Worst Hands for a team I've ever seen

AUght2win

Agree… kind of hard to have a chance to win this game if you can’t catch the ball.  Refs didn’t help either, but I don’t blame them.  It’s the drops, o-line, and d-line.  The UGA QB had all day today.  

• Like 1

Drops were horrible and critical.

The QB was applying a bit too much mustard on a lot of them, but, still have to catch the football.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It devastated us today. We may not have won anyway, but it was the primary reason it wasn't close.

- Shenker drops open touchdown. 

- Shivers drops first down, which is intercepted for UGA's first momentum play of the game.

- Shedrick drops a crucial post route 20 yards downfield.

- Robertson drops 3rd down pass in 3rs quarter. 

- Robertson drops a 20 yard fade route down sideline. 

Those are just the ones I can remember. It's embarrassing. How could we be this bad in such a simple phase? Can't blame it all on Corn Williams.

I don't think Corn gets canned for players dropping balls. I imagine it's something much more egregious.

I think the only way we solve this problem is write a blank check (metaphorically speaking of course) to all of our top wide receiver recruits. You either got it or you don't. 

• Like 6

QB has to know when to apply the heat and when not to.   Some passes that were drops were on the receiver and some on Bo.   Most were on the receivers, but a couple of halfback throws are why to hard.   The inexcusable is the play when the ball was snapped and #0 was looking at the sideline while the play was coming in his direction.  
Bo Nix is the grammar school kid that is on ADHD medicine.   He is out of control.    Makes a fantastic play one minute and looks like he’s never played on another 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

Agree… kind of hard to have a chance to win this game if you can’t catch the ball.  Refs didn’t help either, but I don’t blame them.  It’s the drops, o-line, and d-line.  The UGA QB had all day today.  

I can accept the O Line and D Line play. That's just being outplayed. But catching the ball is individual focus and effort. UGA didn't force us to drop the ball. We did it to ourselves.

And honestly, if we catch all the balls we needed to, the game may come down to the wire even with the line play.

• Like 9

The first drive throw to Shenker could have been better. It was high and took him back into the defender. There were a couple of high throws, but I saw too many drops to think even a perfect throw would have made much of a difference. This team just can’t seem to get all 11 executing together at any point of the game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

QB has to know when to apply the heat and when not to.   Some passes that were drops were on the receiver and some on Bo.   Most were on the receivers, but a couple of halfback throws are why to hard.   The inexcusable is the play when the ball was snapped and #0 was looking at the sideline while the play was coming in his direction.  
Bo Nix is the grammar school kid that is on ADHD medicine.   He is out of control.    Makes a fantastic play one minute and looks like he’s never played on another 

Maybe Harsin told him "Go out there and play like you've never played before!" and he took it to heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

At this level the QB needs to use heat. Except for maybe the short range swing passes to the backs, as you said.

There's no excuse for guys dropping balls 10, 15, 20 yards away. I don't care if it's coming out of a bazooka. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nontoxic said:

The first drive throw to Shenker could have been better. It was high and took him back into the defender. There were a couple of high throws, but I saw too many drops to think even a perfect throw would have made much of a difference. This team just can’t seem to get all 11 executing together at any point of the game.

It could have been better but it also wasn't that difficult a grab. If it ever hits you in the hands, it should be caught. Most SEC receivers and tight ends catch that ball.

• Like 3

Our receivers didn't have a whole lot of experience coming into this year and a lot of people were concerned and it shows. Offensive line is terrible as well. We can't run the ball, receivers can't catch and Oline can't block. I'm hopeful this is an eye opener for Hars. We need to double down on the recruiting side and start up front. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I always chuckle when I hear this. If you had to catch a ball from a college qb or pro qb, you’d be surprise at how hard it’s thrown every time. Windows are tight. The ball is humming.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Our receivers didn't have a whole lot of experience coming into this year and a lot of people were concerned and it shows. Offensive line is terrible as well. We can't run the ball, receivers can't catch and Oline can't block. I'm hopeful this is an eye opener for Hars. We need to double down on the recruiting side and start up front. 

It isn't just the receivers. Shenker dropped some this week and last week. Shivers dropped some big ones. Tank dropped some last week. It's the whole team. 

• Like 1

That td miss to the TE was a bad read and throw.  Should have been a easy TD to the HB who was wide open and would have walked to the endzone. The int was way too hot for the short throw. Some drops were definitely on the receiver's but Bo has to make better throws.  Watch our opponents and the touch and accuracy, then look at Bo. It's like he is way too pumped up. Blame goes both ways...

• Like 4

Just now, shabby said:

They seem to catch better when Finley is throwing to them?

You mean Canion and Capers? 
We would all like to see them catch more balls from, well , anyone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

That td miss to the TE was a bad read and throw.  Should have been a easy TD to the HB who was wide open and would have walked to the endzone. The int was way too hot for the short throw. Some drops were definitely on the receiver's but Bo has to make better throws.  Watch our opponents and the touch and accuracy, then look at Bo. It's like he is way too pumped up. Blame goes both ways...

Nah. Just nah. Bo didn't play great, but to act like our D1 athletes shouldn't be able to catch a football unless it's thrown perfectly and soft is so sad. Just call it what it is and stop letting our guys off the hook. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I always chuckle when I hear this. If you had to catch a ball from a college qb or pro qb, you’d be surprise at how hard it’s thrown every time. Windows are tight. The ball is humming.

Well, you must not have comprehended what I said.   A running back coming out of the backfield 5 yards away from doesn’t take a bazooka throw no matter the level.   The pass to newton was a touch pass.    And I said that most of drops were on the receiver.    The one pass to Shenker should have been caught but it was terrible placement.   The easier throw was to the halfback right in front of him.   

Really the play that best sums up Nix was when the announcers broke down the play on the double move that he gave up on before the double move was even done.   He plays to fast and doesn’t have the patience.   

• Like 3

I don’t think we could have won the game with fewer drops, but I definitely feel like we could have scored 21 on their defense with better receiver play.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Yes and no. They were hard passes but they shouldve been catches. Bo aint the guy. New years bowl is the ultimate goal for him and us, but he played well enough for the w tonight. 

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Well, you must not have comprehended what I said.   A running back coming out of the backfield 5 yards away from doesn’t take a bazooka throw no matter the level.   The pass to newton was a touch pass.    And I said that most of drops were on the receiver.    The one pass to Shenker should have been caught but it was terrible placement.   The easier throw was to the halfback right in front of him.   

Really the play that best sums up Nix was when the announcers broke down the play on the double move that he gave up on before the double move was even done.   He plays to fast and doesn’t have the patience.   

Bo was throwing bullet passes last week to the RB’s out the backfield last week and they didn’t have a problem then. The ball is hitting those guys in the hands. They gotta catch it

• Like 5

Guest MustardSeed
24 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I think the roughly 70 recruits attending today was a big sign that Harsin has fully realized the talent level on this team won’t hold up against the talent level he is facing and he has turned a good bit of focus to recruiting

Bo running for his life doesn’t help.

Not sure if it’s entirely the O-line’s fault either. I am starting to believe Bo is just uncoachable.

He seems to want to roll out every play and sling the ball down field. Several times today he could have stepped up into the pocket but his first move every time is to run to the sideline. I just can’t believe that tendency is encouraged by the coaching staff. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1