Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

he was., go read the game thread!!!

Doesn't matter what Cole was doing in the other game thread unless he was cursing other posters, which I have a feeling I don't even need to go read to know that he probably wasn't. Cole isn't in here cursing another poster.

Say what you will about Cole and other people's differing opinions, we are all auburn fans here and, more importantly were are all grown adults.  Grow up. Its not okay to curse another poster because y'all have arguments over differing opinions.  And I know it wasn't you doing the cursing.

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

You come on here after a great win, expecting to read a fun thread. You see several people attacking @cole256 when he said nothing at all here.

It gets worse when you see @AU-24 with a clearly racist post.

@augolf1716 @bigbird I like and respect you guys. Do the right thing and take care of this. Doing nothing might be sustainable now, but it won’t be in 5 or 10 years.

concurred

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Doesn't matter what Cole was doing in the other game thread unless he was cursing other posters, which I have a feeling I don't even need to go read to know that he probably wasn't. Cole isn't in here cursing another poster.

Say what you will about Cole and other people's differing opinions, we are all auburn fans here and, more importantly were are all grown adults.  Grow up. Its not okay to curse another poster because y'all have arguments over differing opinions.  And I know it wasn't you doing the cursing.

yeah i'm not cursing at another poster. thanks for acknowledging that. There's lots of people that need to grow up on here so starts with cole. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

Not a bad win for a coach who is weak and has no backbone 😂.

To the downvoter, this was a jab at Tony Franklin.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bootskii said:

I don't think Gus played to lose but he made a looooot of questionable calls and made some very odd decisions. One can look at the UCF vs. Navy game tonight and see it. Not Gus bashing he just made me scratch my head sometimes and throw things at the tv.

Hence the comparison.....there have been some bone-headed decisions by this coaching staff as well. Gus does not own that distinction all by himself. 

At some point Harsin gets to be responsible for his own screw-ups. For me that started Labor Day weekend. He should be held to the same standard as Gus. They are starting out in the same spot so we will see what happens with this inexperienced head coach and hope it works out a little better. 

• Haha 1

This game showed the Bo Nix game plan I thought we would see the last few years. This is the Bo Nix I have been waiting to see- not perfect but able to use his feet to keep the other team guessing. 
Proud of the defense in the second half. 
Proud of the coaching staff. 
war eagle!!

• Like 1

First back to back wins over LSU in 20 years! Break out the Montecristos!

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

To the downvoter, this was a jab at Tony Franklin.

Didn't catch it, I see that now. my bad.

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Hence the comparison.....there have been some bone-headed decisions by this coaching staff as well. Gus does not own that distinction all by himself. 

At some point Harsin gets to be responsible for his own screw-ups. For me that started Labor Day weekend. He should be held to the same standard as Gus. They are starting out in the same spot so we will see what happens with this inexperienced head coach and hope it works out a little better. 

Did you just say inexperienced head coach? I'm sorry but that just isn't true and the fact that you just stated that seriously undermines your credibility.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Bryan Harsin is in his 9th season as a HC. 80-25 career record.

Stop embarrassing yourself and go to sleep.

P.S. Gus just lost to a Navy team that was 0-3 entering the game LOLOLOL.

Boise State experience is not the same as having SEC coaching experience. You can pretend it is all you want but that still doesn't make it true. He had the same job as Gus at Arkansas State.....not exactly a powerhouse either. Harsin has a lot to learn and you're embarrassing yourself by acting like Boise State played in a league anything like the SEC. 

Whether Gus won or lost a game today has nothing to do with his inexperience as a head coach in the SEC when he was hired as Auburn's coach. 

Gloating about it just makes you mean and petty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

I want to congratulate coach Harsin for a giant first sec win! I have backed him way back in the summer for all the vaccine negative news he was getting.  He deserved this one.

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

Did you just say inexperienced head coach? I'm sorry but that just isn't true and the fact that you just stated that seriously undermines your credibility.

Context is your friend......I said SEC EXPERIENCE. Boise State is a nice place but it's a little gimmicky with the blue field and matching uniforms. And he did not face the same level of competition. He IS inexperienced in the SEC and I said that numerous times. It's a fact not an opinion. 

It's funny that when Boise State wanted to play for a national championship lots of Auburn fans said that Boise State does not play at the same level and the Mountain West is a weak conference....yada yada yada. Now that we have a coach from there all of a sudden it's a powerhouse. Funny how that happens....

It's a fact that Harsin has to learn some things at this level of coaching and he has to adjust to the SEC. That isn't a personal opinion either. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Context is your friend......I said SEC EXPERIENCE. Boise State is a nice place but it's a little gimmicky with the blue field and matching uniforms. And he did not face the same level of competition. He IS inexperienced in the SEC and I said that numerous times. It's a fact not an opinion. 

It's funny that when Boise State wanted to play for a national championship lots of Auburn fans said that Boise State does not play at the same level and the Mountain West is a weak conference....yada yada yada. Now that we have a coach from there all of a sudden it's a powerhouse. Funny how that happens....

It's a fact that Harsin has to learn some things at this level of coaching and he has to adjust to the SEC. That isn't a personal opinion either. 

just add a qualifier i guess

• Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tough looking at that series history. Should probably be close to a 6 game winning streak with marginally better finishing 

yeah that one that gus sat on the lead was tough but i liked the way we  came back despite being behind even with all the fans complaining. this team didn't give up. it wasn't pretty....... but it was pretty sweet.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I did. You missed it. 

Gus had how much SEC HC experience coming in as a HC? Same as Harsin.

Only difference is Harsin has been a head coach for 5+ yrs when he came to Auburn. Gus had far less than that when he came to Auburn as a HC.  You discredit Harsin too much IMO.

Edited by Didba

8 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Gus has nothing to do with what any of that. 

When a new staff has to scheme away from and hide groups of certain players, it has everything to do with the person that left the team in that shape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Boise State experience is not the same as having SEC coaching experience. You can pretend it is all you want but that still doesn't make it true. He had the same job as Gus at Arkansas State.....not exactly a powerhouse either. Harsin has a lot to learn and you're embarrassing yourself by acting like Boise State played in a league anything like the SEC. 

Whether Gus won or lost a game today has nothing to do with his inexperience as a head coach in the SEC when he was hired as Auburn's coach. 

Gloating about it just makes you mean and petty. 

This is ridiculous.  Did the rules of a 60 minute football game magically change fron Harsin's time at Boise to this year?

HC experience is HC experience.  In a blind resume test, he's the most qualified guy we've hired in over two decades.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

I mean of course he's always learning. Heck, every coach always needs to learn more and more. Harsin just did in his first try what Gus couldn't do in 8 years. I'm not saying this guys the best coach in the country, but why are we debating this tonight after such a great victory? Harsin was too conservative at Penn State imo. Tonight he was complete opposite, arguably even too aggressive at times. At the very least, seems like a coach that makes adjustments to me

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Gutsy win and a heck of a comeback. Harsin has already did what Gus couldn't do... In first year and that's win in Baton Rouge. At night. Still a long way to go but glad that streak is smoked!! Time to light up. WDE!! 🦅

Nor any other coach over the past 21 years!

48 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is ridiculous.  Did the rules of a 60 minute football game magically change fron Harsin's time at Boise to this year?

HC experience is HC experience.  In a blind resume test, he's the most qualified guy we've hired in over two decades.

THANK YOU. this so much.

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When a new staff has to scheme away from and hide certain players, it has everything to do with the person that left the team in that shape.

This is what I have been getting at.

• Thanks 1