New WR Coach

Win4AU

Welcome to the field Coach! I mean you were already here so it doesn’t have the same pop as welcome to the family. Anyway get them young men ready to play and succeed 

After seeing Kiesau's picture today I think I have seen him on the sidelines near Harsin several times, especially in the second half yesterday. I figured he was a director of player development or some other support staffer. Regardless, the guy is experienced and supposedly thought highly of. 

2 hours ago, au302 said:

After seeing Kiesau's picture today I think I have seen him on the sidelines near Harsin several times, especially in the second half yesterday. I figured he was a director of player development or some other support staffer. Regardless, the guy is experienced and supposedly thought highly of. 

I don’t think they are allowed to  be on sideline but I may be wrong. Know they can’t interact with players.

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think they are allowed to  be on sideline but I may be wrong. Know they can’t interact with players.

He was definitely on the sidelines yesterday. I saw him multiple times a pace or two off of Harsin. I was wondering who he was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

They can be on the sidelines and talk to players but can’t actually coach. Keisau was talking to Bo several times yesterday.  Unless they are at Alabama, then they can coach and recruit openly without reprisal. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

How did we (I) not know this guy coached for Lane Kiffin and Saban at Alabama? He also has head coach and offensive coordinator experience? All this, and he was just an analyst for us?

Sooooo if things don’t improve, maybe Bobo is next?

Edited by AU-24

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

How did we (I) not know this guy coached for Lane Kiffin and Saban at Alabama? He also has head coach and offensive coordinator experience? All this, and he was just an analyst for us?

IMO,  Harsin hired people he didn't really want to hire because of connections to the south and recruiting. It might be that those people aren't working out as good as he wants so he's going to end up replacing them with the people he truly wants now. Boise fan has already stated that the new WR coach was pretty good for Boise, I believe if/when things don't work out with Bobo then Coach Kiesau is gonna become the new OC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

IMO,  Harsin hired people he didn't really want to hire because of connections to the south and recruiting. It might be that those people aren't working out as good as he wants so he's going to end up replacing them with the people he truly wants now. Boise fan has already stated that the new WR coach was pretty good for Boise, I believe if/when things don't work out with Bobo then Coach Kiesau is gonna become the new OC.

Might be true and we haven't really hit on anyone for recruiting so that could be why CBH put in a guy he trusts

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Just b/c someone was an OC in the past doesn't mean he should be an OC for us.  He's no longer an OC for a reason.   He wasn't a good OC.

There does seem to be some positive spin out there that he was a good WR coach.

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Just b/c someone was an OC in the past doesn't mean he should be an OC for us.  He's no longer an OC for a reason.   He wasn't a good OC.

He was a 1 year OC for coaches who were either fired that year or left (Sarkisian). In the latter case, his O was good enough to land Sark the USC job. On the WR side, you're talking about Desean Jackson's college coach here, and Boise's WRs performed extremely well under him. They guy is vastly more qualified than the guy we fired. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Auburn should already be making phone calls to Briles and Lebby lol

They’ll probably get HC offers soon but still. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn should already be making phone calls to Briles and Lebby lol

They’ll probably get HC offers soon but still. 

We initially tried to hire Lebby.  That was the 1st OC Harsin interviewed.  He ended up getting a raise from Ole Miss

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

On the WR side, you're talking about Desean Jackson's college coach here, and Boise's WRs performed extremely well under him

As I noted in my post

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We initially tried to hire Lebby.  That was the 1st OC Harsin interviewed.  He ended up getting a raise from Ole Miss

Ah didn’t know that. I’d probably stay at OM too.  

Just now, woodford said:

Ah didn’t know that. I’d probably stay at OM too.  

Probably smart to stay there with his career trajectory probably getting him a job at a G5 school relatively soon....maybe after this year

• Like 1

rewatched the game... hopefully this guy can take care of the WR blocking. We had numerous WR bubble screens get blown at the line of scrimmage. Terrible. 

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He was actually a very good OC. The last couple of offenses he coordinated averaged over 400 yds per game and 30 PPG.

That being said, he is a way better WR coach.

• Like 2

I just saw that he did not join AU until mid February, so that would explain why he was not in line for the WR position originally.

I had heard he was waiting on a couple of other opportunities, but they did not pan out.

He should be an upgrade, but it is hard to tell how much an impact he will be able to make and how fast he can make it.