Who Starts at QB this week?

W.E.D

Who Starts at QB this week? (not who you want to start)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Bo Nix or TJ Finley, who takes the 1st snap of the game???

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 12:25 AM

47 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Before you get too excited about this year, check this out.  See a trend this year?

Date OPP Result CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG QBR
Sat 9/25 vsGAST 13 27 156 48.1 5.8 0 0 28 1 96.7 22.3
Sat 9/18 @10PSU 21 37 185 56.8 5.0 0 0 36 0 98.8 67.8
Sat 9/11 vsALST 9 17 108 52.9 6.4 2 0 28 1 145.1 38.2
Sat 9/4 vsAKR 20 22 275 90.9 12.5 3 0 42 0 240.9

haha gah damn I didn't realize Bo was sub 50% last weekend.  I'm glad I didn't watch him play

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Every bit of logic in my bones says to start TJ, except one thing. It being LSU and the fact that TJ came from there. Throwing him into a night game at Death Valley for his first start would be an emotional nightmare. I personally would still start him, but I think Coach starts Bo and brings TJ in the minute struggles begin.

Yep this is the only reason I hesitate on starting TJ. But I would still start him. 

Bo is not progressing. He is regressing. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Every bit of logic in my bones says to start TJ, except one thing. It being LSU and the fact that TJ came from there. Throwing him into a night game at Death Valley for his first start would be an emotional nightmare. I personally would still start him, but I think Coach starts Bo and brings TJ in the minute struggles begin.

Yep this is the only reason I hesitate on starting TJ. But I would still start him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I know there's a lot of speculation on the injury but no one has confirmed it, right? If Bo was hurt then no way he should have even played the game last Saturday. You don't play an injured QB if it's going to affect his throwing and definitely not against a cupcake opponent. That's what you have reserves for. Let the backup play until the starter heals.

IMO, that's the excuse being trotted out by fans of his father.

I believe TJ should start but, I've never coached so...I wouldn't put much stock in my opinion.

Whoever starts, I hope he has a great game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Idk because there is good and bad in both. Like some said TJ throws a nice ball but he was missing guys that were open as well. He also had a very risky throw to the wide side of the field that would have been a pick against most SEC opponents. The person who saved the day always looks good in the moment. However coach gets to review the tape and look at the checks and balance. We will see what happens on Saturday that’s why coach gets paid the big bucks to make these tough decisions  War Eagle!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think he starts TJ but uses Bo if TJ struggles for above mentioned reasons. Hope they both do well and we can discuss this again next week. War Eagle. I also hope the receivers show out. 

I forgot which player said it but I read when one of them said that TJ came in the game and he took over with confidence and took control. That's what the team needs. The offense will respond to that. If, and it's a big if, these guys don't feel that way with Bo right now when things aren't going well, then we're in trouble. Having said that I won't be surprised to see Bo start but I feel we'll see TJ sooner than later if Road Bo plays Sat. night. There is no room in the SEC for on the job training for a 3rd year starter. 

16 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Hopefully neither 

That being said where in the world is Dee Davis?  I would have thought he would have gotten some snaps in the two blowouts.  

10 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

That being said where in the world is Dee Davis?  I would have thought he would have gotten some snaps in the two blowouts.  

I hope he's been getting that sunday coaching and ready to go.

3 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Finley should start.

Bo will start.

I think we have all been Gustified enough to think this could happen.

Surely......................

giphy-1.gif.c9f1801aa44ff4cf14fc06707b500e1b.gif

• Like 1

Should? Probably TJ.

Will? Probably Bo.

Honestly don't know with this staff. It's exciting that we finally believe there's a chance of a change and consequences for not performing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think one of those many articles from Fifty about TJ, shows he's pretty well grounded.

I have faith that the moment won't be too big for TJ.

2 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I would not at all be surprised to see Bo start. I would be unequally surprised to see him pulled. I can see it as a last test for Bo. Give the more experienced guy the start, especially on the road, and if he still shows the same issues, it’s TJ’s show from now on. That’s probably how I would do it. Honestly, based on what I’ve seen, I believe it’s only a matter of time until TJ takes over for good. It just seems like we’re delaying the inevitable. 

Hopefully, it's not going to be a Malzahn mind fart where he rotates QB's on each play.

I don't understand to continue to play Bo if he is hurt(in reference to the people who are saying Bo is possibly hurt). I don't think a 70% Bo is better than a 100% TJ. I think you start TJ and see where it goes. It's not like you can't always go back to Bo if TJ doesn't play well. I honestly think we've seen Bo's ceiling. He's in his third year as a starting quarterback and we're still seeing some of the same issues we saw his freshman year. Plus I think Gus's system fit his skills better than this system cause it allowed him to use his legs more. There are no designed QB runs in this system. You can't bank on winning a game with Bo throwing 35-45 times a game at a high clip. 

Watching him run, he doesn't look that fast.  But, big guys with long legs can look that way. Just how slow is TJ?

40 times anybody?

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

I know there's a lot of speculation on the injury but no one has confirmed it, right? If Bo was hurt then no way he should have even played the game last Saturday. You don't play an injured QB if it's going to affect his throwing and definitely not against a cupcake opponent. That's what you have reserves for. Let the backup play until the starter heals.

Andy Burcham confirmed it was a nagging shoulder injury during the game. Who knows how bad it was but the staff obviously didn’t think it would affect his throws as much as it did. 

TJ handled the situation Saturday and the moment wasn't to big .He handled the offense and alignments. He handled the press conference and gave credit to his teammates. He gave himself constructive criticism and a timeline for improvement. TJ is ready and he starts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

If TJ struggles and Bo replaces TJ during the game and struggles then you would have two broken QBs, though.

I think we will see both QBs during the game but Bo will be the starter.

Unfortunately, I believe Nix is very broken and TJ left because he really had no shot at much game time at LSU. If we are lucky, each plays well enough in the game to keep their pass rush in check. I’m actually beginning to believe Jarquez is our fastest, strongest and best hole reader of our tailbacks. Harsin definitely deserves a full 2 recruiting cycles to see what he can do as a HC. As for the rest of the staff, that should be looked at on a position by position basis. You can’t keep all of your buddies from Boise St. and expect to recruit in the South and having some connections on the West coast and Midwest can certainly help, but all of the talent is the southeast. If we win Saturday, that would be huge for us and Harsin. We haven’t won there since TT was coach and that is now 4 coaches ago. I’m anxious to see. War Eagle regardless. 

• Like 2