Defense balled out too!

tbone4jc

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Hey @bigbirdhow was it being there? Hope you and James had a blast. 

I wish I could explain or convey the pure joy that was gushing out of him. It was an unbelievable night and those memories will last our lifetime.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Defense bowed up when it mattered. I believe Jaylin Simpson is our best dB and it is not even close. Dude made some gave saving tackles last night.. shout out to him. 

He did play well. 

We change a defensive system, how long does it take for the players to understand the schemes, not play vanilla  and allow them to play downhill.  It took Buddy Ryan and the Chicago Bears 6 years to perfect the 46 defense.   Moving Hall around looked like progress.  Thought hiring CDM was a great choice, I'm going to give him more than a few games before becoming critical.  Just want to see progression.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Simpson is definitely solid and I am glad as anybody he is back, but to say he is our best and it's not even close is crazy. Roger McCreary has a lot to say about that. 

Puckett played very well. I have been waiting on him to shine for 2 years. Glad he is coming along. 

I was so impressed last night with Hall, Wooden, and Eku. Eku had a scary good game kind of under the radar. I don't think he had a ton of stats, but he disrupted the QB quite a bit. Hall was a monster and is finally playing like I hoped he would all season. Wooden is Wooden. 

I thought CDM did a great job of showing different looks with the personnel. Moving Derick Hall around the way he did was great to see.

I thought Wooden played great!!

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wish I could explain or convey the pure joy that was gushing out of him. It was an unbelievable night and those memories will last our lifetime.

That's awesome man. Glad you two were able to make the trip. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That's awesome man. Glad you two were able to make the trip. 

My dad('69, '71) was there too. That was the cherry on top.

• Love 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My dad('69, '71) was there too. That was the cherry on top.

Oh that's even better! Wish I had some memories like that with my grandfathers before they passed. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was referring to mcreary not being the best corner. And it's much more than that's just the nature of the position. It's more so somebody is going to be the blamed. But not just safety. 

I don't care who is where long as Zion is playing somewhere because he's the next guy. He's the next alpha

We are going to need some bc we are losing some hosses this year probably.