Worst Hands for a team I've ever seen

AUght2win

Some strange appeals to authority in this thread. Take the Shivers play, for instance. Both Rick Neuheisel and Aaron Murray had different takes. Both have resumes that trump anyone commenting in this thread. Sometimes, reasonable minds can differ. And, two things can be true at the same time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol at there being no middle ground between "just flipping it out there" and trying to break Worm's wrists. Regardless, there wasn't much danger of a defender getting in front of it at all. And yes, exactly, a perfect pass would have led Worm in addition to having some touch on it.

This conversation is awful.

Lol I like the ask Murray part when Murray was the one who said it was too hard.

I'm out. It will be either or

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See? No you don't have to play in the SEC to understand the velocity of a ball on a delayed screen matters. You don't have to play in the SEC to understand just how difficult it is to turn on one side over the shoulder and then try to turn to the other at the last minute because of a bad throw and catch it.....you do have to have experience it though to understand.

You see if you just watch it and say well it hit the hands.....you don't understand it took unbelievable coordination to make that happen, the actual getting hands on it.

It's no different than people who complain about missing a lay up, or missing a dunk, or dribbling a ball.....if you watch it.....yeah how can you miss that? Yet you see professionals do it every day. Because there are factors that if you haven't done it you just don't know. 

And I don't care if it hurts feelings or not it's reality of life. I'm not a professional mechanic, but my grandfather was and sorry I'm going to be more knowledgeable about stuff I was taught than a person that never worked on things before. Even though we are both not certified mechanics. As much as you love to argue it's surprising you'd throw such a weak argument out.

Oh and you don't know me, I didn't play football out of choice. But make no mistake if you want to know I was easily a D1 level athlete. Nobody that knows me would dispute it. I've competed with a large list of D1 athletes and worked out with them, and now have help mentor a few. Could care less how you don't like it but I know what's the more difficult things to do in the game

Doing a double over the shoulder full speed adjustment it's much harder than a one hand catch. Easy. If you haven't ever done it just looking at the ball hit your hands you may not know that. 

The vast majority of these balls hit them in the hands and should have been caught period. They didn't require any adjustment they were just dropped. If they are not diving or having to change sides at the last second there is no excuse. Just like any other part of life there is no excuse for failure on a basic fundamental portion of your job. 

I was also not a college athlete by choice. My choice was to not go to the couple of DII's as an invited walk-on to play baseball because at the time I had a school I was in love with and made a decision based on that. Definitely wasn't good enough for the old teams at USA. That being said just because I have been there doesn't mean I accepted excuses from my daughter or her teammates we coached for not making routine plays. Winners make routine plays or work until the point they can. Winners make difficult plays a 50/50 proposition. Winners make insane plays possible. By focusing on the routine the tougher stuff naturally followed. Not accepting the excuses above is probably a big reason why 10 out of the 12 girls we had way back in 8U-10U are college athletes now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Some strange appeals to authority in this thread. Take the Shivers play, for instance. Both Rick Neuheisel and Aaron Murray had different takes. Both have resumes that trump anyone commenting in this thread. Sometimes, reasonable minds can differ. And, two things can be true at the same time. 

Your last sentence is really the only point I'm trying to make.

Neuheisel said some strange things during that broadcast. I talked to Mrs. Loof about it during the game.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol at there being no middle ground between "just flipping it out there" and trying to break Worm's wrists. Regardless, there wasn't much danger of a defender getting in front of it at all. And yes, exactly, a perfect pass would have led Worm in addition to having some touch on it.

This conversation is awful.

You act like that was the only one. He had multiple drops and I'm not counting the ones Nix hit him in the back with to avoid a sack. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

routine plays

Is anyone arguing about routine plays? 

Is anyone defending D Robertson's drop right before Bo went right back to him (with an absolutely stunning throw) in whatever quarter that was? Is anyone defending the 2nd Worm play?

It's just weird that the only two plays anyone wants to talk about- the pick off of Worm's hands and the Shenker play- are the ones where it would have taken decidedly non-routine play on the part of the receiver to catch the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Your last sentence is really the only point I'm trying to make.

Neuheisel said some strange things during that broadcast. I talked to Mrs. Loof about it during the game.

It was a strange crew overall, but apparently CBS knew what they were doing. That Bama game was nuts. 

And, same here. Anyway, I'm one of the few who is in the "I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing" camp, despite the poor execution by players. 

• Like 1

You act like that was the only one. He had multiple drops and I'm not counting the ones Nix hit him in the back with to avoid a sack. 

Lol. You responded to me about that specific play. See above. 

Definitely done here.

• Like 1

The vast majority of these balls hit them in the hands and should have been caught period. They didn't require any adjustment they were just dropped. If they are not diving or having to change sides at the last second there is no excuse. Just like any other part of life there is no excuse for failure on a basic fundamental portion of your job. 

