Harsin: Firing Williams couldn't wait

WFE12

Lol, I don't even think people are attempting to think anymore.

I'm sure saban makes a habit of hiring coaches that can't coach. I can just see him saying oh you can't get guys lined up. Yeah that's exactly what I need here. 

The fact some people are dumb enough to really behave a coach is really out there constantly forgetting plays in itself is hilarious. 

I wonder how many other coaches experienced a wr getting a play late one time and it turned into 16 times or whatever it was

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Lol, I don't even think people are attempting to think anymore.

I'm sure saban makes a habit of hiring coaches that can't coach. I can just see him saying oh you can't get guys lined up. Yeah that's exactly what I need here. 

The fact some people are dumb enough to really behave a coach is really out there constantly forgetting plays in itself is hilarious. 

I wonder how many other coaches experienced a wr getting a play late one time and it turned into 16 times or whatever it was

Saban didn't hire a coach...he hired an analyst.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerTale said:

Saban didn't hire a coach...he hired an analyst.

You mean like our oc was?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

You mean like our oc was?

Correct. Then he got a promotion to WR coach and then he got a promotion OC.

Williams went from coach to analyst. 

Don't pretend Harsin fired him and then Saban scooped him up to do the same job at Bama.

He may get a promotion in the future and become a coach again, but that's not where things stand at the moment.

8 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

Correct. Then he got a promotion to WR coach and then he got a promotion OC.

Don't pretend Harsin fired him and then Saban scooped him up to do the same job at Bama.

He may get a promotion in the future and become a coach again, but that's not where things stand at the moment.

I'm not pretending anything, I'm pointing out how the guy that was let go apparently the top coach in the nation saw value in him to put him on staff.

You shouldn't portend that the spot isn't one of the most wanted and one of the most valued spots in all of America. 

If Amazon hired you to be an executive intern even though you may not be a VP at Sears that's still an invaluable spot that you just got that the most qualified people would kill for. 

As you can easily see here that an analyst is coaches. You are the only person that mentioned same position. You are the only person pretending

Edited by cole256

59 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

Then he got a promotion to WR coach and then he got a promotion OC.

Kiesau went from OC at Boise to analyst here.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm not pretending anything, I'm pointing out how the guy that was let go apparently the top coach in the nation saw value in him to put him on staff.

You shouldn't portend that the spot isn't one of the most wanted and one of the most valued spots in all of America. 

If Amazon hired you to be an executive intern even though you may not be a VP at Sears that's still an invaluable spot that you just got that the most qualified people would kill for. 

As you can easily see here that an analyst is coaches. You are the only person that mentioned same position. You are the only person pretending

So, Alabama is Amazon and Auburn is Sears in your scenario? Ridiculous. 

Of course, being an executive intern at one of the most profitable corporations in the world is better than being a VP at a bankrupt company.

Position coach at AU is better than analyst at Bama...yes.

Williams took a demotion. Just because Saban hired him as analyst at Bama doesn't mean he should have never been fired at AU. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Kiesau went from OC at Boise to analyst here.

I would consider that to be a demotion.

He then eventually got promoted to a coach.

I believe Williams will one day be promoted to coach again as well. Maybe not at Bama, but somewhere.

9 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

I believe Williams will one day be promoted to coach again as well. Maybe not at Bama, but somewhere.

Cool. So it's probably okay to just roll with Cole's assertion that saban hiring Corn suggests that he's not as incompetent as he's been portrayed by folks here.

By the way- and this is not directed at you- it's interesting that many of the same people who assume everything said about Harsin has been just rumors and lies are 100% certain that Corn deserved to be fired for his incompetence 4 games into the season because a bunch of incredibly inexperienced wide receivers in a new system- most of whom never did produce anything significant are no longer here- were doing things incorrectly. 

11 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

Then Wtf are you arguing

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

So, Alabama is Amazon and Auburn is Sears in your scenario? Ridiculous. 

Of course, being an executive intern at one of the most profitable corporations in the world is better than being a VP at a bankrupt company.

