Class is a failure without O Linemen

gr82b4au

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I don’t think it matters how well Auburn closes out the class with Oline recruits, they’re going to have to get 2 OT transfers as well.  

Agreed and maybe a third for depth

8 minutes ago, keywest said:

Agreed and maybe a third for depth

I agree that we will need some OT's from transfer Portal how many will depend on if any of the current Senior OT's decide to use the extra Covid year. I am happy that HS O-line recruiting seems to be picking up. We still need 2-3 more HS O-line to make up for previous years.

12 hours ago, aublaise said:

Either get 2 OT transfers or allow/convince 2 OT seniors to stay for a super senior season.  

To totally derail this thread, anyone read about the guy that got his 8th year of college football?

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/bucs-folks-making-history-with-eighth-season-of-college-football/article_1a0c8866-26f4-11ec-8aae-1fd249dcb27d.html#:~:text=Jared Folks is in his,transferring to East Tennessee State.&text=ETSU linebacker Jared Folks intercepts a pass against VMI in 2018.

I think both Trox stays and Hamm stays then moves inside to guard. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:00 PM, twilli13 said:

Yeah I agree I dont get how that would stop an ace recruiter, not entirely anyway. Coaches go to new teams all the time and the ace recruiters usually take a recruit or 2 they want that they were recruiting at the old school. This is nothing new. 

It seems like if a position coach went after a player at 2 different schools then that must mean the coach is loyal to the kid and really believes in him. 

6 minutes ago, God Cam It said:

It seems like if a position coach went after a player at 2 different schools then that must mean the coach is loyal to the kid and really believes in him. 

Exactly.

I don't buy this rhetoric about being 2 faced, just bc an OL coach takes another job? THis is going to happen all the time.

As you said, parents should feel good that even though the coach has changed schools, the new school and Friend still want to recruit their son to Auburn.

Total bs, that parents should not like it. They know this is a business and coaches are going to be transient...

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

how many will depend on if any of the current Senior OT's decide to use the extra Covid year. 

It’s kind of the double edged sword here though isn’t it?  It would be great to keep some experience on the O Line, but if we end up with more talented guys behind them, then staying may just be taking up roster spots needed for others. Now that may not play out that way but it will be interesting to see how many Harsin would allow to continue if he’s getting his own guys coming in (especially with transfers)

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

It’s kind of the double edged sword here though isn’t it?  It would be great to keep some experience on the O Line, but if we end up with more talented guys behind them, then staying may just be taking up roster spots needed for others. Now that may not play out that way but it will be interesting to see how many Harsin would allow to continue if he’s getting his own guys coming in (especially with transfers)

I agree to a point but remember we can add more than 25 this year because of the new rule. So a lot would depend on how many quality OT's are available in the Portal that want to come to Auburn.  He apparently didn't want any this year for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, God Cam It said:

I think both Trox stays and Hamm stays then moves inside to guard. 

I hope you are correct. Having them both back for another year would be huge.