Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

33 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Sorry to break it to ya, but the line is what it is.  Gonna have to game plan and call plays that puts our best players in position to succeed 

there is no reason for this line to be worse this year than it was last year. and yet, it is. i'm not expecting great line play but they have to be better than what we have seen

There are a number of players who deserve a game ball and Worm is one of them. He made some critical  plays!  We don’t win without his effort.  Good job, buddy. 

Edited by Mike4AU
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

There is a big difference inn acting childish/trolling and making posts like PowerOfDixieland is making. Maybe we should just celebrate the best win we have had since the Iron Bowl a couple of years ago. War Eagle to you!!!

I agree. But it goes both ways. There is fans on here hoping we'll lose. It's pretty pathetic

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

LSU v Auburn has had way too many crazy endings to feel comfortable after we scored.  I was just ready to feel dead inside.  

I was legit thinking we were about to lose 25-24 on a last play TD

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
12 minutes ago, gr82be said:

We all need faith the size Mustardseed's. Move that mountain. 

Amen!  Also throwing the past into a sea called forgetfulness!

30 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Youre a piece of s***. Go **** yourself. 

Did he steal your girl? 
Calm down, dude

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There is a lot to like about this win. Bo played the game of his life when we were backed up in 3rd quarter he used his legs to get the 1st down. We used Shivers really well getting him the ball in space. In 1st half we used Shenker a lot, LSU must have made some adjustments as he wasn't seen much in second half and we also didn't give up on the run game so we eventually got the big run play. Defense only gave up two field goals in second half and both were on short fields one after the onside kick and one on the blocked field goal.  

I love the win but we still have issues O-line pass protection was not great only Bo's legs and elusiveness allowed some of our plays. WR's didn't get much separation but did a  better job of helping Bo when he got in trouble.  DB's were bad in 1st half and the D was giving to big of a cushion but this week we finally adjusted and I saw a huge improvement by the DB's in second half. The D-line got pressure with 3 and 4 man rushes and still stopped the run. There were multiple plays where LSU O-line could have been called for holding.  There were multiple passes touched by the D and one almost was a turnover but their QB did a great job of spiking it. 

Bottom line is Bo won this game for us.   

In the 1st quarter to many people were calling for Harsin's head basically because of how bad the D was on the first drive and a couple of dumb plays by individual players.  What they didn't notice is even though we didn't score in 1st quarter we had some decent drives and picked up some yardage. The people bad mouthing the coaching staff did not seem to notice what the O was doing, utilizing TE's and RB's in passing game, moving Bo in the pocket to help the O-line, spreading the ball around to different receivers, The OC called a good game as he recognized that LSU was determined to stop the run game.

Everybody noticed. And Bobo is not a novice. He should have known last week that LSU would try to stop the run.The passing game has been less than stellar so that wasn't a big mystery really.  Auburn cannot continue to come out and play like a middle school team for 2 quarters and expect to win again. No one is going to let Bo run loose in the same way after tonight. What worked tonight was lightening in a Bo Nix bottle. It's not a valid game plan for UGA for sure. They will curb stomp our O-line and Bo will be running for his life. 

Auburn has to come out and play like an SEC caliber team from the very first quarter until the bitter end. Flailing around like fish out of water and poor coaching decisions will cost us against better teams like it did against Penn State. 

Nothing has really changed except that Bo Nix has earned respect from people who dissed him for 3 years. The coaches have a lot of work to do before they get a pass....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I agree. But it goes both ways. There is fans on here hoping we'll lose. It's pretty pathetic

I would say there are those who are suspiciously selective in WHO they hope fails..

29 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

What a difference a play makes. 
Bo’s miraculous 4th down TD

Before he made that most on here wanted Harsin fired or Bono fired etc

If he didn’t make it we probably still lose and that becomes the consensus

But he made it

And here we are with hope again. 
Bo Nix just saved the season and maybe the fan base as well. 
Thanks Bo. I knew you had it in you, wasn’t sure it would ever come out. 

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Sad, sad, sad. 

I'm telling you man. Pod has been following me two years mind you. Don't hardly ever say anything to him, then you have another guy saying I'm trolling because he said he saw the wr's play that turned out to be untrue. Then another guy who of course made it me and so and so should go to a girl board. I NEVER say anything to him. He's the only person I have blocked

Neither has ANYTHING to do with tonight's game or Bo if you wanted to talk about that. I just want people to see this stuff though

• Like 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I thought gameplans were pretty bad, adjustment were great. Bo played a hell of game in response to last week. WDE 

Auburn needs a new radio guy so badly. How can you make such an amazing play sound so f ucking boring?

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUGunsmith said:

Auburn needs a new radio guy so badly. How can you make such an amazing play sound so f ucking boring?

Not a fan of Andy honestly, Rod was gone way too soon. And I don't mean that in any way to disrespect Andy, but it's not the same

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I paid.  you???????

The irony and hypocrisy of your bio saying "A Man With Whom Honor is Sacred and Virtue Safe" while being a complete *ss in this thread is not lost on me.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guys, guess what we get for this gutsy amazing win?!!! 

Georgia…

image.gif.620e501749d3026e5c354d2ccc93e01d.gif

Dis da part I hate. Having them right after this. It's gonna be tough as hell. But this absolutely can be a confidence builder. Let's hope everyone is healthy and we can build. 

So I'm sure this will be adjusting and changing as weeks go but I know think we may beat arky and ole miss now. As long as we keep the ground game going and we don't try to just pass every play

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not a fan of Andy honestly, Rod was gone way too soon. And I don't mean that in any way to disrespect Andy, but it's not the same

Has nothing to do with respect, Andy is just ass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I would say there are those who are suspiciously selective in WHO they hope fails..

that's true. 

we should just want to win.

• Like 2