LSU game. What actually happened

cole256

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am just wondering if bo will have enough space to dodge the butt sniffers? from what little i read and hear they are all everything.

I don't know if they are all everything, but UGA's a damn good football team and they have shown they can consistently dominate the trenches.  They have size, strength, 5* talent and good coaching on the lines.  Coach better have our guys ready to stand toe to toe with them and not back down, get some push and play an aggressive game for 4 qtrs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn needs both QB’s. Can’t do it with just one. Benching Bo might have been the best thing possible. He had a great attitude cheering TJ on after he pulled in the first half. TJ not so much after Bo went back in. 

OP is a big Bo hater. I get it, plenty of reasons to but he performed out his ass on Saturday. They don’t win without him running at that level. It’s a team effort but his willingness to never quit seemed to bleed over. 

If you can back up for thoughts with examples go for it, but if you are just talking out of your behind I'd ask you to please stop making up stuff. If you are just misinformed I have no problem explaining but stop the troll stuff. And if you don't want to talk and you are just going to feel how you feel no matter what that's fine too just ignore my posts or threads or whatever. 

But I'm not a Bo hater, just because I didn't over hype him when many did don't make me a hater. I'm going to watch EVERYBODY's performance and go off of that. And that's it

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, cole256 said:

HB: I called that play Hunter finally broke. He had a similar play where they just tripped him up and I'm glad we went back to him. 

Pretty sure it was same play he broke at Penn State where he hurdled a guy down the sideline. I wish we'd use our tight ends in space as lead blockers more. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Pretty sure it was same play he broke at Penn State where he hurdled a guy down the sideline. I wish we'd use our tight ends in space as lead blockers more. 

I didn't even think about that as far as looking back at other games. I know when they ran it earlier this last game he was brought down by his laces and if they wouldn't have got him there they wouldn't have had another chance until something like 30 yards down the field.

Man Hunter is something else. One mistake and it can be a score. That's a crazy weapon to have. It's like boobie whitlow except he has the home run potential. 

Back when he played some people would think I was dissing him because I would say I just don't think teams ever feared him beside he lacked that fast twitch explosion type of running. Literally what Hunter has is what I was talking about. Not dissing, I was just wishing we had that.

• Like 1

Well if we compare uga defense to bammer, the teams that give that D problems is the ones that have a QB that can move. Going to have to be able to stretch the field though. No if and or buts. You don't beat them how we just be LSU, you have to have explosive plays

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well if we compare uga defense to bammer, the teams that give that D problems is the ones that have a QB that can move. Going to have to be able to stretch the field though. No if and or buts. You don't beat them how we just be LSU, you have to have explosive plays

AND convert on 3rd down.

I swear I looked at a stat in the UGA/Arky game well after the half that stated Arky hadn't converted a single 3rd down.  We can not have that vs uga on Saturday or the score will end up much like Arky's.  

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:49 AM, cole256 said:

We still have drops but a few of these were actually bad drops.

First game where I thought they could have really contributed to a loss, and where they were clearly bad drops like you said and not 50/50 balls being called drops by *people* because *reasons*.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't even think about that as far as looking back at other games. I know when they ran it earlier this last game he was brought down by his laces and if they wouldn't have got him there they wouldn't have had another chance until something like 30 yards down the field.

Man Hunter is something else. One mistake and it can be a score. That's a crazy weapon to have. It's like boobie whitlow except he has the home run potential. 

Back when he played some people would think I was dissing him because I would say I just don't think teams ever feared him beside he lacked that fast twitch explosion type of running. Literally what Hunter has is what I was talking about. Not dissing, I was just wishing we had that.

Yup, just check, same play! Really interesting design. Two tight ends and 2 receivers form a quad.

One receiver jet-sweeps wide as if getting a pitch, and the other pulls to either block or potentially get a shovel pass. Bo intentionally heads with them as a distraction. Meanwhile, two tight ends are lead blockers for the actual pitch to Hunter.

