Worst Hands for a team I've ever seen

AUght2win

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

This is stupid.   I can almost guarantee with certainty that Williams wasn’t let go because players were dropping passes in a game.   If they weren’t practicing things that the head coach thought they should have been, that’s totally different.     

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Of course Bo isn't a top tier QB. Which makes these drops all the more inexcusable and unaffordable. We don't have a good enough QB to drop the passes he actually throws well. 

A "drop" is defined literally as a catchable ball that bounces off a receivers hands or upper body. Everything else is considered a "target". So very literally, yes, a drop is always on the receiver, especially at this level. 

Heck, these guys drill by standing 5 feet from JUGS machines that are firing off lasers, to train specifically for high velocity. Velocity has to be high at this level. Windows are closing, and the quicker you get the ball to your man, the more room he's going to have. You noodle arm a swing pass and Shivers will be eaten alive by a backer. 

If you want to criticize Bo, there's plenty to criticize. But don't sit here and tell me an SEC quarterback "throws too hard". That says a lot about either your ignorance of the game or your low opinion of our receivers. Either way, you've got this one way wrong. Let's have a little accountability that goes beyond the quarterback. 

First, I did and do account for obvious drops by our WR,s.  2nd I stated THE pass to Shivers was too hard, not every pass. 3rd every ball that hits the hands doesn't make it catchable there is a time to throw a laser and a time to throw with touch. Good QBs know when to do both. So again you are incorrect.

We are talking about wr drops and this fantasy that if the ball hits you in the hands you should catch. Inaccurate passes are not on the receiver, to say otherwise is asinine.  Odell Beckham is not in this team. The TD should have been caught and probable would have been with a better pass but more importantly is the miss of a wide open JAQUEZ HINTER  who would have walked in. 

Lastly, careful with assumptions about someone's intelligence or lack thereof.  Your character shows when you resolve to trying to make someone seem less than you to try to prove a point. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

First, I did and do account for obvious drops by our WR,s.  2nd I stated THE pass to Shivers was too hard, not every pass. 3rd every ball that hits the hands doesn't make it catchable 

Just absolutely false. It's like saying "every error in baseball isn't the fielder's fault". No. It actually is. That's why is scored as an error.

A drop is recorded as a drop because it should be caught. A drop is when the ball hits the receiver in the hands or basket of the upper body. 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Just absolutely false. It's like saying "every error in baseball isn't the fielder's fault". No. It actually is. That's why is scored as an error.

A drop is recorded as a drop because it should be caught. A drop is when the ball hits the receiver in the hands or basket of the upper body. 

How is it false? Since you want to use a different sport by your analogy .

In basketball, according to your logic, every ball that hits the rim should be a made basket regardless of how inaccurate it is, correct? See how unrealistic that statement is?

Even players who make millions to catch a ball does not catch every inaccurate throw that hit them in the hands. Either your expectations are completely unreasonable or your analogy is incorrect. I'll go with the later..have a good night sir.

Edited by tbone4jc

58 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

How is it false? Since you want to use a different sport by your analogy .

In basketball, according to your logic, every ball that hits the rim should be a made basket regardless of how inaccurate it is, correct? See how unrealistic that statement is?

Even players who make millions to catch a ball does not catch every inaccurate throw that hit them in the hands. Either your expectations are completely unreasonable or your analogy is incorrect. I'll go with the later..have a good night sir.

Saying "an inaccurate ball that hit their hands" is like saying "an accurate ball that was thrown 10 yards out of bounds". 

Here is our wideout star power at 4 star and above:

Demetris Robertson: .9905 (5-star)

Kobe Hudson: .9509 (4-star)

Ze'Vian Capers: .9389 (4-star)

Malcolm Johnson Jr.: .9189 (4-star)

Ja'Varrius Johnson: .8914 (4-star)

On 10/10/2021 at 8:50 AM, MustardSeed said:

I think the roughly 70 recruits attending today was a big sign that Harsin has fully realized the talent level on this team won’t hold up against the talent level he is facing and he has turned a good bit of focus to recruiting

At the wide receiver position we currently have 4, four star receivers and 1, five star receiver. Check the current top 25 and see how many schools have that kind of talent at wide-out. 

The season is still young, and the jury is still out on Harsin, but I just don’t see where Bobo is this big upgrade from what we’ve had the past several years. As far as recruiting goes, some concerns. Look at where he finished last year, and look at where we’re at now. There’s a chance at this point we may be a top 15 or top 20 recruiting class, with over half of the SEC finishing ahead of us. I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

Some of what every sports site in the country is saying… The consensus sure seems to be… It was dropped passes. Not passes that were thrown too hard. LMAO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Dropped-passes-hinder-Tigers-chances-of-upset-bid-vs-UGA-172724711/Amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/auburnwire.usatoday.com/lists/auburn-football-losers-from-auburn-vs-georgia/amp/

Auburn dropped at least eight passes on Saturday. Eight. That’s inexcusable at the high school level. Much less at an SEC school that sees itself as one of the best teams in the conference.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.collegeandmagnolia.com/platform/amp/2021/10/10/22719996/about-last-night-2-georgia-34-18-auburn-10

Apparently Stan White mentioned that Auburn had 12 drops on the radio broadcast yesterday, 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/10/auburns-growing-issue-of-too-many-dropped-passes-needs-to-change.html%3foutputType=amp

Auburn QB Bo Nix did all that he could to keep his team in the game. The junior completed 21 of 38 passes for 217 yards and an interception, but he didn't get much help from a receiving corps that suffered from countless drops and a rushing attack that couldn't get the offense in favorable down and distances. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-vs-auburn-score-takeaways-no-2-dawgs-handle-tigers-with-another-bruising-defensive-effort/live/amp/

I could go on, but hopefully you’re getting the picture.

