If LSU implodes...

Zeek

Y'all are underrating the hell out of Jimbo. He won 10 or more games 6 out of his 8 seasons at FSU. He was 83-23 there and the last 2 coaches at FSU have proven not just anyone can win at FSU even when there is talent on the roster. (Yes I realized he left FSU a mess but FSU is not AS BAD as Willie Taggart made it look.) He is 31-12 at TAMU and has won 9 games 2 of his first 3 years there. Not setting the world on fire but they are not a soft ass weak in the trenches and on defense football team like they were under Sumlin. He just beat Bama with his backup QB. He is also 8-2 in bowl games. They could do A LOT worse than Jimbo. I hope they do do a lot worse than Jimbo. He is a great near elite recruiter as well.

Personally? Hope they hire a unproven guy like Billy Napier who's offenses in the sun belt are not that impressive and are very vanilla. Or the flavor of the month in Mel Tucker who has a career record of 14-12.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Or the flavor of the month in Mel Tucker who has a career record of 14-12. 

Don't sleep on Tucker, he can coach and is one of the best recruiters

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't sleep on Tucker, he can coach and is one of the best recruiters

Mel Tucker in the SEC would not behoove Auburn at all from a recruiting standpoint. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Y'all are underrating the hell out of Jimbo. He won 10 or more games 6 out of his 8 seasons at FSU. He was 83-23 there and the last 2 coaches at FSU have proven not just anyone can win at FSU even when there is talent on the roster. (Yes I realized he left FSU a mess but FSU is not AS BAD as Willie Taggart made it look.) He is 31-12 at TAMU and has won 9 games 2 of his first 3 years there. Not setting the world on fire but they are not a soft ass weak in the trenches and on defense football team like they were under Sumlin. He just beat Bama with his backup QB. He is also 8-2 in bowl games. They could do A LOT worse than Jimbo. I hope they do do a lot worse than Jimbo. He is a great near elite recruiter as well.

Personally? Hope they hire a unproven guy like Billy Napier who's offenses in the sun belt are not that impressive and are very vanilla. Or the flavor of the month in Mel Tucker who has a career record of 14-12.  

I am not saying he is bad, I am just saying that he is not as good as you and many others make him out to be. HE did all that at FSU in a weak ACC.  I do think he is a pretty good QB developer and a great recruiter when motivated, but otherwise am not blown away with him.  I don't fear Jimbo. I think they could do worse, I also think they could do better. HE does have the ability to change my mind if he stays at aTm and continues to improve them and win.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Mel Tucker in the SEC would not behoove Auburn at all from a recruiting standpoint. 

Scary, right?

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

LSU situation is a pretty giant mess considering O signed the agreement before the Florida game…which means he didn’t even tell his players if the assistants didn’t know. Unreal…

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Or the flavor of the month in Mel Tucker who has a career record of 14-12.  

He's the absolute last guy I want LSU to hire.  Only looking at career record will get you in a lot of trouble.

Dude is currently undefeated after inheriting a really bad roster last year.  In his only full recruiting cycle at MSU, he crushed the transfer portal to where his team is sitting 7-0.

And he currently has MSU 17th in the country in recruiting.  They usually sit in the 30s.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not saying he is bad, I am just saying that he is not as good as you and many others make him out to be. HE did all that at FSU in a weak ACC.  I do think he is a pretty good QB developer and a great recruiter when motivated, but otherwise am not blown away with him.  I don't fear Jimbo. I think they could do worse, I also think they could do better. HE does have the ability to change my mind if he stays at aTm and continues to improve them and win.

Acc is always weak no? How is when he was in the ACC any different than Clemson now? One dominant team and the rest are mehhhh?

52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Acc is always weak no? How is when he was in the ACC any different than Clemson now? One dominant team and the rest are mehhhh?

I didnt say it was. I said he did that in a weak ACC....I didn't say it was any better now or then. It's a weak conference.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:12 AM, Brad_ATX said:

The rumor that is picking up steam is Jimbo.  Remember, he does not have a buyout clause.  Can walk for free.

He doesn't have a buy out clause?! What in the world Texas A&M

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
38 minutes ago, DAG said:

He doesn't have a buy out clause?! What in the world Texas A&M

Sure doesn’t. He could walk out today and go coach the rest of the season at LSU and aTm wouldn’t get a penny from what I understand 

30 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Sure doesn’t. He could walk out today and go coach the rest of the season at LSU and aTm wouldn’t get a penny from what I understand 

And aTx did that for JIMBO FISHER. Hahahahahaha

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

And I bet he has the same agent as Gus and NS 

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Damn. I didn’t know that Leath had been the president at TAMU too….

• Haha 2

I think TAMU going back to the trash heap, esp recruiting, and LSU becoming marginally better, is preferable than Fisher remaining where he is and them potentially landing a real head coach finally. 

The rationale people use about Auburn's past few coaching hires as compared to Harsin REALLY applies to LSU's situation post Saban. They've been doing this with goobers.