* Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread

abw0004

1 minute ago, e808 said:

3 there and u need one fg, TD and 2points. That fade to drob killed the entire drive

They must think that if we throw it enough times... it is bound to get caught eventually....

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yeah, there aren't 14 drops. Bo Nix has only had 14 incompletions and he's thrown several passes away and several passes to the feet of the RB.

Maybe closer to 9.  Just going off official stats

1 minute ago, e808 said:

3 there and u need one fg, TD and 2points. That fade to drob killed the entire drive

It wasn’t a fade. A fade goes over everyone’s head. That was a back shoulder pass. Bo tried to sneak one in and DRob was clueless. 

I realize we're looking at what will likely be an insurmountable deficit right now, but I'm more encouraged than discouraged.

First of all, both our offensive and defensive lines are playing well enough to win this game.

Even Bo Nix is playing well enough to win it, although there is certainly room for improvement in his game.

Play calling is much improved.

Based on the performance in this game at this point in the season, what we need more than anything is a WR corps that can catch the ball. We'd be possibly winning this game right now if we just had that, all other mistakes equal.

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

We're still fighting hard. If we make them punt the first possession we are still in this thing

I am actually in good spirits because this is all fixable things tbh.

• Like 3

Reason I'm pissed is because we actually looked like we belonged. Great game plan and we didn't look totally outmatched. Just stupid mistakes which allowed them to overpower us. Hopefully Harsin gives them a chewing

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

We're still fighting hard. If we make them punt the first possession we are still in this thing

We have to get to the 4th within one score.  Then we have a real shot.

I just don't see it unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

It wasn’t a fade. A fade goes over everyone’s head. That was a back shoulder pass. Bo tried to sneak one in and DRob was clueless. 

Either way he isn’t the guy for either play. It’s like was rinse and repeat

1 minute ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

When refs can influence a 7-3 game to be 17-3, they have too much power to be so incompetent 

It's not incompetence. It's corruption.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

or maybe stop saying the same dang stuff. He was targeted and dropped a catchable TD. He was targeted again and made a decent catch. For all we know, he has been under several options but UGA is pretty dang good and I am sure they watched the film last week of him gaining 100 yards, so they are probably keying on him. If you noticed when he caught that streak route, which was a perfect placed throw, CKS went off on his LB. There is a reason for that.

Or maybe realize he’s the best receiving threat on this team.  Oh I’m sorry that the TD throw was thrown behind him.  I must’ve missed where he clearly has been the most consistent receiving threat on this team.  I’ve seen him open quite a few times and at this point with the drops by the other players, giving him 1:1 opportunities wouldn’t be a bad thing. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

We have to get to the 4th within one score.  Then we have a real shot.

I just don't see it unfortunately.

Either way, need to prove we can score a TD. 

Just now, DAG said:

They don't believe in nix deep. There will be opportunities for big plays.....now we have to actually make them....but they are there. Two mistakes and we are on top and all the pressure will be on them

• Like 3

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

It's not incompetence. It's corruption.

I mean, was it also corruption when the SEC refs didn't even look at what appeared to be an incomplete pass a few weeks ago vs Ga State on the game winning drive?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I actually thought it was an inside throw so that drob would use inside leverage 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It's the little s***. Drops. Half-acre holes in the zone that they seem to constrict on late in the game. The win is there. It's on the table.

• Like 1