• Like 2

On the "throwing too hard" argument, if Bo had thrown the ball with less velocity on most of the referenced throws, you're looking at a pick six...especially on at least one of the drops by Shivers. 

These receivers need to be able to catch the ball, especially against a quick, disciplined defense like UGA. If they can't, we need to find some who can. 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2021 at 7:22 PM, AUx said:

On the bright side, at least they are physically safe. Whatever pandemics may come, the WRs can't catch anything.

Hey I made this joke on Saturday too!

Auburn probably scores 17-21 points had they actually caught balls. 

• Haha 1

Discussions such as this you can tell the difference of people that actually have tried doing what's discussed and people that did it playing video games and don't know.

Like I said before it's like physics working a problem ideal without friction and heat losses, gravity and actually solving a problem with those things....lot more work to solve or even discuss because you deal with......reality

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

First, I did and do account for obvious drops by our WR,s.  2nd I stated THE pass to Shivers was too hard, not every pass. 3rd every ball that hits the hands doesn't make it catchable there is a time to throw a laser and a time to throw with touch. Good QBs know when to do both. So again you are incorrect.

We are talking about wr drops and this fantasy that if the ball hits you in the hands you should catch. Inaccurate passes are not on the receiver, to say otherwise is asinine.  Odell Beckham is not in this team. The TD should have been caught and probable would have been with a better pass but more importantly is the miss of a wide open JAQUEZ HINTER  who would have walked in. 

Lastly, careful with assumptions about someone's intelligence or lack thereof.  Your character shows when you resolve to trying to make someone seem less than you to try to prove a point. 

The pass to Shivers was not to hard. He just did not make the catch. He also had another one later on that he dropped.  Agree with the fact that on the non catch by Shenker should have been thrown to Hunter. He was open around the 5.

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Discussions such as this you can tell the difference of people that actually have tried doing what's discussed and people that did it playing video games and don't know

I didn't realize you played WR in the SEC. I thought previously you just mentioned playing DB in high school

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

The pass to Shivers was not to hard.

Yes it was. It was still catchable, but unnecessarily difficult to catch. Even Aaron Murray- a quarterback- said it was a bad throw.

To the people who say "if it hits you in the hands you're supposed to catch it", it's fine for you- as a fan- to say that. Because that is a thing that fans say. Nobody in football says that, because it's not true. But feel free to wave your hands around and scream that you're a fan who doesn't actually know much about the sport. That's your right, as a fan. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

To the people who say "if it hits you in the hands you're supposed to catch it",

This is really just nothing more than worthless coach speak

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I didn't realize you played WR in the SEC. I thought previously you just mentioned playing DB in high school

See? No you don't have to play in the SEC to understand the velocity of a ball on a delayed screen matters. You don't have to play in the SEC to understand just how difficult it is to turn on one side over the shoulder and then try to turn to the other at the last minute because of a bad throw and catch it.....you do have to have experience it though to understand.

You see if you just watch it and say well it hit the hands.....you don't understand it took unbelievable coordination to make that happen, the actual getting hands on it.

It's no different than people who complain about missing a lay up, or missing a dunk, or dribbling a ball.....if you watch it.....yeah how can you miss that? Yet you see professionals do it every day. Because there are factors that if you haven't done it you just don't know. 

And I don't care if it hurts feelings or not it's reality of life. I'm not a professional mechanic, but my grandfather was and sorry I'm going to be more knowledgeable about stuff I was taught than a person that never worked on things before. Even though we are both not certified mechanics. As much as you love to argue it's surprising you'd throw such a weak argument out.

Oh and you don't know me, I didn't play football out of choice. But make no mistake if you want to know I was easily a D1 level athlete. Nobody that knows me would dispute it. I've competed with a large list of D1 athletes and worked out with them, and now have help mentor a few. Could care less how you don't like it but I know what's the more difficult things to do in the game

Doing a double over the shoulder full speed adjustment it's much harder than a one hand catch. Easy. If you haven't ever done it just looking at the ball hit your hands you may not know that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See? No you don't have to play in the SEC to understand the velocity of a ball on a delayed screen matters. You don't have to play in the SEC to understand just how difficult it is to turn on one side over the shoulder and then try to turn to the other at the last minute because of a bad throw and catch it.....you do have to have experience it though to understand.

