2022 4* Guard/Wing Chance Westry Commits to Auburn

ellitor

1 hour ago, AUlurker said:

who else is involved in his recruitment?

Supposedly Florida but CW is planning to OV AU the same weekend he plans to commit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Supposedly Florida but CW is planning to OV AU the same weekend he plans to commit.

Which weekend is that?

You just Google his name, guy seems to have extensive background as a point guard, has most recently been a 2, and has to frame to grow into a real 3. Without knowing of any film break downs or comparisons, I can already wager that BP is thinking Flanagan lite with this fella. If he can be a multi year guy, he should be succeeding Cambridge as the starting SF 2 seasons from now, along an upperclassman Wendell, KD, and (rather unlikely) Kessler. Great situation to ease the guy into!

• Like 1

We need to have a big game against Ole Mississippi in football that weekend. Should be a great atmosphere.

• 4 weeks later...

It's Auburn!!! (I was getting nervous with LSU and Syracuse hats lying around).

Since he is originally from PA, could this help landing Jarace Walker (another PA native)? Not sure if they know each other.

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

4-star forward Chance Westry commits to Auburn

https://www.theplainsman.com/article/2021/10/4-star-forward-chance-westry-commits-to-auburn

Auburn basketball is already making waves for next season as it landed the commitment of 4-star small forward Chance Westry on Sunday.

He announced the decision live on his local news.

Westry, a Pennsylvania native and member of the 2022 class, chose the Tigers over LSU, Nebraska, Arizona State, a reported million-dollar offer from Australia's National Basketball League and a six-figure deal from Overtime Elite. 

For once, Auburn won the battle against the million-dollar offers that have swayed other top Auburn target in the past. A possible derivative of the new NIL laws in college sports.

Westry averaged 23.8 points per game in his sophomore year at Trinity High School. He made the move to Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix for his senior season where he will commence play tomorrow night for the first game of the season.

• Love 1

Top 40 senior Chance Westry picks Auburn

ByERIC BOSSI 25 minutes ago

Auburn 5-Star Freshman Eager to Start Basketball Season

Bruce Pearl and the Auburn Tigers landed their second commitment from the class of 2022 on Sunday night when four-star Chance Westry announced his commitment after taking a second official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

A 6-foot-6 small forward who just transferred to AZ Compass Prep in the Phoenix area from Phoenix (Ariz.) Hillcrest after playing his junior season at Chatsworth (Calif.) Sierra Canyon, Westry is ranked No. 39 overall by 247Sports and checks in at No. 31 in the industry generated Composite ranking.

What has made Westry such a highly ranked player and how good of a fit can he be at Auburn?

What stands out most about Westry is his versatility. He's a Swiss Army Knife of sorts on the perimeter who does a variety of things. When he's at his best, Westry is attacking off the dribble from the wing and making plays at the rim. Rather than dance with the ball and waste dribbles, Westry makes quick and decisive drives and he does so with his head up allowing him to survey the court at all times. If he can't get to the rim he's an alert passer who is happy to share with his teammates and he passes it well enough that he can play stretches as a point wing of sorts and he's an outstanding option as a secondary ball handler.

A fine athlete, Westry is a slick finisher in transition who also uses his quickness and length be a dangerous defender. He moves his feet, anticipates well and loves to pressure the ball. Westry does need to continue to add bulk in the weight room and he's got to improve his three point shooting, but it is just a matter of reps and his jumper isn't by any means broken.

Looking ahead to when he makes his way to campus, Westry is just the kind of long and versatile athlete that Pearl has proven he can get a lot out of. He'll be able to be moved all over the perimeter and based on what he's showed playing against high level high school competition and during the summers with his grassroots team the New York Rens in Nike's EYBL.

The second member of Auburn's 2022 recruiting class, Westry joins four-star point guard Tre Donaldson as an early pledge. Historically, Westry is the fourth highest ranked player in the Composite rankings to commit to Pearl and the Tigers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

mod edit:  Not appropriate here

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRIKE UP THE FREAKING BAND AND ROLL TOOMERS!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO FREAKING HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEEDED THIS!!! WE NEEDED THIS!!!! INJECT THIS ISH IN MY VEINS BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!

kermit-druggie.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

@Zeek where you at fam?!?!? @AUwent wanted some stud big boy crutin WELL HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSIIIIRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! HOW YA LIKE THEM APPLES?!?!?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRIKE UP THE FREAKING BAND AND ROLL TOOMERS!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO FREAKING HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEEDED THIS!!! WE NEEDED THIS!!!! INJECT THIS ISH IN MY VEINS BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!

kermit-druggie.gif

This is so wrong and so funny at the same time

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LPTiger said:

If CW was in JHS last night and saw all the AU love for Cardwell and Cardwell's love for AU, he is announcing AU!!

Players across multiple sports and the fans (ofc) gave a ton of praise for that crowd last night. There was similar sentiment for the UGA game a while back...I dunno who we have coming in for the Alabama game, but I imagine some dominos can fall there!!

Great news!!!  So Donaldson, Westry, and possibly Walker.  That would be the 1,3,4 positions.  How many spots are we looking to fill for 2022?

High probability of losing after this season?  Smith, Kessler, Flanagan. Who else?

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2022 4* Wing Chance Westry Commits to Auburn
  • augolf1716 pinned this topic

Huge pickup This young man will be a great player at SF who could also help some at SG With Donaldson coming in as PG and at least one of the current PG's returning. We are starting to look like a team that reloads as opposed to rebuild every year. We need somebody like Jarace to complete the reload process. We could lose our top 3 Players next year Flanagan, Kessler, Smith and if we get one more top notch player at PF there will be minimal drop-off. I am a Cardwell fan who think we will see a much improved Cardwell because of practicing against Smith and Kessler who will be ready to take over a starting role at Center next year.  With other returning players like Williams, Moore, Cardwell.  Freshman can be impact players but it really helps to have veterans around them which we will have next year.