Bowl Projections

Win4AU

Not that bowls really matter anymore but just for fun.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/college-football-bowl-predictions-brett-mcmurphy-week-6-projections-2021?utm_source=article&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=brettmcmurphy

Not really fired up about Clemson but that would be a big win for Harsin in year 1.  Not to get ahead of the rest of the season but after last week Auburn could possibly be a 2 loss team heading into the Iron Bowl.  Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, and TaMu will all be toss up games IMO.  You know what they say about a 9 win Auburn team at home in the Iron Bowl against Saban.  Sugar or Peach may not be out of question not to mention the SEC Championship game if they got past Bama.  

• Like 1

Auburn favored against Clemson? Lol

Harsin doesn’t strike me as guy who will not want his team showing up for a bowl game. I guess we’ll find out. 

Now that NIL is a thing, bowls should offer winner cash incentives to make these games more exciting. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Not that bowls really matter anymore but just for fun.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/college-football-bowl-predictions-brett-mcmurphy-week-6-projections-2021?utm_source=article&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=brettmcmurphy

Not really fired up about Clemson but that would be a big win for Harsin in year 1.  Not to get ahead of the rest of the season but after last week Auburn could possibly be a 2 loss team heading into the Iron Bowl.  Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss State, and TaMu will all be toss up games IMO.  You know what they say about a 9 win Auburn team at home in the Iron Bowl against Saban.  Sugar or Peach may not be out of question not to mention the SEC Championship game if they got past Bama.  

West is still up for grabs. This team has control in their hands. Play routine ball and good things will happen.

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

Auburn favored against Clemson? Lol

Harsin doesn’t strike me as guy who will not want his team showing up for a bowl game. I guess we’ll find out. 

Now that NIL is a thing, bowls should offer winner cash incentives to make these games more exciting. 

Heck of an idea 

I still think 6-6 is the most likely scenario BUT 7-5 is fully within reach. Any of the "pool of six" bowls sans maybe Charlotte (mainly because of the horrible sponsor name) sounds great.

Edited by AUwent

49 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I still think 6-6 is the most likely scenario BUT 7-5 is fully within reach. Any of the "pool of six" bowls sans maybe Charlotte (mainly because of the horrible sponsor name) sounds great.

I'm hoping for Charlotte, that's the closest to me 😂

12 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I'm hoping for Charlotte, that's the closest to me 😂

Given that Outback generally takes third pick of the B1G, I'd actually rather not with it. Jacksonville, Nashville, Memphis, Houston are all hunky dory, as they say.

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

"6-6...most likely"? I know it's your opinion, but geez that's pessimistic. 

The team is 4-1 with home games against Ole Miss (after our bye week), MSU, South Carolina...and on the road at a freefalling aTm. Arkie is a pure toss-up (and fortunately 11AM kick). UGA and Bama are the only "likely" losses on our schedule. 

I think 8-4 is "most likely" with 9-3 "fully within reach" which is where a lot of folks had us to begin the year anyway. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

"6-6...most likely"? I know it's your opinion, but geez that's pessimistic. 

The team is 4-1 with home games against Ole Miss (after our bye week), MSU, South Carolina...and on the road at a freefalling aTm. Arkie is a pure toss-up (and fortunately 11AM kick). UGA and Bama are the only "likely" losses on our schedule. 

I think 8-4 is "most likely" with 9-3 "fully within reach" which is where a lot of folks had us to begin the year anyway. 

It's entirely possible we do better--we did beat the LSU on the road, who beat MSU on the road, who beat A&M on the road. I'm just fully guarding my expectations is all.

7 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Can we play Clemson in the "Tony the Tiger" bowl?

tony-the-tiger-sun-bowl-400-x-400.png

SEC is not affiliated with the Sun Bowl, sadly.

Edited by AUwent

As long as it is not the Idaho Potato Bowl nor a matchup with UCF anywhere, I'm okay this year.

The reality is this team will likely finish anywhere between 7 and 5 and 5 and 6. I hope we make a bowl. I hope we het the extra practices. And I hope the players get the experience 

1 hour ago, AUx said:

As long as it is not the Idaho Potato Bowl nor a matchup with UCF anywhere, I'm okay this year.

Yep. We can't play the Potato Bowl anyways (but we do need to get in the normal way and not the APR backdoor way).

Edited by AUwent

12 hours ago, God Cam It said:

I was hoping for the Birmingham Bowl against UCF. 

My first impulse is to say no Birmingham, but part of me would rather go there than Tampa only because we’d get matched up with a team ~2 games better than us in the latter case.

I would happily take BR’s projection.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Here's 24/7's take: https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/auburn-bowl-predictions-projections-172983849/#172983849_3

Most have us going against NC State or VT. I like the idea of playing Iowa State in the Texas bowl. ISU's name sorta means something right now, and it's real winnable game. TCU is intriguing as their defense should test our offense. 

Edited by hutchids

On 10/10/2021 at 10:05 AM, AUx said:

Idaho Potatoe Bowl- Harsin could show his guys around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Idaho Potatoe Bowl- Harsin could show his guys around.

No. No. Naw. Nope. No way. NOPE.