Worst Hands for a team I've ever seen

AUght2win

i am seeing where one cat, stan i think saying we dropped 12 to 13 passes. another cat on a different site said it was almost twenty. but we win feew games if we keep dropping them at this rate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I think the roughly 70 recruits attending today was a big sign that Harsin has fully realized the talent level on this team won’t hold up against the talent level he is facing and he has turned a good bit of focus to recruiting

Good to hear. Yeah hope the message is, they'll give you a shot to play now. 

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Good to hear. Yeah hope the message is, they'll give you a shot to play now. 

I think one clear message is our current WR coach has a history that can be retraced to show consistent WR production over many years and that good WR recruits can EASILY come in and start day 1. I think the coaching history can help cover for the poor WR play as a personnel issue more so than coaching

Edited by MustardSeed

Guest MustardSeed
30 minutes ago, shabby said:

They seem to catch better when Finley is throwing to them?

Based on?  He had one meaningful drive that produced. Bos had multiple as well. His completion percentage doesn’t back this up. The only other option then if they aren’t dropping his passes is that he doesn’t get them balls on target to drop as often. Should he be given a chance to prove they might?  Sure. At this point anything is worth a shot. 

1 hour ago, AUx said:

On the bright side, at least they are physically safe. Whatever pandemics may come, the WRs can't catch anything.

You just made me spit out my scotch. It was good scotch too. 

• Haha 1

It's been 5-7 dropped passes by the WRs/TEs/RBs every game. Its costing us points and that has to change. If it's in their catch radius they have to catch it, especially if it hits them right in the hands or stomach. That's what scholarship receivers are suppose to do. I did notice #5 improved on that tonight. 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, hqsi99 said:

You just made me spit out my scotch. It was good scotch too. 

I'm sorry my humor led to alcohol abuse. I hate to see any drop wasted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AUx said:

I'm sorry my humor led to alcohol abuse. I hate to see any drop wasted.

Well if we are not going to stand for any player drops we surely aren’t going to put up with any fan drops either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Well if we are not going to stand for any player drops we surely aren’t going to put up with any fan drops either.

I didn't see that one coming. Walked right into it.

giphy.gif

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

It's been 5-7 dropped passes by the WRs/TEs/RBs every game. Its costing us points and that has to change. If it's in their catch radius they have to catch it, especially if it hits them right in the hands or stomach. That's what scholarship receivers are suppose to do. I did notice #5 improved on that tonight. 

Agreed. And if they can’t catch by the end of the year then maybe they shouldn’t be on scholly here.  I hate to process folks but sometimes people just aren’t a fit and this year with extra 7 transfer rule we should be having serious talks with players who aren’t cutting it and may do better for themselves somewhere else. 

48 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If our starting receivers dropping this many passes then how many are the backups dropping in practice?????

Performance on Saturdays should maybe matter a teensy bit too. I mean, seriously, how much worse could our WRs realistically do than what they're doing right now?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Nah. Just nah. Bo didn't play great, but to act like our D1 athletes shouldn't be able to catch a football unless it's thrown perfectly and soft is so sad. Just call it what it is and stop letting our guys off the hook. 

Read.  Both are to blame. Bo is and always has been inaccurate. Receivers are dropping passes.  Again, I can't make you see something you turn a blind eye to. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Performance on Saturdays should maybe matter a teensy bit too. I mean, seriously, how much worse could our WRs realistically do than what they're doing right now?

I mean, they could drop ALL balls and then maybe not block as well, but again, might as well try to build some depth.

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Already canned the WR coach, whaddaywant?      :jump:

I get that may be tongue in cheek, but there’s a real response. The line continues on down. You start at the top and replace people on the way down  First was the WR coach. Next is the players. Can every single one that isn’t producing and play their backups.   it’s done this way because the entire group is underperforming severely, which is why you don’t bench a player or two but go to the source first and then deal with the players. The source has been dealt with (whether the coach was the source of these issues or not I obviously don’t know but he was the head of the group so it was his responsibility)…now the players must be dealt with, and the only thing that ever really gets players attention is playing time. Take it from them and force them to respond. I believe it’s the only option forward. 

I think some of the drops could've been the result of less than ideal passes, but bottom line is we drop way too many. I think I heard prior to this game that we led the SEC in dropped passes, and I'm sure we retained the title today.

My biggest question is how does a receiver get to the 2nd highest level of football on the planet and not be able to catch the ball?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Well moving forward…

BAMA JUST LOST!!!! 🎉🎉🎉
SEC west is still wide open!!

West is crazy this year. We still control our own destiny. I’m not predicting AU winning the west, but stranger things have happened.

• Haha 1