Tipoff at Toomer's

Hydro-Logic

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Still appreciated the event btw. Felt like we got a good idea of who’s the mover and shakers for this team 

Thanks for sharing the details of being there. I bet a ton of people have similar reports.

Back to the appeal of the event, though, for folks like me who weren't there... this is social media GOLD. The videos and pics make this look like the best party in the southeast. Like, everything about it looks so damned cool coming through the screen. Dylan Cardwell, that movie theater sign branding we started using this year, the crowd, the swag surfing, the dance circle... like, this event was an Instagram model and influencer unto itself. 

It was a commercial, and a damned good one. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for sharing the details of being there. I bet a ton of people have similar reports.

Back to the appeal of the event, though, for folks like me who weren't there... this is social media GOLD. The videos and pics make this look like the best party in the southeast. Like, everything about it looks so damned cool coming through the screen. Dylan Cardwell, that movie theater sign branding we started using this year, the crowd, the swag surfing, the dance circle... like, this event was an Instagram model and influencer unto itself. 

And I’d guarantee that’s what Bruce is hoping for more than anything. There’s no coach in Auburn history that better understands that anything you say and do can have intangible benefits that lead into tangible gain. 
1. a platform of his design that allows him to show his charisma and personality. Something gold is going to come from that alone 

2. Display the camaderie (sp) of the team in front of hundreds of folks who’ll eat it up. Recruits eat that up

3. You generate thousands of dollars for those downtown businesses, which should in turn further show ADAG and other Auburn brass how much revenue you can generate 

Bruce is one of one 

• Like 5

S/o to the women’s too. They have a really entertaining cast of characters, and I hope they’re given the winning bump to where their personalities can become known. They can become the joyful entertaining new kids one day, I believe

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

3. You generate thousands of dollars for those downtown businesses, which should in turn further show ADAG and other Auburn brass how much revenue you can generate 

Hadn't even thought of that. Great point. 

One of one, indeed. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Japser’s form is at least 21x better than Wendell’s. He’s got the Lonzo or KD sort of windup on the left side of his body, but his follow through and release point is better than UCLA Lonzo’s. 

Of all the new shooters, I agree, but somewhat surprised, that Jasper definitely has the most smooth, consistent form for 3 pt shooting. KD is going to be that streaky shooter I think that can bury 4 in a row, but in other games, can't buy a 3 pt shot. Wendell had limitations on his 3 pt shot, not the most fluid, and had trouble getting it to the rim many times.

It's funny, some guys are great from the corner and some guys are deadly from the wing but not from the corners. You can tell where their comfort zone is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I really wish they would just do this in the arena, tbh. Last year it was cancelled due to rain and then this year the dunk contest was cancelled. Weather in the fall in Alabama is too unpredictable and rainy to have anything outside.

Totally disagree.

Regardless if there are times this event has be cancelled due to weather, it is a MUST to have it outdoors and at Toomer's Corner. This place makes it like the Field of Dreams event which is in the middle of a corn field. If it's in the Arena, it becomes just like any other event most schools do...

It's small town, middle of downtown, an an iconic location of Toomer's Corner. Shutting down the center of Auburn for a live sporting event promotion is perfect for recruiting, excitement for fans, players, students. To me it's better than Midnight Madness, because more people will be up to either be there or see it now that it is live streamed. 

I could see it being refined, cut out maybe one of the contests and only have the 3 pt shooting event. I'm not sure I understand the music, dancing parts, since it surely looks like none of these guys can sing. It could use a little more organization. Cut it back to 1 hour or 1.5 hours would be perfect.

But it has to stay...it's unique and does a great marketing advantage. 

• Like 2

I think the main thing they need is some bleachers in at least one of the sections. The students don't mind standing, but for those with kids or older folks, it would be more comfortable if there were bleachers. I asked a few players how the floor was, and they agreed it was slick. The humidity combined with the plastic flooring made it really slick. The 3 point contest was fine, but it seemed like each part took a while to get going. Overall very fun though.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Don't forget our girl madiprew was there also!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Don't forget our girl madiprew was there also!

It was such an event, we didn't even have to feature our former Olympic gold medalist, future SEC champ, and current Dancing with the Stars contestant.

• Like 1

Jaylin Williams talks ahead of opening practice

Auburn C Walker Kessler (2nd week of preseason practices)

listen to bruce talk about flannagan.

Auburn F Jabari Smith (2nd week of preseason practices)

i thought you folks might want to see some video. ell i put em all in the same thread for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3