Who Starts at QB this week?

W.E.D

Who Starts at QB this week? (not who you want to start)  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Bo Nix or TJ Finley, who takes the 1st snap of the game???

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 12:25 AM

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Did you see any deep throws better than Nix last week?  Serious question???

They were still incomplete but they were closer. He also has taken limited reps with the 1s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah I know. I made thr OP and pretty much stated this in the OP

Oh that's right, you are the OP. I have to admit I lost track, haha.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

FWIW Tebow just said on Finebaum that he’s hearing Bo may get the start but Finley could see playing time as well. 

If Bo gives us our best shot, we will lose by 10.  I really despise Gus Malzahn and his roster management. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

They were still incomplete but they were closer. He also has taken limited reps with the 1s

I don’t care who starts.  I just want to see better play.   It’s just frustrating to see time and time again a wide open receiver running down field and our Quarterback overthrow the receiver 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Oh that's right, you are the OP. I have to admit I lost track, haha.

Ha. I half thought you were being sarcastic 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ha. I half thought you were being sarcastic 

Nah, It really did slip my mind. UGa is all over Ark 37-0 so I just hope whoever starts does well because we really need this game.

37 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Nah, It really did slip my mind. UGa is all over Ark 37-0 so I just hope whoever starts does well because we really need this game.

Agree.

UGA's DL is going to do things to our OL next weekend that should be illegal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Did you see any deep throws better than Nix last week?  Serious question???

Closer on line, threw off left or right except the airmail variety, which gives me more hope. I’m leaving space for him to improve because he came off the bench cold during the midst of a very tense situation. I know what Bo is, esp if he’s hurt 

Really when I say Fin is a better deep thrower, I really mean that just off the ability to throw. Like if you have those two drop back and throw 35-40 yards, one is gonna throw better than the other. Velocity, accuracy, ability to just flick it and put something under it. Just need to pray that converts to the football field 

Disappointing if true but it's what most people expected. Harsin had the balls to fire a coach but not the balls to start a QB that led us to a victory when the other QB couldn't do anything for 3 quarters. I hope I can come back to this post and eat my words but LSU is about to curb stomp us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Really when I say Fin is a better deep thrower, I really mean that just off the ability to throw. Like if you have those two drop back and throw 35-40 yards, one is gonna throw better than the other. Velocity, accuracy, ability to just flick it and put something under it. Just need to pray that converts to the football field 

I get what you are saying.  His ball looks better when he throws, but just because of that doesn’t necessarily make you a better passer.  I wish it did but jeremey Johnson could throw a ball too

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Disappointing if true but it's what most people expected. Harsin had the balls to fire a coach but not the balls to start a QB that led us to a victory when the other QB couldn't do anything for 3 quarters. I hope I can come back to this post and eat my words but LSU is about to curb stomp us.

DB300321-3430-41A7-AC42-23A1191FEA32.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’m told Bo Nix will start for Auburn today at LSU … but T.J. Finley is also expected to play. Unless Bo comes out on fire, Finley should get some work early on. Sounds like Harsin will just go with whoever’s producing for the offense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I’m told Bo Nix will start for Auburn today at LSU … but T.J. Finley is also expected to play. Unless Bo comes out on fire, Finley should get some work early on. Sounds like Harsin will just go with whoever’s producing for the offense

Is this gonna be shades of the Clemson game with the revolving QB door?

Guest MustardSeed

Not defending one way or the other b/c I don’t care who plays as long as they are the best option and I pray Harsin knows that better than any message board posters…

but the first couple games Bo did throw some very nice deeper pass if I remember correctly. I do believe his shoulder got banged up at PSU and he hasn’t been the same since. If he start I’m gonna trust that Harsin has a clue what he’s doing. 
also starting Finley in this scenario could actually destroy his future confidence if it goes bad and he has to be pulled. 
It doesn’t have to a black a white decision (either qb x starts or we all lose faith in a first year coach…)

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm ok with this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I wish there was an indifferent emoji. Just want to win . Don’t care who the captain is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Is this gonna be shades of the Clemson game with the revolving QB door?

Please no!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I get what you are saying.  His ball looks better when he throws, but just because of that doesn’t necessarily make you a better passer.  I wish it did but jeremey Johnson could throw a ball too

Yeah but the thing is Finley also looks like a better passer. Maybe in the worst of conditions Bo looks better, but even last week refuted that. And Finley seems more comfortable reading the field. If it’s a one read quick hitter offense, I’d take Bo definitely 

11 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Well?

Maybe Bo learned a ton after getting benched?

Been saying since Bo got here, he needed real competition. Gus wouldn’t allow any. Bo has talent he just has to get off his butt and get to work. He hasn’t been a bring your lunchbox player. I think TJ has great ability just needs a little polish. Not bad having two QBs really competing . 🤔🦅