Shout Out to Bo Nix!

abw0004

I was definatly hating the way Bo was playing, even before TJ came into the game. But I believe benching Bo, probably for the first time ever, was just what the Dr ordered. I am not 100% convinced that he has made the switch permanently but tonight was a helluva game by Bo. War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 1

I was only able to watch the 2nd half and Bo looked great to me.  He seemed like a man in control of his team. I will say that I am glad Coach Harsin gave Finley a chance to play in front of his old team for a series.  He didn’t have to do that.  If we’d been ahead, TJ may have gotten to play more.  I am so thankful for the win! Not sure what next week’s team will look like, but I’m enjoying this! 

I want to give a shout out to our TEAM. They ALL played and coached hard and deserve congratulations. Without each one's effort our team would not have broken the curse of redstick.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, auburnphan said:

that TD pass was an accident, he over threw his intended target.

this board has gotten so bad you cannot even crack a joke huh?

7 hours ago, GoAU said:

And they won the game.  He didn’t try to force any bad throws.  He definitely tried hard, but didn’t throw any bad decisions 

I also think quite a few of those scrambles were not him bailing early. Many of those the primary and secondary options appeared covered and or he actually did have to bail from the pocket. He wasn't forcing anything in some of those instances, he had to make a play. There were a few he did bail early on. It's always a fine line with him, but I feel this game he did a much better job of pulling the Houdini act when actually needed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I was definatly hating the way Bo was playing, even before TJ came into the game. But I believe benching Bo, probably for the first time ever, was just what the Dr ordered. I am not 100% convinced that he has made the switch permanently but tonight was a helluva game by Bo. War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

I agree. I think it's always something Bo will have to be cognizant of. When to stay in the pocket vs when to go Johnny Manziel. It seems like to me, at least, when Bo starts off the game staying in the pocket and relying more on fundamentals, it actually improves his ability to effectively go Johnny Football later in game when needed. Kinda like a basketball player getting some easy buckets early then all the sudden he can hit the outside shots bc hes more into the game. Start with fundamentals always. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

I want to give a shout out to our TEAM. They ALL played and coached hard and deserve congratulations. Without each one's effort our team would not have broken the curse of redstick.

That was a grown ass mans win right there and a total team win. Defense was pretty darn good in second half. Back receivers and tight ends all played well. 

• Like 1

the coaching staff needs a huge shout out with getting bo's attention without breaking his spirit. they have helped bo quite a lot and i am thinking if bo stays another year and continues to improve bo might have a chance at the nfl. add that bo learned three different offenses in three years plus the covid stuff last year when bo basically did not get some much needed snaps last season that he needed he has taken some big steps. people have been on bobo but i think he is earning his money. i think when we get more of harsins type players on the team we will take a huge step up. this team is missing some quality talent in certain areas but they are scrappy and i am ok with that. and from the video's i have seen from after the game they certainly enjoy celebrating with harsin. we just need to give him time.

• Like 2

I'll have to rewatch, I don't think his scrambles were early or the "bail out" scrambles he made a way of life for 2+ seasons.  Plays break down and it looked like he made magic on 3 plays with his feet.  #backyardBo deserves a lot of credit for those plays.  Look, he still only completed 52% of his passes.  I think the biggest difference last night was the game plan had him running the ball on 1st down, etc., and putting us in better down and distance situations . He got 75 yds with his feet, mostly on designed runs.  That is how you use him.  He is quick as a cat and runs hard.  It adds another dimension to the offense that makes it very hard on a defense.  The fake to Tank on the final TD sucked them in and got him on the edge.  Better game plan last night.

• Like 4

Besides his obvious wizardry on those few plays, his throws to Worm in the flats were darts that mostly hit him in stride. Worm took those and made the most of them. He had a great game too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

that TD pass was an accident, he over threw his intended target.

Yeah, and he just so happened to hit "another target" in stride.

Man, you aren't going to give Bo credit for anything, are you?

12 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I'll have to rewatch, I don't think his scrambles were early or the "bail out" scrambles he made a way of life for 2+ seasons.  Plays break down and it looked like he made magic on 3 plays with his feet.  #backyardBo deserves a lot of credit for those plays.  Look, he still only completed 52% of his passes.  I think the biggest difference last night was the game plan had him running the ball on 1st down, etc., and putting us in better down and distance situations . He got 75 yds with his feet, mostly on designed runs.  That is how you use him.  He is quick as a cat and runs hard.  It adds another dimension to the offense that makes it very hard on a defense.  The fake to Tank on the final TD sucked them in and got him on the edge.  Better game plan last night.

Tons of dropped balls again.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Tons of dropped balls again.

Yep. Not sure there were enough that adding receptions there would get him close to 70%, but the receivers definitely have to do better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Yeah, and he just so happened to hit "another target" in stride.

Man, you aren't going to give Bo credit for anything, are you?

Do we know he wasn't throwing to the other open guy in front of the TE?  Who cares...he kept that play alive and the receivers moved with him..  I know if I was throwing to the other guy, I wouldn't tell anyone for about 30 years.  Most clutch pass of my HS career was an overthrow for a 45 yd TD.  I didn't tell anyone until our 30th reunion.  We all had a great laugh and drink...we still won that game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Besides his obvious wizardry on those few plays, his throws to Worm in the flats were darts that mostly hit him in stride. Worm took those and made the most of them. He had a great game too. 

That seemed to come out of nowhere...I can only assume those check downs were just added...again, a better game plan last night.

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Do we know he wasn't throwing to the other open guy in front of the TE?  Who cares...he kept that play alive and the receivers moved with him..  I know if I was throwing to the other guy, I wouldn't tell anyone for about 30 years.  Most clutch pass of my HS career was an overthrow for a 45 yd TD.  I didn't tell anyone until our 30th reunion.  We all had a great laugh and drink...we still won that game.

No, we don't *know* anything, but the way he was looking to his right for a beat before making the throw indicates to me that Fromm was the intended target.

But I agree: if he meant to hit the guy running straight toward the end zone, I wouldn't tell a soul for at least a decade.

• Haha 1

OK Bo did very good last night. My thoughts are if he had worked that hard since he got to Auburn he would have never been in the position to be benched.

I commend him for his effort, but why did it take so long?  Congtats,  but the jury is still still out one in a row is not a habit.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, ben4981 said:

OK Bo did very good last night. My thoughts are if he had worked that hard since he got to Auburn he would have never been in the position to be benched.

I commend him for his effort, but why did it take so long?  Congtats,  but the jury is still still out one in a row is not a habit.

You realize that we have a new coaching staff this year, right? Bo has been working his ass off since the day he got to Auburn. He just had the misfortune of playing his first two seasons under a high school coach that got a college gig.

32 minutes ago, japantiger said:

.  Look, he still only completed 52% of his passes. 

To be fair to him and his completion percentage, there were A LOT of drops. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

To be fair to him and his completion percentage, there were A LOT of drops. 

And quite a few throw aways when he was running for his life. Didn’t see many inaccurate throws from Bo that I can remember. Great game from him 

• Like 2

If you recall, Bo's dad was benched for Dameyune Craig during the 1994 LSU "interception game".  He came back the next week a better quarterback and in a few weeks beat the number one gators in the swamp.  Bo seems to be learning from his benching too.    By the way, in Bo's press conference after the game he said that he threw the ball to Tyler after he saw his hair "flopping out the back of his helmet".  That was his target, end of that conversation.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Man that td to Fromm was magic. That could be put against anybody’s best highlight there. 

That will be added to the pregame highlights on the Jumbotron