Auburn 24 LSU 19 | Post Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not a fan of Andy honestly, Rod was gone way too soon. And I don't mean that in any way to disrespect Andy, but it's not the same

I hear you. But I think we need to give Andy a little more time to find his way, as the voice of Auburn sports.  If not I'm, sure a change will be made.

Just now, Never2Yield said:

I hear you. But I think we need to give Andy a little more time to find his way, as the voice of Auburn sports.  If not I'm, sure a change will be made.

Not disagreeing but he just does not have the AU voice that gets you hyped up like Jim or Rod.

• Like 1

All I'm going to say is Shivers is freaking clutch. That beautiful little bowling ball is really the unsung hero of this team. 

Personally not a fan of the whole scramble for your life and throwing it but I'll take it. Especially against one of our most hated rivals and in BR. I'm proud of Bo for showing true grit tonight and showing that competitive spirt. WAR EAGLE!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm telling you man. Pod has been following me two years mind you. Don't hardly ever say anything to him, then you have another guy saying I'm trolling because he said he saw the wr's play that turned out to be untrue. Then another guy who of course made it me and so and so should go to a girl board. I NEVER say anything to him. He's the only person I have blocked

Neither has ANYTHING to do with tonight's game or Bo if you wanted to talk about that. I just want people to see this stuff though

@cole256blocked me? Lol… I wonder if it’s because he knows I have him figured out? 

Anyhow, I’m just glad our team pulled it out and got the monkey off their back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, gr82be said:

They have their moments for sure but at least we're better off than we were. I do not think we win if Gus was the coach. At least this staff is looking for ways to win instead playing not to lose. 

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Gus usually made one or two bone headed play calls in every game. So far this coaching staff has done the same. Poor coaching cost Auburn the win against Penn State and almost did the same tonight. 

Saying Gus played to lose is just inaccurate. But he is long gone and really isn't relevant to the way Harsin and Co. have mismanaged games this season. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not disagreeing but he just does not have the AU voice that gets you hyped up like Jim or Rod.

He also cannot fluently call the action in a way that you can ‘see’ the game. He’s all over the place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:
5 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Auburn needs a new radio guy so badly. How can you make such an amazing play sound so f ucking boring?

If you’re talking about the scrambles, he’ll have to practice. It must be like trying to describe in real time a speeding car flipping, then landing on its wheels with nobody injured and not chip in the paint. Jaw on floor and, “uhhhhhhh.”

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Your right. Either he will develop that captivating personality, or he won't. But I don't expect the broadcast to remain, uninspiring for long.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Saying Gus played to lose is just inaccurate. But he is long gone and really isn't relevant to the way Harsin and Co. have mismanaged games this season.

I said Gus played not to lose. It cost us at LSU twice. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Gus usually made one or two bone headed play calls in every game. So far this coaching staff has done the same. Poor coaching cost Auburn the win against Penn State and almost did the same tonight. 

You mean they’re the same except that one coach had 8 years to the other coach’s 5 games to get it right? Gotcha. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was driving home during the first half. When LSU scored their first TD, he didn't mention it for several moments. He was describing the catch, and didn't mention that it was a TD. He is awful. Sorry. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Never2Yield said:

Your right. Either he will develop that captivating personality, or he won't. But I don't expect the broadcast to remain, uninspiring for long.

I'll take Andy any day over announcers like Eli Gold. Everytime I hear that guys voice on the radio I wish I were deaf.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, bootskii said:

All I'm going to say is Shivers is freaking clutch. That beautiful little bowling ball is really the unsung hero of this team. 

Personally not a fan of the whole scramble for your life and throwing it but I'll take it. Especially against one of our most hated rivals and in BR. I'm proud of Bo for showing true grit tonight and showing that competitive spirt. WAR EAGLE!

YES!! Shivers is one tough kid and he is so valuable to the team. He just has that way of being hell bent to succeed at the time Auburn needs him the most. It's uncanny....

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, bootskii said:

Agreed on the scrambling, but with a team lacking confidence, not sure if their new coach has what it takes and many things changing over the last 9 months (many of which they likely didn’t enjoy based on reports of how different the mindset was this off-season compared to the last staff) it may have just needed to happen to get this team to come together and start believing.  Culture changes require overcoming difficult challenges and it’s often not until you’ve overcome some of those challenges that you can start seeing the path ahead and begin to trust the path is leading where you want to go. 
The 4th down desperation plays are never ideal, but I believe it’s exactly what this team needed to move forward. Just check out that locker room after the game. Some chains were broken tonight 

2 minutes ago, bootskii said:

I'll take Andy any day over announcers like Eli Gold. Everytime I hear that guys voice on the radio I wish I were deaf.

Say what you want, Eli is gold.

1 minute ago, bootskii said:

Well…yeah, but that doesn’t mean Auburn should settle for Andy. It’s almost like letting the band director be the color analyst. Andy is good at calling one sport..baseball. He calls football and basketball like he doesn’t know anything about either sport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

I was driving home during the first half. When LSU scored their first TD, he didn't mention it for several moments. He was describing the catch, and didn't mention that it was a TD. He is awful. Sorry. 

Only time I listen to him is when I have no choice while driving home from work. I'd hate to have gone through 1993 with him calling games. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm telling you man. Pod has been following me two years mind you. Don't hardly ever say anything to him, then you have another guy saying I'm trolling because he said he saw the wr's play that turned out to be untrue. Then another guy who of course made it me and so and so should go to a girl board. I NEVER say anything to him. He's the only person I have blocked

Neither has ANYTHING to do with tonight's game or Bo if you wanted to talk about that. I just want people to see this stuff though

What are you talking about. You called me out! You got me confused with someone else and can't admit you're wrong. Go to bed. Jeez. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

😂😂Just want people to see this stuff??😂😂

Your worst nightmare… Bo to Fromm for a touchdown! I know you won’t sleep well tonight! 

I wonder why that is? 🤔

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

I watched every radio call highlights from 12- to 31(well I guess 29-30)  I don't do that anymore 

Edited by Maverick.AU