Bet we see the jet version of this next week. I'd also like to see Hunter get this going to the wide side. Both times it's gone to the short side.

Screenshot_20211004-144958_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145034_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145133_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145110_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-145237_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145312_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145326_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145348_YouTube.jpg

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Auburn needs both QB’s. Can’t do it with just one. Benching Bo might have been the best thing possible. He had a great attitude cheering TJ on after he pulled in the first half. TJ not so much after Bo went back in. 

OP is a big Bo hater. I get it, plenty of reasons to but he performed out his ass on Saturday. They don’t win without him running at that level. It’s a team effort but his willingness to never quit seemed to bleed over. 

While I agree with most of what you said, I would argue against OP being a Bo hater. I think if you really think about, nearly his entire time here, Bo has been less than average. Only this season, IMO, did he start to become average due to his work with Harsin and Bobo. Then least week he slipped to his old less than average self. That’s all Cole has been saying all along. It’s his third year, and he was still having the same problems he always had. He’s objectively looked at his performance and been both disappointed and unsure about his future this late in the game. Saturday he looked like a completely different quarterback, and I sincerely hope this is him finally emerging into his true self, kinda like Cam did during his own LSU game.

I’ve seen Cole’s posts this week, and he has given every bit of credit where it was due, including Bo. Go back and read his posts. He’s been praising him. But like me, he’s just unsure about him. I think MOST Auburn fans are. Here’s hoping to something truly special down the road. War Eagle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

First game where I thought they could have really contributed to a loss, and where they were clearly bad drops like you said and not 50/50 balls being called drops by *people* because *reasons*.

It was the worst week yet for drops but we dropped a TD against GSU and some crucial ones at Penn State. If we had last year's receivers we are definitely 5-0. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I agree there were some bad drops. There were also some really good catches too. I know inconsistent but could be all bad. I really think some of Bo’s throws were in better positions also.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've seen some comparisons of him to Tre Mason and I can see it now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree there were some bad drops. There were also some really good catches too. I know inconsistent but could be all bad. I really think some of Bo’s throws were in better positions also.

Absolutely. That's probably the more important takeaway and what I did a poor job of saying. Those passes were on the money. 

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yup, just check, same play! Really interesting design. Two tight ends and 2 receivers form a quad.

One receiver jet-sweeps wide as if getting a pitch, and the other pulls to either block or potentially get a shovel pass. Bo intentionally heads with them as a distraction. Meanwhile, two tight ends are lead blockers for the actual pitch to Hunter.

Bet we see the jet version of this next week. I'd also like to see Hunter get this going to the wide side. Both times it's gone to the short side.

Screenshot_20211004-144958_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145034_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145133_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145110_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-145237_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145312_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145326_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20211004-145348_YouTube.jpg

That's awesome stuff bro. I wish I had this skill set. I'm jealous! Good stuff!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's like boobie whitlow except he has the home run potential. 

You're gonna hate this but I just realized he reminds me Ladainian Tomlinson. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I don't hate it at all. With hb's it's hard to compare very good guys without using other very good guys. I think as long as you don't go Barry or Walter it's acceptable 😂

Maybe a young Willis McGhee or Clinton portis as well. Or the guy from Memphis.....I don't know why I can't think of his name but he was a great college back and productive in the NFL. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh no I got my example Fred Taylor!!

• Like 1

Sometime a simple change in the the game plan can be significant.  We were in the zone read read shot gun until that last TD drive.  After our 2nd td, LSU took away our TEs and gambled on single coverage on our WRs.  This seemed to work because we went 3 and out our next 2 or 3 possessions but fortunately for us LSU went 3 and out over that same time period (thank you CDM.).  Harsin realizing a that the zone read was now not going to win the game went under center.  The misdirection to Hunter worked because being under center the QB didn't have to wait on the ball as in the shotgun so our line didn't have to hold the blocks as long.  In addition, when we ran the playaction pass on the play before Hunter ran to the 1, being under center the LBs had to respect the run and left lane open for our WRs to operate.   Getting under center won the game.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's awesome stuff bro. I wish I had this skill set. I'm jealous! Good stuff!

