WR coach Cornelius Williams fired

Barnacle

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Again, let's stop rumors that paint the staff in a way that it's not. Haven't heard this from any credible source. 

So let's not mention anything insiders and Mods on other boards are saying??

Why even have a message board if you can't discuss the situation 

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I hope we have Tubs success 

Honestly Tubbs came at the right time. Bama was pretty crappy back then. Not sure how he would fare against some of the juggernauts that have been coming out of the SEC lately

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

How awkward was film room when the o line is watching a 250 dt tackle go thru them and the QB room on that throw into the bleachers the first time we are in the red zone. And on defense the walk on hb that had 6 carries and 150 yards at half......but the wr coach was fired 😂

yeah. I'm speculating but maybe those coaches said we'll do what it takes to fix it and the WR coach was like I'm doing everything I can... :dunno:

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

The news is very sad and very shocking at this juncture in the season, yes. But how many FALSE STARTS were committed by a WR yesterday and this season? And think about how many times the entire offensive group was standing around waiting for a WR to enter the field? A lot. Momentum and drive killers. Harsin isn't playing around.

Hate to anyone loos a job but the stakes are so high. Auburn nearly lost to Georgia State yesterday. WR’s look awful so far. We need to win. 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Seriously. His teams actually won meaningful games on the road. 

Just never at 11am

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

There has to be more that they just stink, right? 4 games in… 

or maybe it is a message. 

This . Something will pop up . Savage for even Saban to do that . 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

So let's not mention anything insiders and Mods on other boards are saying??

Why even have a message board if you can't discuss the situation 

Cite them then. Haven't seen any of that from a legitimate insider. Not one.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Honestly Tubbs came at the right time. Bama was pretty crappy back then. Not sure how he would fare against some of the juggernauts that have been coming out of the SEC lately

Saban showed us exactly how in 2008. 

• Like 2

Low hanging fruit..easiest to fire.  Plus, his guys were not getting separation.  A lot of blame all around, but he’s the one you can fire today with the least ripples.

Edited by AUDevil

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

Schmedding and Bedell are the only two Boise guys right? Before Kiesau at least

Strength & Conditioning  - Pitman, Pringle & Lazard

I usually have strong opinions either one way or another, but I gotta say...kinda apathetic on this one.  Not even upset if there is a real "Boise way vs SEC way of doing things" fight on staff.  Hell, the Auburn SEC way hasn't proven itself consistent enough times so I'm okay with bringing everything, excluding the blue turf, from Idaho and seeing the results speak for themselves.

Edited by SCTiger2011
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Cite them then. Haven't seen any of that from a legitimate insider. Not one.

That was from Tate. I can't post his full messages or it'll get deleted 

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Harsin complained about WRs not being lined up right and out of position against PSU. Seemed to be more chaos getting guys on the field last night.  Alignment and assignment should be the easy part.

There were two plays I remember where TJF was motioning to the sidelines that they needed another WR

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently there is division inside the coaching staff. Boise vs SEC.  They don't agree on a lot.  Corn is being replaced by Bosie's ex OC who wasn't retained and came here as a staffer.

Apparently it's not the best environment right now between the two groups

That seems like someone exaggerating. Especially since the WR coach was from the Sunbelt. Just kidding. 

In all fairness, its probably that the guys who know Hars ways and the others don't? 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

That was from Tate. I can't post his full messages or it'll get deleted 

That tracks. Jay G Tate has been getting off on being crappy towards Auburn. He was dead set Tank was transferring to Georgia. Think he was really tight with Gus or something lol. 

• Like 2

Not sure if this is the reason but I wondered why #0 didn’t get in the game this week. Was he hurt?

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Tuberville beat Saban a few times at LSU. He also beat Urban Meyer a couple of time. Just because bama sucked then didn't mean the whole SEC did. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, creed said:

Not sure if this is the reason but I wondered why #0 didn’t get in the game this week. Was he hurt?

This is the biggest question that no one is asking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep, you pay players, give them cars, and you get the number one recruiting class. That is how you compete. And once you start winning, you no longer need to do that anymore because people want to play for you. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But you'd have to admit, what we see is skewed.  We always see the overthrow or the bad throw because the camera follows the ball.  But we usually don't see the routes run when the ball doesn't come out or what the other WRs were doing when he throws one away because the camera is almost never on them.  If they run lazy routes, are out of position, make bad route reads, use bad technique, and so on, you'd rarely see it unless the commentators specifically point it out.

Absolutely. But you don't have to wonder about that when you see a guy running behind a defense. And that works both ways for most of the positions, you don't see all of their mess ups either

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep, you pay players, give them cars, and you get the number one recruiting class. That is how you compete. And once you start winning, you no longer need to do that anymore because people want to play for you. 

Yup and oversign classes then process out your lowest guys. Also sign kids just so your rivals don't but drop them so they're left sitting out a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1