Class is a failure without O Linemen

gr82b4au

I will not name my sources on this. 

Bryan Harsin hired one of the best in the business with Will Friend.  Although, Will is an ace recruiter, his sales pitch right now has him looking very two-faced with recruits and their parents and has really turned most of them off for this recruiting cycle.  He targeted almost the same players he was going for at UT.  As a result, most high school lineman and their families do not trust Coach Friend.  He is expected to be very dominant on the recruiting trail for the 2023 class but we are unfortunately going to suffer on this one.

Edited by ToomersStreet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Bryan Harsin hired one of the best in the business with Will Friend.  However, Will is an ace recruiter, his sales pitch right now has him looking very two-faced with recruits and their parents and has really turned most of them off for this recruiting cycle.  He targeted almost they same players he was going for at UT.  As a result, most high school lineman have and their families do not trust Coach Friend.  He is expected to be very dominant on the recruiting trail for the 2023 class but we are fortunately going to suffer on this one.

Transfer portal is going to be life or death on the O-line for 2022. Has to be concerning. 

• Like 1

Let's suppose (I AM NOT SAYING THIS NECESSARILY WILL HAPPEN) that we go 5-7 this year and 4-8 next year...can we still come up with a big class for 2023? I just see people thinking that FSU's class is going to fall apart. But they could be on the exact same curve we are, just a year ahead.

Edited by AUwent

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Let's suppose (I AM NOT SAYING THIS NECESSARILY WILL HAPPEN) that we go 5-7 this year and 4-8 next year...can we still come up with a big class for 2023? I just see people thinking that FSU's class is going to fall apart. But they could be on the exact same curve we are, just a year ahead.

No one can answer that....... way too much can happen. Really the only answer would be yes and no

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

No one can answer that....... way too much can happen. Really the only answer would be yes and no

A lot can happen, but if we're banking on the 2023 class, we can't really depend on winning this year and next. If both the '22 and '23 class were to be flops, it would mean a change will happen not too long after. I AM NOT SAYING I NECESSARILY THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN.

1 hour ago, ToomersStreet said:

Bryan Harsin hired one of the best in the business with Will Friend.  However, Will is an ace recruiter, his sales pitch right now has him looking very two-faced with recruits and their parents and has really turned most of them off for this recruiting cycle.  He targeted almost they same players he was going for at UT.  As a result, most high school lineman have and their families do not trust Coach Friend.  He is expected to be very dominant on the recruiting trail for the 2023 class but we are fortunately going to suffer on this one.

My humble opinion here. Those parent and recruits need to educate themselves on the business that is CFB recruiting. It’s a revolving door of coaches and schools every year. Two years ago Matt Luke was selling OM. Last year he was selling UGA. Rodney Garner was recruiting intensely for AU last season, now he’s pitching UT to some of those same recruits. It’s how it works. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

My humble opinion here. Those parent and recruits need to educate themselves on the business that is CFB recruiting. It’s a revolving door of coaches and schools every year. Two years ago Matt Luke was selling OM. Last year he was selling UGA. Rodney Garner was recruiting intensely for AU last season, now he’s pitching UT to some of those same recruits. It’s how it works. 

Wish Gus had parted with Grimes as soon as Luke was fired from OM and pounced on him right then. Had he done that I would've said give him more time after last year.

Edited by AUwent

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Wish Gus had parted with Grimes as soon as Luke was fired from OM and pounced on him right then. Had he done that I would've said give him more time after last year.

Hell no on Gus

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell no on Gus

Point is, I kinda wish Matt Luke were on our staff. But hopefully ToomersStreet is correct about Friend come February 2023.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree 100%

when you look at it, nearly all coaches who actively recruit are “two-faced”.  The revolving door of college coaches is nearly equivalent to the transfer portal.  So. Pot meet kettle

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Point is, I kinda wish Matt Luke were on our staff. But hopefully ToomersStreet is correct about Friend come February 2023.

Im just the messanger

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Agree 100%

when you look at it, nearly all coaches who actively recruit are “two-faced”.  The revolving door of college coaches is nearly equivalent to the transfer portal.  So. Pot meet kettle

Yeah I agree I dont get how that would stop an ace recruiter, not entirely anyway. Coaches go to new teams all the time and the ace recruiters usually take a recruit or 2 they want that they were recruiting at the old school. This is nothing new. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
31 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Yeah I agree I dont get how that would stop an ace recruiter, not entirely anyway. Coaches go to new teams all the time and the ace recruiters usually take a recruit or 2 they want that they were recruiting at the old school. This is nothing new. 

Yep. This never seems to have an effect a year later. If it was like James Franklin who took a bunch of recruits from Vandy to PSU the year he left I could see it. But an entire class later?? Doesnt add up to me. If that were really the case then the ones he recruited for TN in the 2023 class would feel the same way. And most recruits would never go to a new staff for the first few years. It would mean Kirby couldn’t recruit guys when he got to UGA that he recruited at bama…but he got 5 stars so we know that’s 100% not possible.  Not trying to shoot the messenger here, but that story just doesn’t seem to hold water.  May be bad info OR there is a lot more to the story. Hoping it’s the 1st

Imo this will even out recruits will come and like I said in the Bobo thread I believe there is gonna be some more soon, we got another one today so let's be patient.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Imo this will even out recruits will come and like I said in the Bobo thread I believe there is gonna be some more soon, we got another one today so let's be patient.

Looks like AU is heading to the West Coast next week to watch Clemons and Agbo in action. Feel like Harsin will start turning up the dial since he saw the talent of ugay and knows first hand what is needed now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

Looks like AU is heading to the West Coast next week to watch Clemons and Agbo in action. Feel like Harsin will start turning up the dial since he saw the talent of ugay and knows first hand what is needed now. 

I believe he already knew what was going on.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe he already knew what was going on.

Agree. He knew as soon as he saw us flounder and get pushed around by freaking Northwestern 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I don’t think it matters how well Auburn closes out the class with Oline recruits, they’re going to have to get 2 OT transfers as well.  

• Like 3

Guest MustardSeed
18 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I don’t think it matters how well Auburn closes out the class with Oline recruits, they’re going to have to get 2 OT transfers as well.  

You’re not wrong

56 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Either get 2 OT transfers or allow/convince 2 OT seniors to stay for a super senior season.  

To totally derail this thread, anyone read about the guy that got his 8th year of college football?

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/bucs-folks-making-history-with-eighth-season-of-college-football/article_1a0c8866-26f4-11ec-8aae-1fd249dcb27d.html#:~:text=Jared Folks is in his,transferring to East Tennessee State.&text=ETSU linebacker Jared Folks intercepts a pass against VMI in 2018.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 3:25 PM, ToomersStreet said:

Bryan Harsin hired one of the best in the business with Will Friend.  Although, Will is an ace recruiter, his sales pitch right now has him looking very two-faced with recruits and their parents and has really turned most of them off for this recruiting cycle.  He targeted almost the same players he was going for at UT.  As a result, most high school lineman and their families do not trust Coach Friend.  He is expected to be very dominant on the recruiting trail for the 2023 class but we are unfortunately going to suffer on this one.

Lol