Thanks bud. Related topic, just never found a window to post it, I'm 99.9% sure we ran the play Boise used to beat Oklahoma, late in the PSU game. But we couldn't secure the pitch. Thought that was super ballsy and amusing, that he still has that play after all these years.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't hate it at all. With hb's it's hard to compare very good guys without using other very good guys. I think as long as you don't go Barry or Walter it's acceptable 😂

Maybe a young Willis McGhee or Clinton portis as well. Or the guy from Memphis.....I don't know why I can't think of his name but he was a great college back and productive in the NFL. 

DeAngelo Williams?? YES. 

Totally agreed about hard to compare without the names and even more agreed about Barry and Walter. When I pull a name like LT, I'm definitely not saying "as good as". Same as when we talk about Bo, Caddy, Fullwood, KI, etc.

Love those other names you pulled, too. All just really solid total packages of power, balance, vision, straight line speed and lateral agility. Man I hope he keeps this up!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Sometime a simple change in the the game plan can be significant.  We were in the zone read read shot gun until that last TD drive.  After our 2nd td, LSU took away our TEs and gambled on single coverage on our WRs.  This seemed to work because we went 3 and out our next 2 or 3 possessions but fortunately for us LSU went 3 and out over that same time period (thank you CDM.).  Harsin realizing a that the zone read was now not going to win the game went under center.  The misdirection to Hunter worked because being under center the QB didn't have to wait on the ball as in the shotgun so our line didn't have to hold the blocks as long.  In addition, when we ran the playaction pass on the play before Hunter ran to the 1, being under center the LBs had to respect the run and left lane open for our WRs to operate.   Getting under center won the game.

That's a good eye and great points. Especially how they didn't have to hold their blocks as long. I didn't think about that. I don't no too much about the actual intricacies of o line play. Just know a little as far as brief over view. You brought up some stuff I feel many don't know about. You probably have a greatly needed perspective on here

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

DeAngelo Williams?? YES. 

Totally agreed about hard to compare without the names and even more agreed about Barry and Walter. When I pull a name like LT, I'm definitely not saying "as good as". Same as when we talk about Bo, Caddy, Fullwood, KI, etc.

Love those other names you pulled, too. All just really solid total packages of power, balance, vision, straight line speed and lateral agility. Man I hope he keeps this up!

Yeah that's him! Yeah he seems to have great balance like those shorter backs have but he's fluid moving too. Seems like he has some basketball type of explosive athleticism to him.

Oh when you ever want to pass some time go back and look at some highlights from the guys we were talking. Especially Taylor.....and McGhee after he came back from the knee was amazing but before????? OMG!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Thanks bud. Related topic, just never found a window to post it, I'm 99.9% sure we ran the play Boise used to beat Oklahoma, late in the PSU game. But we couldn't secure the pitch. Thought that was super ballsy and amusing, that he still has that play after all these years.

Really? If you ever have time came you give me a time stamp. I thought about what if we did something like that on the 4th down play. I think that may have increased my level of disappointment when we ran what we ran. 

I didn't know if Harsin was coaching or anything when they ran that play. The only person I was familiar with was Peterson related to the play. That was an awesome game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Really? If you ever have time came you give me a time stamp. I thought about what if we did something like that on the 4th down play. I think that may have increased my level of disappointment when we ran what we ran. 

I didn't know if Harsin was coaching or anything when they ran that play. The only person I was familiar with was Peterson related to the play. That was an awesome game

He was OC for that game! One of the reasons I was really excited about the hire. I think there's an interview somewhere with Harsin describing that call and the walk off statue of liberty play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

The guy writes an highly objective post and this is your response . I don’t think anyone argued otherwise in the things you are saying smh 

• Like 1