You see if you just watch it and say well it hit the hands.....you don't understand it took unbelievable coordination to make that happen, the actual getting hands on it.

It's no different than people who complain about missing a lay up, or missing a dunk, or dribbling a ball.....if you watch it.....yeah how can you miss that? Yet you see professionals do it every day. Because there are factors that if you haven't done it you just don't know. 

And I don't care if it hurts feelings or not it's reality of life. I'm not a professional mechanic, but my grandfather was and sorry I'm going to be more knowledgeable about stuff I was taught than a person that never worked on things before. Even though we are both not certified mechanics. As much as you love to argue it's surprising you'd throw such a weak argument out.

Oh and you don't know me, I didn't play football out of choice. But make no mistake if you want to know I was easily a D1 level athlete. Nobody that knows me would dispute it. I've competed with a large list of D1 athletes and worked out with them, and now have help mentor a few. Could care less how you don't like it but I know what's the more difficult things to do in the game

Doing a double over the shoulder full speed adjustment it's much harder than a one hand catch. Easy. If you haven't ever done it just looking at the ball hit your hands you may not know that. 

It's a wild assumption to think no one else here played HS football 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes it was. It was still catchable, but unnecessarily difficult to catch. Even Aaron Murray- a quarterback- said it was a bad throw.

To the people who say "if it hits you in the hands you're supposed to catch it", it's fine for you- as a fan- to say that. Because that is a thing that fans say. Nobody in football says that, because it's not true. But feel free to wave your hands around and scream that you're a fan who doesn't actually know much about the sport. That's your right, as a fan. 

That's something said like free throws are free and you don't fumble the ball..it's great to tell yourself that and you definitely play with that mentality so you don't argue it, but you will NEVER achieve that. It's just hilarious to me how people you know that can't do it on that level can be so hard on that.

There are too many drops. And we have to get better. But this is so far from it has nothing to do with this guy over here it's it's them! It's not even funny. I literally just finished watching a highlight of Hill dropping a pass and mahomes was picked. It looks THE EXACT SAME as shivers play except this was a pick 6

IT'S PART OF THE GAME! ALL QB's deal with this. The best teams are the teams that make the fewest impactful mistakes. The offenses with the wr with the best hands AND the QB's with the most accurate arm are going to be the most successful more often than not. That's it

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It's a wild assumption to think no one else here played HS football 

Yeah this is where I'd ask you to quote me saying that.....but weboth know where that would go...you wouldn't be able to do it and then you'd try to deflect to something else because of your tendency to jump into arguments you don't have an idea about. Then you'd have to rely on somebody else that's mad about an argument two years ago to jump in and cause a bunch of confusion

So I'm not going to ask you to do that. I'm just going to laugh that you even stated someone said that.

And I actually practiced with a D 1 team and no exaggeration I've literally started working out with D2 football and basketball players ever since I was a freshman in high school. I doubt if you can find many that can say that. 

But we can always ask @Malcolm_FleX48 if I'm lying about anything.....he certainly played. 

• Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So you are another one of these " I know more than everyone else". I have never said that if a ball hits someone's hands they should always catch it. That's crazy. I guess it is your right to be an expert in your own mind.  I was at the game. The ball should have been caught.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

So you are another one of these " I know more than everyone else". I have never said that if a ball hits someone's hands they should always catch it. That's crazy. I guess it is your right to be an expert in your own mind.  I was at the game. The ball should have been caught.

That's why I clearly separated my response to you from the rest of the post and specifically addressed "those who .." Settile down.

As for thinking that being at the game gives you a better angle than the many different angles I saw on tv, cool.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ask Murray what happens if Nix takes anything off that ball. If he just flips it out there ti is a pick six and best case Shiver's catches it and gets rocked for a loss. The ball had to beat the defender there and give him room to start running.

I know that a lot of people have already said this, but the whole "If it touches your hands, you should catch it" thing is ridiculous. It is an ideal to which players strive, but understand is unrealistic. Great receivers think that they can catch anything and convince themselves that they will catch anything they touch. Those same receivers will drop passes. Some times it will be their fault for their positioning and reaction. Some times it will be the quarter back not putting good touch or being inaccurate.

It is not a ridiculous concept to talk about Bo when you talk about dropped passes. You can say statistically a dropped pass means it catchable, but that doesn't mean much past the website its posted on. There is always more context than just the stats. Bo is involved in these dropped passes. The receivers are involved in the dropped passes.  They all need to do better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RHN1975 said:

Ask Murray what happens if Nix takes anything off that ball. If he just flips it out there ti is a pick six and best case Shiver's catches it and gets rocked for a loss. The ball had to beat the defender there and give him room to start running.

Lol at there being no middle ground between "just flipping it out there" and trying to break Worm's wrists. Regardless, there wasn't much danger of a defender getting in front of it at all. And yes, exactly, a perfect pass would have led Worm in addition to having some touch on it.

This conversation is awful.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Has anyone else noticed that the complaint is about WR drops but the most discussed drops in the game on this thread revolve around a rb and a te?!!!!!     😀😀😀😀😀😀

I will show myself out…..

• Like 2