Jim Fyffe, Rod Bramblett

Mikey

We were blessed, fortunate or whatever you want to call it to have had both. Still find it hard to believe that Rod is gone. Jim was truly a great. Some of his best stuff was on his radio show Sportscall…. He was a master at stirring up the bammers.

• Like 2

Fyffe was the goat,  I didn’t really appreciate Rod until 2013.  I don’t know about most people but it started to become difficult to find the Auburn games on the radio in Huntsville in the mid 2000s.  The online choices involved paying for the Auburn Network feed.  I had season tickets from 09-15 and I’m not the guy who listens to the radio at the game.  I guess my point is these “voices” are slowly fading into the sunset for me.  I can’t imagine having another 93 where the only way to know what was going on was the radio.  Andy is great at a lot of things but the football broadcasts don’t do a lot for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Andy is great at a lot of things but the football broadcasts don’t do a lot for me.

Same here. I grew up listening to Gary Sanders announce the games(Gusty Yearout was color analyst in late 1960's) on the radio.  Still would rather listen in on my Tigers on the radio than watch on TV. Jim and Rod were 2 of the best. Andy just does not do it for me. We have been spoiled over the last 55 to 60 years by the wonderful announcers that we have had. Andy leaves a lot to be desired as to announcing play-by-play. Stan is a good color analyst and he does an excellent job. I wonder if Andy is permanent, or if there is someone else coming in the future.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cctiger said:

Same here. I grew up listening to Gary Sanders announce the games(Gusty Yearout was color analyst in late 1960's) on the radio.  Still would rather listen in on my Tigers on the radio than watch on TV. Jim and Rod were 2 of the best. Andy just does not do it for me. We have been spoiled over the last 55 to 60 years by the wonderful announcers that we have had. Andy leaves a lot to be desired as to announcing play-by-play. Stan is a good color analyst and he does an excellent job. I wonder if Andy is permanent, or if there is someone else coming in the future.

Ahhhh…another Gary and Gusty comrade. I have great memories of my trusted pocket transistor am radio and clear, cool fall afternoons.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cctiger said:

Andy and Bo have a lot in common…they both think they’re doing fine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, eagle63 said:

Anyone remember Buddy Rutledge?  He was one of the best.

Wheelchair bound. Didn’t slow him down. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, eagle63 said:

Anyone remember Buddy Rutledge?  He was one of the best.

My earliest memories as an Auburn fan. Televised games rare in those days. My family all Bammer fans in those days so the home stereo and radios reserved for their games at 1:30 Saturday afternoon. My Dad instructed me on using the family car ACC switch and radio for the Auburn games. Listened by myself most Saturdays. To this day still love to listen outside via truck radio. Buddy Rutledge was a great announcer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cctiger said:

Andy leaves a lot to be desired as to announcing play-by-play. Stan is a good color analyst and he does an excellent job. I wonder if Andy is permanent, or if there is someone else coming in the future.

Andy and Rod were great paired together for baseball. Loved to hear that broadcast. Andy does know baseball. Understand that baseball was Rod’s favorite of the three sports.

Don’t know why Andy would not be considered permanent. Understand that he doesn’t bring what Rod or Jim could but few people could.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Thanks 1