Tipoff at Toomer's

Hydro-Logic

Wish I could go, but looks like it'll be televised on SEC Network+. Would love to see some pics from anyone who attends! WDE!

Know Before You Go – Fan Information: 2021 Tipoff at Toomer’s

Auburn University Athletics
3-4 minutes

AUBURN, Ala.— Auburn University, Auburn Athletics and the City of Auburn are once again partnering to deliver Tipoff at Toomer's, on Thursday, Oct. 7. 

Tipoff at Toomer's is set to feature men's basketball head coach Bruce Pearl, women's basketball head coach Johnnie Harris as well as the 2021-22 teams.

The event, which is free and open to the public, will take place on a basketball court at the heart of where the city and university converge at the corner of College St. and Magnolia Ave. This is a first-come, first-serve, standing room only event.  

Starting at 3 a.m. CT on Thursday morning, the following streets will be closed: W. Magnolia Ave. at Wright St., S College St. at Thach Ave., E Magnolia Ave. at Gay St. and N. College St. at Tichenor Ave. 

With a full day of festivities on tap, fans are encouraged to converge in downtown throughout the day to browse local stores, restaurants and other businesses surrounding the footprint of the event at Toomer's Corner.

The evening's festivities will begin at 4 p.m. CT when the Downtown Merchants Entertainment District and Samford Lawn Fan Fest begin. Tiger Talk, featuring Coach Bryan Harsin, will broadcast live on the court at 6 p.m.

Team introductions, activities, skills contests and interviews will take place on the court at 7 p.m. 

Fans can purchase official Tipoff at Toomer's shirts at the event.

Those unable to attend will be able to watch the event live on SEC Network+.

Tipoff at Toomer's presented by Yellawood is proudly sponsored by Auburn-Opelika Tourism, Alabama Power, Coca-Cola, PNC Bank and Thompson Tractor. Melt Agency is assisting Auburn Athletics with the logistics of Tipoff at Toomer's.

In an effort to provide the most space for fans to easily walk through the streets, please note that equipment such as ladders, stepstools, etc. will not be permitted to be set up in the road.

PARKING
Parking will be available throughout the day and into the evening in the Wright Street Parking Deck (140 Wright St.), AuburnBank's Burton Street Parking Deck (149 Burton St.), Gay Street Parking Lot, East Glenn Avenue Parking Lot, Felton Little Park and the Auburn Parks and Recreation Complex on Opelika Road. Additional parking for the event is available after 5:30 p.m. at RBD Library, the Comer Lot and the lots behind O.D. Smith and Ingram halls. Click here to see a parking map for the event. 

Tipoff at Toomer's Schedule - Thursday, Oct. 7
3 a.m. – Downtown Street closure begins
4 p.m. - Downtown Merchants Entertainment District and Samford Lawn Fan Fest begin
6 p.m. - Tiger Talk Radio Broadcast live on the court
7 p.m. – On-Court activities begin
9 p.m. – Event ends
10 p.m. - Downtown Merchants Entertainment District ends

Heavy rain all night and all morning in Auburn. Weather forecast is somewhat more favorable for the rest of the day (but still some more rain expected later today and tonight).

Edited by AUreo

it is not much but it is all some of us have.  i hate there is no audio...........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tigerfinz said:

Where is Walker?

He received a mild concussion during practice. Will be out for a little bit.

Edited by tgrogan21
Inserting a tweet for confirmation.
  • Thanks 1

Can’t dunk because the courts too slick.  Good grief

Also what was with Dylan singing a Christmas song?

Edited by Win4AU

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Can’t dunk because the courts too slick.  Good grief

Also what was with Dylan singing a Christmas song?

I really wish they would just do this in the arena, tbh. Last year it was cancelled due to rain and then this year the dunk contest was cancelled. Weather in the fall in Alabama is too unpredictable and rainy to have anything outside.

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I really wish they would just do this in the arena, tbh. Last year it was cancelled due to rain and then this year the dunk contest was cancelled. Weather in the fall in Alabama is too unpredictable and rainy to have anything outside.

Think a ton of the appeal of this event is the novelty of doing it outside, plus they seem to schedule it around pro day and I doubt they have the time or desire to get the arena back ready for that. 
But Lord, my legs would certainly be thankful to do it there vs here. Good grief that was long 

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think a ton of the appeal of this event is the novelty of doing it outside, plus they seem to schedule it around pro day and I doubt they have the time or desire to get the arena back ready for that. 
But Lord, my legs would certainly be thankful to do it there vs here. Good grief that was long 

Oh, I get the reasoning for it but I would rather them not to have to cancel stuff every year. Either way it looked like it was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Oh, I get the reasoning for it but I would rather them not to have to cancel stuff every year. Either way it looked like it was a lot of fun.

The ball was definitely dropped towards the last 15 mins or so, a lot of people seemed about willing to go after the initial 3 pt event, and it certainly peaked with Flan draining like 88% of shots on one leg

They also definitely need to find a way to close in some of that time between festival and event. 3 hours, largely standing, and then asking folks to stand for another 2 on hard cement is asking ALOT. Esp when about half that 2 is just interviews and gap time 

I’m not a big school spirit guy, so factor that in, but I know how to read emotions, and the tempo and emotion of this one was definitely lesser compared to the previous one. 

• Thanks 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Tipoff at Toomer's