McElroy and Cubelic Breakdown Position Groups

tomcat

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

We can play what ifs all day long.  I am not anti Harsin in any way, shape or form.  I want this staff to succeed.  That said, I am not about to excuse away this staff's bad game planning, play calling and lack of creativity to get the most out of the current roster.  When people say bull**** like "he is such a man" and  "a true alpha" I just roll my eyes and wonder what the hell that bs has to do with getting the most out of his young men?

I also appreciate what the prior staff was able to accomplish.  It ran its course.  That is not unusual.  I have argue many times that we should have seized the opportunity in 2017 and wished Gus the best on moving home to Arkansas.  We didn't.  That isn't on Gus.  That is on Auburn.  We were the laughing stock of the SEC in 2012 and we wore the crown after 2013.  I will always appreciate that and there is no need to be apologetic for that.  When people pretend that there is no talent on the current roster, I simply point out that they are mistaken.  When people use a talent argument to excuse that Ga State performance, it is comical.  What some of you don't recognize is that it isn't people correcting you about the former staff that keep bringing it up.  The people that constantly bring up the former staff and engage in revisionist history do that over and over.

I feel we both have made valid points. My MAIN point was this certainly was NOT the worst game since 2012 and in my opinion (just that an opinion) that was really hyperbolic. I also felt like too much was made out of a bad game 4 of a new coaching staff while giving a break for bad games years into a coaching staff’ s tenure. 

4 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I feel we both have made valid points. My MAIN point was this certainly was NOT the worst game since 2012 and in my opinion (just that an opinion) that was really hyperbolic. I also felt like too much was made out of a bad game 4 of a new coaching staff while giving a break for bad games years into a coaching staff’ s tenure. 

Most importantly, at the end of the day we want the same thing.  We want Auburn to be better and to experience the highs that we all miss.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, Mike4AU said:

I continue to be shocked at the lack of talent that Gus left. 

Haha, are you counting the army of talent that transferred when he left?

On 9/30/2021 at 10:19 AM, LPTiger said:

AU9377, recruiting class rankings are inherently flawed because they do not account for roster needs.  Gus signed top 10 classes, but those classes did not meet our roster needs.   I don't want to be "just like Bama", but I do want to recruit like them.   Saying we can't is a little brother, losing mentality.    With NIL we can recruit like them, legally.

Saying we can't is the same as saying nobody can right now.  We can recruit well enough to be in the top tier of SEC teams.  With the right coaching, that is what it takes to win in the SEC West.    The truth is that the only roster need that we really failed to address is the OL.  It wasn't for lack of trying, but once the perception became that AU wasn't a good place for an offensive lineman to develop, we were bound to lose out on the top prospects.  Add to that the lack of an OL coach that developed guys and we then became dependent on the transfers.

I realize that our WR group is lacking right now, but that position has been recruited well enough, but suffered a lot of attrition over the past couple of years.  We didn't get it addressed in the last cycle (2021) and that makes it imperative that we address it this year.

Some people have taken the lack of depth at these positions and and concluded that the shelf is bare.  That is the conclusion that is very flawed.  We may not be utilizing them well right now, but there is talent on this team.

15 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Haha, are you counting the army of talent that transferred when he left?

I’m not sure which players you consider in your army, but I will list a few. 

Domio…not doing much

MAR…not doing much

Hardy…head case

Newkirk…doing good

Truesdell…not doing much, besides, if you knew why he is no longer at AU I’m sure you would pass on him. 

Big Kat…same ole BK…all hat, no cattle 

Presley…almost nonexistent…zero receptions and 13 rushing yards as of 9/25

I am sure I have left out others and some may have been helpful to AU.  Let me know who would be in that list. 

If you disagree with my comments on those players, go the the UCF website, Baylor website  and UF website for stats on each player  

Anyway, have a good day and hopefully a really good evening later this evening  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Truesdell…not doing much, besides, if you knew why he is no longer at AU I’m sure you would pass on him. 

Do Tell

Arky and Ole Miss may not be up there with UGA and UAT but they should win 9-10 games in their coaches' second years. Why can't we do the same by year 3?

I'm not sold on Arky winning 9 to 10 games.  UGA all but told them we can't throw the ball with IV at qb, and Arky couldn't slow down, much less, stop the run.   Maybe UGA's line is just that awesome....

Just now, Mike4AU said:

He stepped on a rusty nail and refused to get a tetanus shot. 

That's it?!?

Odd.