Shout Out to Bo Nix!

abw0004

32 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You realize that we have a new coaching staff this year, right? Bo has been working his ass off since the day he got to Auburn. He just had the misfortune of playing his first two seasons under a high school coach that got a college gig.

Exactly. I dont think work ethic has ever been his issue. Prior coaching staff was a joke at QB development and basically coddled him. They never had backups developed and ready to go hence they never took him out. Not good for him or AU. Hes also not a consistently accurate qb. I think hes worked hard and may never be a true game breaker type, bit if we can just get him playing like last night more consistent and start hitting some deep balls, we will be in good shape. I will also say, this staff needs to be going hard after multiple stud highschool qbs. You cant just rely on the one 'we got our guy already' so we are gonna get complacent in recruiting like Gus's staff. There needs to be multiple stud qbs and constant competition to bread the success AU needs. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You realize that we have a new coaching staff this year, right? Bo has been working his ass off since the day he got to Auburn. He just had the misfortune of playing his first two seasons under a high school coach that got a college gig.

That is my thing.  Whether he sucks or does outstanding, Bo is gonna bust his tail trying to get better.  I’m an AU man and a Bo Nix fan!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Exactly. I dont think work ethic has ever been his issue. Prior coaching staff was a joke at QB development and basically coddled him. They never had backups developed and ready to go hence they never took him out. Not good for him or AU. Hes also not a consistently accurate qb. I think hes worked hard and may never be a true game breaker type, bit if we can just get him playing like last night more consistent and start hitting some deep balls, we will be in good shape. I will also say, this staff needs to be going hard after multiple stud highschool qbs. You cant just rely on the one 'we got our guy already' so we are gonna get complacent in recruiting like Gus's staff. There needs to be multiple stud qbs and constant competition to bread the success AU needs. 

Okay, whoa there with the recruiting multiple HS QBs, big guy. The smart way to build a QB room is to take one high schooler every year, giving each class its own leader at QB. We got Dematrius Davis last cycle, and if he were 3 inches taller, every school in America would have been all over him, so we're good there. We've got Holden Geriner, who has been doing nothing but moving up the rankings as time has gone on, committed for this cycle. TJ still has 3 years of eligibility after this season. Why on earth do we need to be pursuing another QB in this class?

19 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Bo still looks like a talented Sophomore QB who is on his own out there playing Manziell&Josh Rosen hero ball type of Football. Not his fault, coaches need to develop him.

I like Geriner (2022) and would really love to land Dante Moore (2023)+ sign a West Coast QB transfer.

Edited by AUreo

For all the hate the OL gets, I think they are starting to rally as a unit. You saw a lot of comraderie between nix and the center. You saw them coming back to try and make some sort of block even if they whiffed their Initial. You saw okay holes made on a few drives. They’re not a stellar unit but they do seem to be trying and I dare say if we can string catches together they’ll look better if the rush pressure is forced back.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Yeah, and he just so happened to hit "another target" in stride.

Man, you aren't going to give Bo credit for anything, are you?

i thought he was kidding................

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i thought he was kidding................

If he was, then my sincerest apologies for mistaking the intent of the comment. I've just grown so accustomed to Bo bashing that I took it as serious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If he was, then my sincerest apologies for mistaking the intent of the comment. I've just grown so accustomed to Bo bashing that I took it as serious.

no he was not kidding i am just a dummy and wanted to say i thought he was. grins

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

no he was not kidding i am just a dummy and wanted to say i thought he was. grins

You are going to offend a poster or two with that pic bro lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, im4aual said:

If you recall, Bo's dad was benched for Dameyune Craig during the 1994 LSU "interception game".  He came back the next week a better quarterback and in a few weeks beat the number one gators in the swamp.  Bo seems to be learning from his benching too.    By the way, in Bo's press conference after the game he said that he threw the ball to Tyler after he saw his hair "flopping out the back of his helmet".  That was his target, end of that conversation.

I'm sure that seeing the poof of hair was welcomed sight during the end of his scramble. That was so amazing!

I saw Bo leave the pocket early maybe twice, and it was not on the scrambles where he made magic. I saw Bo throw balls with good trajectory and better accuracy, no rainbows or balls thrown 5 yards out of bounds. In short, his arm was different last night. Next week will be tougher sledding, probably the toughest for the rest of the season. I’m looking to see this play carry forward and Bo mature into some consistency.

Bo perfectly exemplies an AU QB. He represents everything that the AU football program feels like. Crazy highs and crazy lows. Right when you want to give up on him like a phoenix out of the ashes he rises.   We know there will be another low and it very well could be next game because that's just how this goes. Being an AU fan is the wildest rollercoaster I've ever been on in my life but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm rooting for Bo.

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are going to offend a poster or two with that pic bro lol. 

serious even with the nip watch pic? i changed my avie last game to bring us luck and it did so i am doing it again but maybe i should run with last weeks winner. thanx

11 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He actually did try to do too much. Those broken plays just so happened to work out

Almost bit him at the end if that ball hit the foot only and not the ground of LSU defender.

• Like 1

I hope he put an end to the “Bo Bashing” last night but I’m pretty sure it will return after next weekend.  Hint: Georgia has the best defense in the country and it ain’t close.

3 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Considering that both the head coach and offensive coordinator are former QBs, that have coached some good QBs, I think QB is a position that we can expect to become solid over the next few years.

• Like 2