If LSU implodes...

Zeek

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

- Bringing girlfriends and their kids to practice and allowing kids to take part in drills during practice.

-Hitting on the pregnant wife of a prominent LSU board member

- Putting in minimal time around the football complex

Is this considered unprofessional behavior? Asking for a friend….

• Haha 3

Guest MustardSeed

LSU and Florida message boards are in complete meltdown. Florida will almost certainly be 4-4 after their next game. It’s time to make some gains on their recruits. 

5 hours ago, fredst said:

Is this considered unprofessional behavior? Asking for a friend….

Dude. If "your friend" is letting "your friend's friends'" kids participate in "your friend's" practice....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

LSU and Florida message boards are in complete meltdown. Florida will almost certainly be 4-4 after their next game. It’s time to make some gains on their recruits. 

But, but, but...Mullen is a genius. He told me himself!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This is probably typical Thamel nonsense. They looked pretty inspired to me yesterday.

Yep, it's always a good idea to believe the exact opposite of what he puts out.

Color me skeptical of the mass exodus of LSU players. They may loss a couple this year with guys just being upset that the coaches they formed relationships with got fired....but i imagine LSU will hire a new coach before the season is done and that coach will have time to pull the class back together. The loyalty those kids in Louisiana have to the LSU is uncanny 

Just now, gravejd said:

Color me skeptical of the mass exodus of LSU players. They may loss a couple this year with guys just being upset that the coaches they formed relationships with got fired....but i imagine LSU will hire a new coach before the season is done and that coach will have time to pull the class back together. The loyalty those kids in Louisiana have to the LSU is uncanny 

LSU will hire a good coach.  Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly are rumored to be at the top of the list.  Hell, they are paying their Women's Basketball coach $3 Mil per year.  I bet the next football hire will be at least $8.5 - $10 Mil.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dude. If "your friend" is letting "your friend's friends'" kids participate in "your friend's" practice....

Yeah. In this case it seems that Little Coach O was making most of the decisions for Big Coach O….

• Haha 7

On 10/7/2021 at 7:39 PM, AUwent said:

Who would you bet on?

Kiffen

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Kiffen

Aranda would be the better hire with less potential for drama IMO. I’d also go after Fickel if I were them. Having said that, I hope they hire Butch Jones

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tinman said:

LSU will hire a good coach.  Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly are rumored to be at the top of the list.  Hell, they are paying their Women's Basketball coach $3 Mil per year.  I bet the next football hire will be at least $8.5 - $10 Mil.

The rumor that is picking up steam is Jimbo.  Remember, he does not have a buyout clause.  Can walk for free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The rumor that is picking up steam is Jimbo.  Remember, he does not have a buyout clause.  Can walk for free.

God I would love this. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

That would be hilarious.   I like the Aggies, good people, but that would be great drama!   Pass the popcorn.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Jimbo must know that his recruiting advantage in Texas is gone once UTw enters the conference.  

This and he gets another mega deal before he is found to be a sightly above average coach. Guy is Mark Richt 2.0. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Butthead said:

Jimbo must know that his recruiting advantage in Texas is gone once UTw enters the conference.  

Would love for LSU to bring that cancer in to their program

• Like 1

There's an SI article by Ross Dellenger, who used to be LSU's best beat writer, about the whole situation. Some of those notes have been discussed here. A couple new ones.

He didn't get along with Pelini. Pelini thought he was above getting feedback and was non-communicative.

After the UCLA game, Coach O said something along the lines of "they can come in and fire me right now" within earshot of the AD Woodward. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Would love for LSU to bring that cancer in to their program

First thought went through my head when I heard that rumor!!!!!

Jimbo might tear it up there recruiting, which can be good enough to keep them relevant and even have a great season or two, but I honestly think he is about as overrated of a coach as comes. He lucked into a NC with crablegs. Turned that program into a an absolute nightmare. He hasn't done anything super impressive at aTm even with UTa being as down as they have been in my lifetime. 

Come on Coonasses....replace the cajun cookie monster with the go cart crew chief. Please!!!!

Jimbo Fisher, Lincoln Riley or Brian Kelley leaving where they are to go to LSU doesn't make any sense. That's at best a lateral move and probably a step down for any of the three in the eyes of most people in the college football world.  LSU can do better with Fickell from Cincy.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Jimbo Fisher, Lincoln Riley or Brian Kelley leaving where they are to go to LSU doesn't make any sense. That's at best a lateral move and probably a step down for any of the three in the eyes of most people in the college football world.  LSU can do better with Fickell from Cincy.

Jimbo going actually makes a ton of sense.  He's about to have to directly recruit against Texas and Oklahoma for SEC recruits, plus Houston is now a P5 school.  His recruiting advantage is gone.

LSU and the talent in that state can look mighty attractive when you don't have another conference school in the borders.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Jimbo going actually makes a ton of sense.  He's about to have to directly recruit against Texas and Oklahoma for SEC recruits, plus Houston is now a P5 school.  His recruiting advantage is gone.

LSU and the talent in that state can look mighty attractive when you don't have another conference school in the borders.

I agree. I could also justify the move for Lincoln Riley. Him at Oklahoma has a talent and recruiting advantage over the Big 12, but with the upcoming move to big boy ball,  SEC gives a better recruiting advantage than Oklahoma IMO so I could definitely see him making the move. 

I can't however see Brian Kelley making the move. I don't see him in the SEC period. 

I think LSU swings at Jimbo, Lincoln, Urban, and Mario, but ultimately I don't think they get any of those. There are a lot of issues going on in BR right now. Not to take away from the job, just pointing out the obvious. I think Mel Tucker is the next LSU coach when it is said and done if I had to bet right now.

• Like 1