Position coach at AU is better than analyst at Bama...yes.

Williams took a demotion. Just because Saban hired him as analyst at Bama doesn't mean he should have never been fired at AU. 

So why should he have been fired as opposed to the other coaches. Tell me

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Cool. So it's probably okay to just roll with Cole's assertion that saban hiring Corn suggests that he's not as incompetent as he's been portrayed by folks here.

By the way- and this is not directed at you- it's interesting that many of the same people who assume everything said about Harsin has been just rumors and lies are 100% certain that Corn deserved to be fired for his incompetence 4 games into the season because a bunch of incredibly inexperienced wide receivers in a new system- most of whom never did produce anything significant are no longer here- were doing things incorrectly. 

I never said he was incompetent. I said WR play was not good and that's why he got fired. That's the way coaching works. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I never said the other coaches should not have been fired. I simply said Williams was fired because of poor WR play.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Then Wtf are you arguing

Going from coach to analyst is a demotion.

Going from analyst to coach is a promotion.

Williams took a demotion by going from coach at AU to analyst at Bama. But some of you act that him being hired as an analyst at Bama means he must have been a really good coach that didn't deserve to be fired by Harsin.

23 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

I never said he was incompetent. I said WR play was not good and that's why he got fired. That's the way coaching works. 

You're right. Mea culpa.

• Like 1

I hate seeing a coach fired mid-season. Usually means the season sucks. Williams was probably a sacrificial lamb and the easiest target at the time as WR play was bad. Harsin felt pressure to do something to show he was in control of a precarious situation and Williams took the hit. Hate it for him and AU as now Alabama gets a darn good analyst on Auburn's dime. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerTale said:

Going from coach to analyst is a demotion.

Going from analyst to coach is a promotion.

Williams took a demotion by going from coach at AU to analyst at Bama. But some of you act that him being hired as an analyst at Bama means he must have been a really good coach that didn't deserve to be fired by Harsin.

Who said he was a really good coach? If you are going by play he shouldn't have been fired since the other coaches didn't and since an analyst is now an offensive coordinator.

And you can say whatever you want and pretend it's not what it is but frankly if the guy was a bad coach he wouldn't be hired in any capacity on the most highly competitive spots for the best school the last decade.

But frankly if you can reply you didn't say these things and assumptions can't be made, then that means you have to follow that rule and stop with the "act like" stuff yourself.

You're in no position to say you know why he was fired just like you tell others they aren't. Period.

Edited by cole256

Before anyone says it, it should be pointed out that saban didn't hire Corn to get an inside look at our program. 

I'm relieved nobody has tried to say it yet, but I'd really love for us to all have a nice weekend and one way to get a good start on that would be for nobody to try to claim that now. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Before anyone says it, it should be pointed out that saban didn't hire Corn to get an inside look at our program. 

I'm relieved nobody has tried to say it yet, but I'd really love for us to all have a nice weekend and one way to get a good start on that would be for nobody to try to claim that now. 

Saban has spent more time at Auburn than Corn anyway. 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:14 AM, cole256 said:

That's a very simple question to answer. He was fired because Harsin wanted him gone and wanted the other coaches to stay, at least through the season..

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's a very simple question to answer. He was fired because Harsin wanted him gone and wanted the other coaches to stay, at least through the season..

Ok cool. So you should be perfectly fine about us getting Gus up out of here

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ok cool. So you should be perfectly fine about us getting Gus up out of here

I am. Check several of my posts in which I said it was time for a change. It's still unlikely that we'll find a keeper without having several swings and misses first but it was time for a change.

It's also stupid for people to act like Gus never did anything good at Auburn. It was time for a change but that's no excuse for the irrational Gus hatred that prevails with some posters here. The guy never had a losing season, took us to within 13 seconds of the second national championship he was heavily involved with and ran a clean program for eight years. He deserves respect, not hatred from people who will never reach the very top of their chosen profession like Gus has.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1