Who Starts at QB this week?

W.E.D

Who Starts at QB this week? (not who you want to start)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Bo Nix or TJ Finley, who takes the 1st snap of the game???

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 12:25 AM

8 hours ago, alexava said:

TJ starts. Bo comes in after 2 interceptions. 

At that point, we'd probably be behind by 2 or 3 scores again at Death Valley.  Crazy voodoo there. I will say LSU plays their best game of the year so far Saturday night.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Yeah, I bet both will play.  That said, I do recall the old saying that if you have two QBs, you don’t have one QB. Oh, well. 

Harsin has had success using two QBs in the past and Mullen seems to be having success with it now. With the said, very likely we only have one QB after this weekend. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Harsin has had success using two QBs in the past and Mullen seems to be having success with it now. With the said, very likely we only have one QB after this weekend. 

Agree 

If Bo starts and sucks again, either he's benched (and the branches from there can be perhaps even worse) and his confidence is crushed or he plays the entire game and the fanbase is beside themselves for the rest of the season. 

Harsin is basically weighing the confidence of his QB over the fans and maybe even the higher-ups.  Don't envy his position. All I can say is the "Legend of Bo Nix" has certainly been one that has been a full length movie 

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can I cast a write in?

mZx53E.gif

This might not be a popular opinion, but I think all QB issues this season can be tied to a concerted lack of twirling to start each play. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Agree 

My concern is either QB will get torched the following game. As pathetic as it may sound, I kind of feel like the UGA game should be thrown out for evaluation of either QB. Sigh. 

21 hours ago, alexava said:

TJ starts. Bo comes in after 2 interceptions. 

I think Bo starts and TJ comes in if/after Bo struggles 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I believe they will no matter who starts.

Agreed

Btw LSU is getting their top corner back as well as some OL, which may explain their poor running efforts. 

They’re gonna do the stupid thing and start Bo and play TJ later. TJ needs to start. We know what we got with Bo and doubly so on the road. TJ is going back home. Though it was a small sample size he handled pressure better than Bo. The team is behind him. We need something different. Bo is cool but I don’t care to see him take another snap.

Edited by WFE12

48 minutes ago, cbo said:

My concern is either QB will get torched the following game. As pathetic as it may sound, I kind of feel like the UGA game should be thrown out for evaluation of either QB. Sigh. 

Ain't that the truth. UGA will be one of those good ole character building weeks. Odds are we build a lot of character. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'll be very surprised if TJ doesn't take the first snap.  Whichever one starts, they will be looking over their shoulder for a while.  The offense will sputter at times no matter who the QB is.

If as some have been saying Bo has a bum shoulder hopefully they could tell during practice this week and Finley will start. I am not as sure that it is bum shoulder as much as bad fundamentals when he has pressure. We will see.

I think that Bo starts and goes on to a successful senior season….at Troy. He has had 2 and 1/3 seasons and has shown little progress in basic fundamentals that should have been there day one. He seems like a good kid and has very good athletic ability but I just don’t think that he has the skill set to be an upper tier SEC quarterback. I have said before and got roasted but he reminds me of another exciting Bo. Unfortunately, that is Bo Wallace from Ole Miss- flashes of great upside with lots of frustratingly poor play. Hope he proves me wrong but I’m not holding out lots of hope 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fredst said:

I think that Bo starts and goes on to a successful senior season….at Troy. He has had 2 and 1/3 seasons and has shown little progress in basic fundamentals that should have been there day one. He seems like a good kid and has very good athletic ability but I just don’t think that he has the skill set to be an upper tier SEC quarterback. I have said before and got roasted but he reminds me of another exciting Bo. Unfortunately, that is Bo Wallace from Ole Miss- flashes of great upside with lots of frustratingly poor play. Hope he proves me wrong but I’m not holding out lots of hope 

I bet he goes to Liberty if he ever leaves. Probably a great place for him too.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If as some have been saying Bo has a bum shoulder hopefully they could tell during practice this week and Finley will start. I am not as sure that it is bum shoulder as much as bad fundamentals when he has pressure. We will see.

Bo playing with a hurt shoulder over a completely healthy Finley should be magnified more than it has been 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Bo playing with a hurt shoulder over a completely healthy Finley should be magnified more than it has been 

I thought so too but in my opinion they should have recognized they were asking him to do more than he could, due to the injury.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:25 PM, bigbird said:

Can I cast a write in?

mZx53E.gif

I can’t believe that game against the eventual national champions came down to the last play. 

I’m sure most everyone remembers that we were playing the prime time game on the biggest opening day in CFB history. Unbelievable. Amazing that we had a logical chance to win that game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

I can’t believe that game against the eventual national champions came down to the last play. 

I’m sure most everyone remembers that we were playing the prime time game on the biggest opening day in CFB history. Unbelievable. Amazing that we had a logical chance to win that game. 

I give Gus props for Muschamp and Steele back to back. Gotta remove props for him doing everything in his power to not let Sean White cook

• Like 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I give Gus props for Muschamp and Steele back to back. Gotta remove props for him doing everything in his power to not let Sean White cook

Oh no doubt. Muschamp built the foundation and Steele built off that. Man I loved those defenses. Offenses were trash, obviously. 

So much wasted talent. 

• Like 4

If Will stayed on as a Buck/edge rusher coordinator, they’re probably a top 10 defense every year under Steele’s tenure 

(or if Will just doesn’t lose his mind and pass up top tier coordinator money to do something he can’t and HC at a dumpster fire program) 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1