Harsin: Firing Williams couldn't wait

WFE12

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Just so you know, I am determined to bring You back from the dark side !!!  Just you specifically, it doesn’t feel normal for us to disagree, lol.

The good news is that any time I disagree with you, I'm wrong and you're right and you end up looking good and I look like... well... myself. 

Sigh. I just wanted so badly to see JJ Pegues run free in the open field with a football in his hands. Fly, JJ. Fly, you beautiful unicorn!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

The good news is that any time I disagree with you, I'm wrong and you're right and you end up looking good and I look like... well... myself. 

Sigh. I just wanted so badly to see JJ Pegues run free in the open field with a football in his hands. Fly, JJ. Fly, you beautiful unicorn!

It's hard being in the middle of stuff. People operate one side or the other a bunch. Harsin did stupid stuff. Harsin may actually be able to coach as well. 

He's done some good stuff, but he's done some very stupid things as well. 

He got some instant karma with this one though and it confused a few people it seems. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's hard being in the middle of stuff. People operate one side or the other a bunch. Harsin did stupid stuff. Harsin may actually be able to coach as well. 

He's done some good stuff, but he's done some very stupid things as well. 

He got some instant karma with this one though and it confused a few people it seems. 

Great way of saying it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I also and trying to figure out the coaching convention situation.  They were cancelled his first year as far as I could tell.  As an outsider the importance of these conventions should have been relayed to him from either the AD or from Someone within the AD itself, not sure that was the case and not a coincidence.  There are some upset people in the AD that hurt Auburn while trying to go after a guy who was trying to focus on his job and not be a nice guy and kiss butts to folks.

Are you saying the AD and AD staff intentionally hid the importance of the coaching conventions from Harsin? Honestly asking, I'm not sure if I read this correctly. 

Either way, an SEC head coach should not have to be told that it's important to make connections with high school coaches in your primary recruiting areas. If Harsin was unsure if it was worth his time, he could have easily found out if his rival head coaches attend these events. 

• Like 3

Can someone PM me about corn if we know what happened after all but cannot state it here? I must have missed something. As @McLoofusstated it's important to know what happened here

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010

I don't recall reading or hearing Mason intended to step away from coaching for a year.  I recall the OSU job was a thing almost immediately after it was announced he left AU.  

21 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I don't recall reading or hearing Mason intended to step away from coaching for a year.  I recall the OSU job was a thing almost immediately after it was announced he left AU.  

It was actually rumored *before* he resigned from Auburn. Then he allegedly said when he resigned that he wasn't taking another job, and then he did of course take another job. 

19 hours ago, abw0004 said:

He should do ok as an analyst. That job probably doesn't include having them line up in the correct positions.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

See? Even when stuff is debunked.....Auburn fans will ride with it forever. Doesn't matter

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See? Even when stuff is debunked.....Auburn fans will ride with it forever. Doesn't matter

Not just Auburn fans.

You've seen the political forums...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Please don't lump all fans in with Mikey.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Just curious?? What does everyone believe the reason that the guy was let go?

Don't know that everyone believes the same thing. There are a certain few that think his firing is part of a deep, dark conspiracy that can only be vaguely referred to but never directly mentioned.

Most rational fans think he was fired because he wasn't getting the job done.

• Like 2

He can coach, probably was more of a philosophical difference than anything else. He came from a spread type system at Troy. While Harsin has more of a pro set style. It does not have to be some mysterious, thing or Harsin did him wrong.

• Like 1