bunch of people fired

Maybe but somebody has to be first 

Just now, wcware said:

We also have to remember that there is so much going on out there that we don’t know. Just because they are lined up doesn’t mean it’s right. Just because they ran a route doesn’t mean it was the right one. We can really only say if we had the play sheet in front of us. It must be bad guys. Harsin knows the optics of this but he did it anyway. I do t buy the scapegoat. This has been building. It finally erupted 

I think CBH was giving some free rein but not anymore. Time to tighten the ship.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I don't like is it makes us look like a clown show of a program again

Yes, it would be nice if we could avoid this constant bulkshit.

Especially if the whole "Boisie Boys" thing is true. It's not a good look

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Schools are going to have a field day negative recruiting us coming up 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think there was one play yesterday where the entire offense didn’t know what was going on. I think Bo threw the ball in the ground. That one play is up there with the coxcat and whirly bird plays

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think CBH was giving some free rein but not anymore. Time to tighten the ship.

Yep I have mentioned this 3 times but if anyone has not listened to the presser, listen. He was implying something like this was coming 

20 minutes ago, wcware said:

Antonio Brown is retiring to take the position. Relax everyone. No drama from him

Free like a bird

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ros4zvwj8x2a3idg1n

Edited by WFE12
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ok maybe I've been under a rock but what is this Boisie Boys thing?

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

If it’s performance based then Harsin is using him as a scapegoat and it’s wrong. Could the WR’s perform better? Of course but you could say that for the whole team. The only ones who have been pretty consistent are our RB’s. 

• Like 1