2022 4* Guard/Wing Chance Westry Commits to Auburn

ellitor

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STRIKE UP THE FREAKING BAND AND ROLL TOOMERS!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO FREAKING HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEEDED THIS!!! WE NEEDED THIS!!!! INJECT THIS ISH IN MY VEINS BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!

kermit-druggie.gif

That ain’t right!,,

Dont beshowing that side of Kermit!

• Haha 1

Dude has a really functional dribble. Gets to his spots, but part of that could be the frame advantage he seems to have on his matchup pretty often. Due to the slightness of his build, he also has developed a hell of a contortion ability when it comes to layups. All the analysts have said it, but if he can take that next step dribbling, dude should be a really great lead decision maker for a team 

I can definitely see why BP felt comfortable letting Cruz walk for this kid

On 10/31/2021 at 5:18 PM, CameronCrazy said:

Did Kamari Lands visit with him this weekend as originally planned?

@CameronCrazy Not sure but AU wouldn't take him anyway. If we don't get Jarace the plan is to go to the portal for bigs.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:46 AM, roe4christ said:

How many spots are we looking to fill for 2022?

@roe4christ Right now up to 3. Will adjust later through the transfer portal if players move on.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:46 AM, roe4christ said:

High probability of losing after this season?  Smith, Kessler, Flanagan. Who else?

Just Smith & Flan. Kess is a lean to stay another year. Has some work to do to improve his draft stock. As for others, no clue til after the season.

23 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This young man will be a great player at SF

@AuburnNTexas We are actually recruiting him to play SG. If Flan turns pro as expected we will go to the portal to fill his spot.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@CameronCrazy Not sure but AU wouldn't take him anyway. If we don't get Jarace the plan is to go to the portal for bigs.

Any other HS recruits on the radar, or are we done at this point?

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@roe4christ Right now up to 3. Will adjust later through the transfer portal if players move on.

Just Smith & Flan. Kess is a lean to stay another year. Has some work to do to improve his draft stock. As for others, no clue til after the season.

Zep can play one more due to COVID, correct?

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Any other HS recruits on the radar, or are we done at this point?

Supposedly done

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Zep can play one more due to COVID, correct?

After this season Correct but no guarantee he will take it as it will be his 6th year of college.

• 2 weeks later...
  • augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

IMO Chance should be a 5-star… no idea why the recruiting services decided to re-rate him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AUreo said:

IMO Chance should be a 5-star… no idea why the recruiting services decided to re-rate him.

When it’s some finicky, oh we saw one AAU circuit where he looked like less of a 5 star than the other 5 stars so we’re gonna plummet his grade, I don’t even give that half a thought 

Hes pretty much been the pinnacle of 4 star, low 5 star his last year, so I’m going to call him a 5 star. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, toddc said:

A little off topic, but he gets a pass from Hansel Emmanuel late in the video - highly recommend reading about him, great story. Lost an arm after a wall fell on him as a child. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dunndone414 said:

A little off topic, but he gets a pass from Hansel Emmanuel late in the video - highly recommend reading about him, great story. Lost an arm after a wall fell on him as a child. 

I was shocked that those two were on my screen at the same time. Like I didn’t know they had any relationship. I always wonder why defenders don’t play his good side, but even when they’re trying to, he finds a way to get them on his hip or step back and create space. Really inspirational story 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, toddc said:

I knew he had a good handle but that was sick.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:01 PM, AUreo said:

@AUreowhat site re-rated him? I seem to remember him being in the 30s in all the sites which is where he’s at now.

52 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUreowhat site re-rated him? I seem to remember him being in the 30s in all the sites which is where he’s at now.

Not sure about rivals and 247 but I found this On3 article:

5-star guard Chance Westry commits to Auburn

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/5-star-guard-chance-westry-commits-to-auburn/

Edited by AUreo
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 6:21 AM, toddc said:

This video should be pinned on this thread.

I'm super excited about Traore and Broome, but they obviously have huge shoes to fill (pun intended). I feel like Westry has the chance to elevate our team in a similar way as Okoro, but in more of a Samir or Canty style. I'm not sure we've had anyone like Chance since......hmmm...I'm struggling to think of someone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

I'm super excited about Traore and Broome, but they obviously have huge shoes to fill (pun intended). I feel like Westry has the chance to elevate our team in a similar way as Okoro, but in more of a Samir or Canty style. I'm not sure we've had anyone like Chance since......hmmm...I'm struggling to think of someone.  

The more I find and watch snippets of Westry the more excited I get. He could be the missing piece as a big guard especially as a PG.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

There's a good reason you're struggling to think of someone...lol...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The more I find and watch snippets of Westry the more excited I get. He could be the missing piece as a big guard especially as a PG.

That's been the going thought since early/mid February.