Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

We are pretty evenly matched with this LSU team. The environment at Tiger Stadium gave them the edge, no doubt. To gut out a win like that, is something to build on, and not an easy accomplishment. Hats off to Bo. He was a baller tonight.

Hopefully the recruits saw that

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I'm enjoying this one this week because next week will probably get ugly but we won tonight and ended the streak 😎 WDE 

On the bright side we are prepared ahead of time so it won’t be so disheartening (hopefully 😂)

No need ruining tonight talking about next week.  We can worry about that tomorrow.  Tonight we celebrate!

• Like 4

War Damn Eagle! I was so glad not to hear Boutte name called much at all in 2nd half! Bobo needs to figure out his play calling and quick! Having Shivers back is huge and using all three RBs during the game is vital moving forward.  Look for to my second game at JHS next Saturday and assume will be 230pm kick off.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Sure. But it’s less than halfway thru the first season of a new staff, many of whom have never worked together before. We saw growth this week. We can appreciate that and celebrate it. We don’t have to be perfect right now. Just take steps forward regularly. Today was one of those days. 

We all need faith the size Mustardseed's. Move that mountain. 

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

@cole256does his share of goading…he’s no saint.

Read THIS thread. Who cares who is saint? Only one person is being an ass on this thread and it isn't cole.

• Like 3

We make good adjustments at the half but we need to go in with a better game plan.

-We have 3 stud RBs that Id take to battle everyday. 

-DL played better tonight

-We cant miss field goals like that

-Bo played the game of his life. 

WDE

• Like 1

AUsome comeback win!!! Bo balled out and the D# had some key stops and kept the game close enough by not giving up TD's and hats off to Harsin for being aggressive!!! 

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I was cussing his azz in the 1st half, tho…

Yeah me too. That first Quarter pass defense looked like a madden 22 game.

• Like 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Auburn 23 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread
1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

I'm happy. LSU lined up and said you aren't beating us with the run. Bo stepped up and beat them. Lots of short passes to the backs and tight ends.  That was fun. And kudos to the Defense in the 2nd half. It was nice. Thinking of lighting up a cigar, and I don't smoke.

This needed to happen to show everyone we CAN beat you without a running game.  I think we tried to work on that last week but Bo needed a wake up call.  

I will say the 2 best designed plays were running plays.  Actually the same play run twice for probably 2/3 the rushing yardage.  I love that toss fake reverse and with Hunter.  Beautifully executed on the toss both times and blocked better on the 2nd time. 

• RunInRed changed the title to Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

1) Bo played great.  There is no qb competition lol.  And he looks like our starter for a long time going forward.

2) The secondary started playing a *lot* better in the second half.  Some of it is that Max Johnson is not a good qb and played a really 

poor second half.  But a lot of that was we just played so much better.

Those things were really the story of the game. First Bo, and then the improved secondary play along with Max Johnson not being very good.

Couldn't be happier now.  Next week is not a winnable game, even at home imo, which means all pressure is off.  UGA looks like a truly great team, so *anything* we do against them will be seen as a positive.  I think 4/5 opponents this year haven't even mustered an offensive td, so if Bo can put just 1-2 tds on the board(hell even in garbage time) and we lose by less than 25 I'll take it as a positive....

WDE

I admit I have been highly critical of this team, especially for most of the first half. But maybe, just maybe this team got memo they needed. That's because next week some mean ass dogs are coming to Jordan-Hare and it will take a Herculean effort for Auburn to win. Offense, defense and for the most part, Special Teams, I say it's great to be an Auburn Tiger. :wareagle:

26 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Last time we won in Death Valley:

Brady was at Michigan

Rock and Stone Cold was feuding

Mike Price was the coach at Alabama

…..

Hope coach O don’t get fired 

Mike Price did not coach a down at Alabama... jussayin

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Read THIS thread. Who cares who is saint? Only one person is being an ass on this thread and it isn't cole.

Ok on this thread. But he's was acting childish and trolling all night. You shouldn't defend him.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

jeeez man, can we get a mod in here

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Ok on this thread. But he's was acting childish and trolling all night. You shouldn't defend him.

There is a big difference inn acting childish/trolling and making posts like PowerOfDixieland is making. Maybe we should just celebrate the best win we have had since the Iron Bowl a couple of years ago. War Eagle to you!!!

Holy s*** we finally did it. How Auburn is it to end a streak after firing a coach and benching a quarterback the week before?

All the years going into Baton Rouge that I felt confident this wasn't one of them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Grumps said:

They have a history that goes beyond this thread, no? 

• Like 1