What is our identity?

ValleyTiger

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Maybe so, but that is not what BOBO runs and he is the OC. I was strictly going based off What Bobo has done in the past. 

I understand and you are correct.  I rushed in my response earlier and didn't make this clear, but I am beginning to wonder if there is conflict between the two based on what Harsin has traditionally done and what Bobo does.  Very fair point,

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I understand and you are correct.  I rushed in my response earlier and didn't make this clear, but I am beginning to wonder if there is conflict between the two based on what Harsin has traditionally done and what Bobo does.  Very fair point,

I think we will find out at the end of the season, if he makes it that long ha ha Ha

We are trying to be a balance team but with questionable everything except RBs that makes it hard. Looking for the coaches to adjust this upcoming week. 

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it was stated when harsin and company got here that our kids had no fundamentals. most of the board even says our oline| is not that good so what makes you think they can do any better in a different blocking scheme? same way when run blocking versus pass blocking. they struggle to pass bock altho they do get some run blocking. harsoi cannot perform miracles his first year. hell gus left us what seven or eight tight ends? i get your frustration but you have to give the man time. he deserves two or three years just like we give everyone else to get his program running. i want to win but now but it is what it is. the man is a winner so give him a chance.

First there are not any guarantees but I know maintaining the status quo is not an option.  This for me is not about winning but being competitive and maintaining the status quo will not make us competitive.  I know the power blocking schemes are not working and to give the more finese schemes and letting the defense take themselves out of the play may work.  I do realize we have problems both running and passing and that is why running draw plays and playaction passes will slow the pass rush down because these plays make the defense read run or pass before pass rushing. 

We have to give him 4 years because that is how long malzahn will be on payroll and we can not make a move until gus is off the roll no matter what this guys record is.  I did not really expect that much success this year. I believed 5 to 6 wins this year but if the status quo is maintained I don't even know if that is obtainable.

• Like 1