I was also not a college athlete by choice. My choice was to not go to the couple of DII's as an invited walk-on to play baseball because at the time I had a school I was in love with and made a decision based on that. Definitely wasn't good enough for the old teams at USA. That being said just because I have been there doesn't mean I accepted excuses from my daughter or her teammates we coached for not making routine plays. Winners make routine plays or work until the point they can. Winners make difficult plays a 50/50 proposition. Winners make insane plays possible. By focusing on the routine the tougher stuff naturally followed. Not accepting the excuses above is probably a big reason why 10 out of the 12 girls we had way back in 8U-10U are college athletes now. 

Right and if they drop a ball in college they were still winners. I'm not sure what your argument is. I'm talking about the plays that people are saying routine that weren't routine. I said we have to improve there are too many drops and after all that you said is said and done there are drops on every level so the if it hit your hand thing is more of a mantra than an actually realistic thing. 

We agree

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

And, same here. Anyway, I'm one of the few who is in the "I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing" camp, despite the poor execution by players. 

My ultimate takeaway is that this coaching staff could have won that game with better players at certain positions. (The only issue that gives me pause is that frickin' McClonkadonk kid abusing our secondary. I'm hoping JMR or Bird or someone speaks to that because I'm confused.) 

The recruiting thing is a whole 'nother issue yet to be determined but I thought our game day management was light years beyond what we've seen for the better part of the last 15 years. 

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

My ultimate takeaway is that this coaching staff could have won that game with better players at certain positions. (The only issue that gives me pause is that frickin' McClonkadonk kid abusing our secondary. I'm hoping JMR or Bird or someone speaks to that because I'm confused.) 

The recruiting thing is a whole 'nother issue yet to be determined but I thought our game day management was light years beyond what we've seen for the better part of the last 15 years. 

Agreed on all fronts, and I'd like someone to explain to me what the hell is going on in our secondary as well. Read something earlier this morning about us being ranked one hundred and something in the country in passes defended and passes broken up. 

That might be a product of zone coverage, I don't know. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah this is where I'd ask you to quote me saying that.....but weboth know where that would go

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Discussions such as this you can tell the difference of people that actually have tried doing what's discussed and people that did it playing video games and don't know.

This is a passive aggressive shot at people who don't agree with you & saying they "haven't play football".

58 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And I actually practiced with a D 1 team and no exaggeration I've literally started working out with D2 football and basketball players ever since I was a freshman in high school

I've worked out with and wrestled a lot of D1 wrestlers and some all-americans.  I'm not going to claim I know everything about D1 wrestling or being an all-american.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Has anyone else noticed that the complaint is about WR drops but the most discussed drops in the game on this thread revolve around a rb and a te?!!!!!     😀😀😀😀😀😀

I will show myself out…..

Is it?  The OP lists out every position 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It was a strange crew overall, but apparently CBS knew what they were doing. That Bama game was nuts. 

What are you seeing that's encouraging? I've been on the wait and see side. I have one more game but to be honest I don't think it's going to change the fact we are trying to dumb down stuff and hide our QB. I just don't think you can be successful and not attack down field.

To me all that does is set you up for inevitable pick or a bunch of 3 and outs and no run game because everybody is going to be so aggressive and just load up

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I am with you about the secondary Nehemiah Pritchett was put on an island with that kid. He was playing him man to man.. didn't work out to good for us. 

Execution is our big problem. The players are not making the plays that are there to make. I am hoping that after this game the coaching staff is going to give the backups some playing time because I can not figure out why Canion is not on the field and why he is not in the starting lineup .. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I have one more game but to be honest I don't think it's going to change the fact we are trying to dumb down stuff and hide our QB. I just don't think you can be successful and not attack down field.

I'm pretty disappointed that We're still throwing 70% of our passes under 10 yards.

Part of that is play calling, maybe for the reason you're stating, but Bo also doesn't let plays develop and let guys come open down field or is scared to throw the ball down field.  Both apply to the pump and go.

I'm pretty sure we're at back to back game where Bo didn't take a single shot downfield...did he???  

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That might be a product of zone coverage, I don't know. 

I saw us playing a lot of man to man Saturday didn't work out great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This is a passive aggressive shot at people who don't agree with you & saying they "haven't play football".

I've worked out with and wrestled a lot of D1 wrestlers and some all-americans.  I'm not going to claim I know everything about D1 wrestling or being an all-american.

No it's not a shot it's a fact that you can't dispel, that there are nuances that aren't being assessed and people are relying on the if it hits your hands. Which you yourself made a comment on but I guess those aren't "shots" when you say it. I simply gave a very good guess why people may make that mistake whereas you just left it up in the air. 

Secondly that still isn't me saying nobody has played high school football. Sooner or later you're going to have to stop being a child and either wait for a person to actually say whatever you have a problem with or you have to ask them is this is what they are saying. But your making up a person saying something grew old a long time ago.

And to your last point I haven't said I knew everything about anything. But one thing is for sure because of that experience you just used you know more than I do about wrestling and anybody else who has never touched a mat. Thanks for making my point.

