WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

54 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I hate to say it but I believe this isn't the only news that's coming. There are some rumblings coming and it ain't pretty. 

Uh no. Not a single legitimate inside has implied this. Let's shut down this doom and gloom panic crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ok maybe I've been under a rock but what is this Bosie Boys thing?

Apparently there is division inside the coaching staff. Boise vs SEC.  They don't agree on a lot.  Corn is being replaced by Bosie's ex OC who wasn't retained and came here as a staffer.

Apparently it's not the best environment right now between the two groups

• Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh and I forgot our kicker missed too😂

I don’t think this is purely a performance thing.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

But you'd have to admit, what we see is skewed.  We always see the overthrow or the bad throw because the camera follows the ball.  But we usually don't see the routes run when the ball doesn't come out or what the other WRs were doing when he throws one away because the camera is almost never on them.  If they run lazy routes, are out of position, make bad route reads, use bad technique, and so on, you'd rarely see it unless the commentators specifically point it out.

Those overthrows have nothing to do with routes though. They were missed by the QB point blank.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Apparently there is division inside the coaching staff. Boise vs SEC.  They don't agree on a lot.  Corn is being replaced by Bosie's ex OC who wasn't retained and came here as a staffer.

This will be telling if this guy is named WR coach as you are predicting.

Just now, DAG said:

This is the epitome of wait and see for me. He better win lol. Let's see what he does now. I wonder what else is to come.

I mean, he better win regardless 😂 

Just now, wcware said:

I mean, he better win regardless 😂 

Nah he had somewhat of a pass this year from a few because of Gus, but now we need to see some results QUICKLY. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Oh ok I just haven't heard it called that.

Just now, DAG said:

I pray this isn’t true starting to have flashbacks of Tubs and his BFF’s which ultimately lead to his demise

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

Ok then🤷 you can believe me or not I wasn't trying to put in any doom and gloom I just said this might not be the only news we hear. You can take it fwiw I don't really care🤣

When there's no merit to it all your doing is adding more negativity and rumors. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Schmedding and Bedell are the only two Boise guys right? Before Kiesau at least

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Pretty sure it is a done deal

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Again, let's stop rumors that paint the staff in a way that it's not. Haven't heard this from any credible source. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Those overthrows have nothing to do with routes though. They were missed by the QB point blank.

Duh.

I wasn't making excuses for bad passes.  I'm saying that if, because of the nature of how football games are broadcast and what the camera shows you, you see all the bad throws but only a fraction of the times that the WRs are misaligned, don't run sharp routes, don't make the correct coverage reads, use bad hand technique and so on, you're likely to have a very skewed view of what portion of the blame resides with which players.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I pray this isn’t true starting to have flashbacks of Tubs and his BFF’s which ultimately lead to his demise

I hope we have Tubs success 

• Like 1

The news is very sad and very shocking at this juncture in the season, yes. But how many FALSE STARTS were committed by a WR yesterday and this season? And think about how many times the entire offensive group was standing around waiting for a WR to enter the field? A lot. Momentum and drive killers. Harsin isn't playing around.

• Like 1