Who Starts at QB this week?

W.E.D

Who Starts at QB this week? (not who you want to start)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Bo Nix or TJ Finley, who takes the 1st snap of the game???

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 12:25 AM

46 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Andy Burcham confirmed it was a nagging shoulder injury during the game. Who knows how bad it was but the staff obviously didn’t think it would affect his throws as much as it did. 

Where they not watching the same passes been thrown that we were. Bo is inaccurate but some were pure ducks. How could they not notice. In his previous years don’t recall ever seeing passes that bad

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

Where they not watching the same passes been thrown that we were. Bo is inaccurate but some were pure ducks. How could they not notice. In his previous years don’t recall ever seeing passes that bad

Bo has never really thrown a pretty ball, IMHO. Finley on the other hand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Watching him run, he doesn't look that fast.  But, big guys with long legs can look that way. Just how slow is TJ?

40 times anybody?

Saying that gives me flashbacks to when Matt Jones was at Arkansas.  Man looked he was running in slow motion, and no one catching him.

Another thing that worries me about TJ he was on the other side last year in a road game and Auburn had their way with him . Now the roles are reversed and he is with the road team again. I know what he did last week in relief but still haven’t forgotten how he looked against Auburn last year. 

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Bo has never really thrown a pretty ball, IMHO. Finley on the other hand...

True but after that big hit in the PSU some have been really bad even by BO standards. Some had way more air than usually or pure duck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I won't be surprised with either, but I think TJ gets the nod. A few have mentioned it, but the talking heads have been correct. If TJ struggles, you can bring back Bo no problem. But if Bo starts and gets pulled again, he is done at Auburn, plus you may lose the team. It's almost a disservice to Bo to start him. Even if he does start, I can almost guarantee it will be on a very short leash.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Just play DD

This is how I feel as well; I don't thinl Bo or TJ are capable to win many of our upcoming games, why not start preparing for the future. Davis or Greiner will be the starter next year anyway, might as well start preparing now; who knows he might ball out (and probably will) when given the opportunity.

• Like 1

Bo has already been faced with tons of adversity, has accumulated several hours of competitive game experience, and has still regressed. Unfortunately, I don’t think getting benched will be the magic pill for him. I’ve been a Boliever for too long now. I think we’ve seen his peak. 

Is Finley better? That certainly seemed to be the case last week. Now there’s an opportunity for him to compete for a big win against his old team. We’ve seen Bo’s peak, have we seen Finley’s? There seems to be a tendency to write him off based on his performance at LSU, without acknowledging the potential for his development. Maybe it’s due to Bo’s lack of progression, but it appears we’ve lost our belief that a QB can get better through time and experience. I say give TJ the start. 

Hard to get a read on what this staff will likely do. Hell, Harsin might not make a decision until after warmups and tell the team just before taking the field, who knows?

Unless the shoulder is worse than we're led to believe, I think Bo will get the start.

Last weekend, Bo Nix went 2-for-9 for 10 yards passing and averaged 1.1 yards per attempt when under pressure, which resulted in a 33.3 PFF passing grade for Nix. On the other hand, TJ Finley went 6-for-8 for 68 yards passing, 1 TD, & averaged over 8.5 yards per attempt, which resulted in a 92.1 PFF passing grade when under pressure. Finley also led the only TD drive for the Tigers last weekend and injected a different level of energy in a stagnant team, which cannot be understated.

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Good god. TRASH. 

Bo’s advanced statistics will make you cry. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. 

Let me start by saying I'm not here to defend Bo's inaccuracies, but if you look deeper there's also a clear pattern in those advanced analytics from SEC StatCat. The scheme is asking Bo to make the most difficult passes (deep and outside the numbers) more often than the easy ones. He's 2nd in the conference in average depth of target at 11.3 yards. The advanced analytics from the receivers is all over the place, too.

There's also this nugget:

Very little carry over from week to week in the passing game it has got to be hard on both the QBs and our inexperienced receivers.

I don't expect us to simplify on offense or defense tho bc it's not what Harsin is trying to build. It's not his style, and that's another reason why I'd lean to Bo.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can I cast a write in?

mZx53E.gif

I can't fathom how anyone could defend a football coach who trotted this play out in a major college football game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

I can't fathom how anyone could defend a football coach who trotted this play out in a major college football game. 

They'll never see it coming!

2 hours ago, e808 said:

Another thing that worries me about TJ he was on the other side last year in a road game and Auburn had their way with him . Now the roles are reversed and he is with the road team again. I know what he did last week in relief but still haven’t forgotten how he looked against Auburn last year. 

I can appreciate your hesitation, but if you compare bad games by each QB, Bo would not look good at all. 

5 hours ago, AUreo said:

If TJ struggles and Bo replaces TJ during the game and struggles then you would have two broken QBs, though.

I think we will see both QBs during the game but Bo will be the starter.

TJ isn't going to break if he falters Saturday. Bo very well might. 

I think Harsin and Bobo recruited Finley because they saw deficiencies in Bo, and thought Finley would be a better QB in the long run.  But Finley is still in the "short run" phase, and will have to be given time to develop.  I don't think Harsin wants to start that somewhat long journey against Finley's former team at 8:00 on a Saturday night in Death Valley.

So, I think Bo will start, taking pressure off Finley.  I think Bo will falter (as usual in big games on the road), and Finley will come in and play better than Bo.  Then Finley will be QB1 from here on out, and Bo will transfer to UCF at season's end.

And I will not be disappointed.  Bo is a great guy, a great teammate, but just an average QB.  And that's all he'll ever be.  Goodbye Bo at season's end.  IMHO.  Thanks for the good times, which were few.

I know, I know, I know.  Finley has not proven to be better than Bo, yet.  But we need "better than Bo".  And Finley at least give us a chance to be "better than Bo".

Or something like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

Let me start by saying I'm not here to defend Bo's inaccuracies, but if you look deeper there's also a clear pattern in those advanced analytics from SEC StatCat. The scheme is asking Bo to make the most difficult passes (deep and outside the numbers) more often than the easy ones. He's 2nd in the conference in average depth of target at 11.3 yards. The advanced analytics from the receivers is all over the place, too.

There's also this nugget:

Very little carry over from week to week in the passing game it has got to be hard on both the QBs and our inexperienced receivers.

I don't expect us to simplify on offense or defense tho bc it's not what Harsin is trying to build. It's not his style, and that's another reason why I'd lean to Bo.

Nice post. I probably spoke too soon. 

If I am Harsin, I am starting Bo no matter what.  I would have him on a short leash.

Finley's first start for Auburn is gonna be enough pressure for him.  Starting at night at LSU and it being the school you just transferred from.......I m not sure I would wanna put all that pressure on someone, of course I do not know anything about TJ to get a read on how he would handle it.

I also wouldn't mind finding out what Bo is made of.  This is the first time he is really facing a situation like this and who knows how he will respond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Whatever happens, it’s not really about what anyone “deserves “. It’s who coaches think can win. 

I think it depends on what you mean by “deserves”. If it is based on recent play obviously it will be TJ. But it may be in what they both showed this week and only the people around know that. I think they make what they (coaches) think is best to get through this game.