As I never claimed to be an all American either. The only thing I have claimed is I have practiced and trained with D1 actually a couple of professionals. So I know without a shadow of doubt velocity is a big variable in catching balls and some things to the naked eye that may not seem to be difficult is actually some of the most difficult things to do of all.

Now if you'd like to refute ANYTHING that I actually said I'm game butarguing with you about stuff I didn't say is dumb as hell. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What are you seeing that's encouraging? I've been on the wait and see side. I have one more game but to be honest I don't think it's going to change the fact we are trying to dumb down stuff and hide our QB. I just don't think you can be successful and not attack down field.

To me all that does is set you up for inevitable pick or a bunch of 3 and outs and no run game because everybody is going to be so aggressive and just load up

I thought we had a good plan - at least on the offensive side of the ball, and didn't execute. Having guys in a position to succeed is encouraging to me. Georgia is a really, really good football team, and I thought the score didn't indicate how well we competed. Just didn't execute what the players were being asked to do. A few less drops, a couple better throws, a stop on defense, and we are right in that game. 

My expectations for this season have been very low. I've just wanted to see us compete, and I think we are doing that. That's encouraging to me. Too often in the past, we've looked like we don't belong in some big spots. We just need better players. Hopefully some of the recruits at the game can see that we are a few missing pieces away from being a very good football team. 

• Like 2

As far as Pritchett.....I know it's just part of the job. It sucks that your mistakes is for everybody to see. It's what I actually liked about playing corner, it's the hardest thing to do on a football field imo.....but I'm not upset with him. The plays he was burned on were flawless technique. He reacted. The only guys that's making those plays are guys who run nothing less than a 4.4 and probably is around 6'2" with long arms. 

Just somebody that's physically different. I don't think we have any corner like that on our team

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No it's not a shot it's a fact that you can't dispel, that there are nuances that aren't being assessed and people are relying on the if it hits your hands. Which you yourself made a comment on but I guess those aren't "shots" when you say it. I simply gave a very good guess why people may make that mistake whereas you just left it up in the air. 

Secondly that still isn't me saying nobody has played high school football.

It is a baseless shot or an attack at them claiming "they haven't done it", especially when you haven't done it either.  That's the whole point.

Nearly 99% of the people here "haven't done it".  Playing in HS doesn't count.  Playing with D1 players doesn't count.  Working out with D2 players doesn't count.

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bad QB, bad receivers, maybe okay maybe not offensive line but definitely not good enough to hide the other two... just not a very talented offense outside of RB and maybe TE. (Although I'm hearing more and more that the TEs haven't been playing well overall. Would make sense with Landen King suddenly getting real reps against uga of all teams.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I thought we had a good plan - at least on the offensive side of the ball, and didn't execute. Having guys in a position to succeed is encouraging to me. Georgia is a really, really good football team, and I thought the score didn't indicate how well we competed. Just didn't execute what the players were being asked to do. A few less drops, a couple better throws, a stop on defense, and we are right in that game. 

My expectations for this season have been very low. I've just wanted to see us compete, and I think we are doing that. That's encouraging to me. Too often in the past, we've looked like we don't belong in some big spots. We just need better players. Hopefully some of the recruits at the game can see that we are a few missing pieces away from being a very good football team. 

I gotcha. Pretty much the first half. I see what you are saying and from that perspective I agree. I guess I sort of let people hype me with Bo and I was hoping for something that we may not get. But I also would've bet canion and capers were going to be our starters too. I guess we have to wait for the horses. We don't have too long though.

If it was me and maybe we are doing this but I'd have at least 5 guys and paying them at least 6 figures to find me some diamonds. There's always some Metcalfs and Lawson around. Guys that are from small places that are freaks athletically but raw. That's our best shot right now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It is a baseless shot or an attack at them claiming "they haven't done it", especially when you haven't done it either.  That's the whole point.

Nearly 99% of the people here "haven't done it".  Playing in HS doesn't count.  Playing with D1 players doesn't count.  Working out with D2 players doesn't count.

No it doesn't count to you because you want to make dumb arguments. But actually playing in high school and trying to catch bad throws do count. Because you remember how hard it was and you couldn't do it as opposed to a person that never tried but says it's catching a ball how hard can it be?

If you never tried you don't know anything about how different types of pads may limit your motion, how a helmet makes it difficult to see, how a person running in your peripheral can invoke your reflex to react to take a hit and the slightest flinch makes you miss a ball. 

What we are talking about is catching in a game, not the lifestyle and practice habits of a SEC wr. But if we were I'd still be able to tell you what I saw everyday. 

And LMAO at the word attack. What it is, is a viable and real explanation that you just don't like hearing and you literally have nothing to refute it. 

They have that coach jmr guy who gives his opinions every week and people give it more value because he coached at some level.

But ok. Your feelings were hurt. We understand. Now you have to exaggerate using phrases like all American, and attacked, and know everything, and expert things that coincidentally weren't said to just try to make an argument. More power to you

• Facepalm 1