Where were you.....

Tigerpro2a

So another poster in a different thread gave me an idea. He said he was single the last time AU won in BR and now is married and has kids. Where were you the last time AU won in BR? 

It was my 14th birthday. I had just played in our homecoming game that Thursday before and got knocked out with a concussion. I had a collision with another player on my team and knocked me plum silly. I went back in and then went to the dance afterwards. It wasn't until that night I started feeling really bad. So That weekend I was barely able to watch the game let alone really enjoy it because I had a concussion. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

September 18, 1999 Baton Rouge, LA #24 Auburn 41 LSU 7

I was 34 years old and my oldest daughter was 3 months old. She is now a Registered Nurse. Wow...it is time for this to end.

Beat LSU!!!

• Like 2

I remember several AU fans yelling "Watch Your Purse" to my wife as we walked around campus before the game. 

Great win and had a great trip back home

LSU PURSE SNATCHING
Louisiana Lightning

Sticky fingers and fast feet made LSU senior flanker and
co-captain Larry Foster a football star. Now those qualities
might land him in jail. Foster was arrested last week for purse
snatching after four other LSU students chased him into a
bathroom.

According to university cops, Foster swiped a purse from a
female student at about 10:30 a.m. on Sept. 13 as she sat on the
steps of Hines Hall on the campus's main quadrangle. Two
bystanders pursued him about half a mile to the Music & Dramatic
Arts Building, where two more students joined the chase. Foster
ducked into a men's room. When he emerged and the posse
confronted him, Foster identified himself, showing his driver's
license to one of the students, and walked away.

One witness found the purse--minus about $20--in the bathroom.
University police charged Foster with felony purse snatching,
which in Louisiana carries a mandatory minimum jail sentence of
two years. He did not play in last Saturday's 41-7 loss to Auburn

Edited by AUTime

September 1999.....

I was 25, about to finish up at AU.  

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't offer myself any life advice.  I'd probably just shake my own hand.  Maybe even salute.  I was living the dream...partying every night...runnin' hos...hanging out with my friends...I could eat whatever I wanted and run it off the next day.

I had been hanging out with a new girl I met in Birmingham over the summer.....she's sitting next to me on the sofa right now.  Still a dime.

WDE!

• Like 2

I was 12 but I remember it well. Duval taking the over the shoulder fake FG into the endzone, Ronney Daniels going off including that crazt play where he had springs in his ass to get up and recover his own fumble for a TD, and all those INTs from LSU. 

I remember the '97 game well too. Taped that one on VCR for my dad bc he worked night shift at the time. That was a helluva game.

Edited by ValleyTiger

I was on the 2nd date with the girl that became my wife. Watched the game at some beer joint and went out partying afterwards. No wonder she has been with me for so long 😄

Watched it at a party at Stonegate on Wire Road across from the vet school.  I remember absinthe soaked watermelon and a great game.

16 and a Junior in HS. I do not remember much about the game but that is hardly surprising. I was a completely different person back then.  Since that time I've graduated HS, gone to AU, graduated AU, got married, had 2 kids, 2 jobs, 2 houses, and just celebrated my 10 year anniversary.

Was a senior in high school “hanging out” with my girlfriend.  I saw the parts that mattered.  

• Haha 1

i was in the 9th grade   so  14-15 years old.    cant say i remember the game but im sure i was watching it with my family as they are all auburn grads. 

Hearing jim fyffe on the radio doing the play by play with the TV muted was standard in our household. 

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Was a senior in high school “hanging out” with my girlfriend.  I saw the parts that mattered.  

Of the game or the girl?

• Haha 4

I was 19, first year at Auburn. Honestly didn't care much about the football team at the time. I was too interested in enjoying being out of my parents house and partying every night. I remember the game happening vaguely... for multiple reasons! It would be my second year at AU, when I was able to get student tickets and witness a game from the student section for the first time, that my fandom really cemented itself. Married and have two sons, 10 and almost 8 yr. old, now. Oh the things that have happened over the last 22ish years!

My oldest son was 4 months old.  He's 22 and just graduated from AU this past May (3rd generation AU grad) and is pursuing a graduate degree at Colorado State University.  I'd say this has gone on long enough.  Time to end the streak.  WDE!

• Like 2