If LSU implodes...

Zeek

Here are a few players I think our staff has done a good job staying in touch with and we'd have a decent chance of pillaging their class.

• 4* CB Laterrance Welch
  • 4* RB TreVonte' Citizen
  • 4* IOL Emery Jones - long shot of the group
  • 4* LB DeMario Tolan

LSU melting down very much would play into our favor and the sooner the better (if coach O gets canned before December we could make waves).

554427373_Screenshot2021-10-0712_49_23PM.thumb.png.769361864a1afd855ed8cfbd3b133243.png

LSU could very easily lose these next three games. After Ole Miss they have Bama and Arky...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Here are a few players I think our staff has done a good job staying in touch with and we'd have a decent chance of pillaging their class.

• 4* CB Laterrance Welch
  • 4* RB TreVonte' Citizen
  • 4* IOL Emery Jones - long shot of the group
  • 4* LB DeMario Tolan

LSU melting down very much would play into our favor and the sooner the better (if coach O gets canned before December we could make waves).

554427373_Screenshot2021-10-0712_49_23PM.thumb.png.769361864a1afd855ed8cfbd3b133243.png

LSU could very easily lose these next three games. After Ole Miss they have Bama and Arky...

Was checking out the FSU class last night. They could very well implode as well. You could actually make the argument they already have. Their coach, who's name escapes me at the moment, seat is getting warmer by the week.

37 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Was checking out the FSU class last night. They could very well implode as well. You could actually make the argument they already have. Their coach, who's name escapes me at the moment, seat is getting warmer by the week.

I think his name is Mike Norvell. Regardless, if he doesn't get things turned around, and sooner rather than later he will be known as former FSU head coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I think his name is Mike Norvell. Regardless, if he doesn't get things turned around, and sooner rather than later he will be known as former FSU head coach.

As a panhandle resident I can tell you that might just be the hardest program in the country to turn around. 

Jimbo left an awful culture there with a very "win at all costs" approach. He let everything slide so long as they were winning...

How Norvell is recruiting that well is beyond me. Terrible facilities, terrible administration, terrible town, unappealing campus, and not particularly strong academics.

• Like 4

If LSU does fire Orgeron, who do you think will be the next head coach? That would determine whether we could snag a few from them. If they snag a Bob Stoops or Urban Meyer I dont like our chances.

Urban publicly groping young women that he isn’t married to would seem to make him less appealing at this point just from a PR standpoint 

• Like 5

Just now, fredst said:

I’d go after Fickell if I were choosing 

Betting USCw goes after him hard.

Napier's my bet for LSU.

• Like 3

Woodward likes the big money, big name splash hires. Jimbo while at A&M, Mulkey and Jay Johnson at LSU so far. He will absolutely go after a big time guy who has appeared in a championship, and throw the money at them and make them say no. He'll only pivot to Napier or even Kiffin if they get rejected by the top dogs

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Betting USCw goes after him hard.

Napier's my bet for LSU.

Napier makes a lot of sense. 

Joe Brady wouldn't surprise me either. And that would complete the "exactly like Chizik" cycle for Coach O. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cbo said:

Joe Brady wouldn't surprise me either. And that would complete the "exactly like Chizik" cycle for Coach O. 

May be that Hugh Freeze has served enough time to be released. 

• Like 2

Did anybody hear Ed O on the radio cal in show?  It was an "ER MUH LAWD" moment. Of course I think people are blowing his response out of proportion IMO. Here it is on the Jboy Show.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cbo said:

Brady likes the NFL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Did anybody hear Ed O on the radio cal in show?  It was an "ER MUH LAWD" moment. Of course I think people are blowing his response out of proportion IMO. Here it is on the Jboy Show.

Thanks. That was hilarious!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cbo said:

Joe Brady don’t like to go on the road and recruit. He’s an NFL guy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zeek said:

As a panhandle resident I can tell you that might just be the hardest program in the country to turn around. 

Jimbo left an awful culture there with a very "win at all costs" approach. He let everything slide so long as they were winning...

How Norvell is recruiting that well is beyond me. Terrible facilities, terrible administration, terrible town, unappealing campus, and not particularly strong academics.

FSU girls are freaks, more so, than most places, in my experience.  Not bama freaks, but close

• Haha 1

IMHO LSU is in an FSU SNAFU😁 - lots of talent, mediocre coaching, zero upperclass leadership. Don't want non-frosh transfers from either school. 

They will be competing with USCw in the high-bidder stakes.

I suspect to two top targets will be Cristobal and Franklin. But I'd be surprised if either wants to leave their current position. And why would they want to step into that Baton Rouge cesspool? Money ain't everything and they both get plenty.

Given the problems at LSU right now with court cases and investigations related to sexual assault cover-ups, I don't think they'd go after Urban Baggage. And with his history, no matter his religious school penance, would Freeze be hire they'd risk?

I kinda think their best bet would be Luke Fickell. Cincinnati cannot come even close to the money LSU would throw at him. And LSU woukd definitely be a step up in recruiting, talent, fan craziness, and conference respect.

The real question is, no matter how much money is involved, who would stoop so low as to take the LSU job?

36 minutes ago, AURex said:

The real question is, no matter how much money is involved, who would stoop so low as to take the LSU job?

Nobody worth a damn.  LSU is currently blackballed for sure. 

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010

On 10/7/2021 at 7:38 PM, fredst said:

Urban publicly groping young women that he isn’t married to would seem to make him less appealing at this point just from a PR standpoint 

not sure that matters to many people down there any more