This needs to change

autiger88

• autiger88 changed the title to This needs to change

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Georgia has won 14 of the last 17 games against Auburn.

The average margin of victory in those 14 games is 18 points.

Auburn has scored 10 points or fewer in eight of those games.

Auburn hasn't finished in the AP Top 20 in consecutive seasons since 2006-2007.

Auburn hasn't won 10+ games in consecutive seasons since 1988-1989.

Auburn is 2-5 in their last seven games against P5 teams.

Especially those last 3. I'm hoping Harsin is the man to do it but damn it's so frustrating to see it written down how bad we actually are since the early to late 2000s🤦 Harsin has got a lot of work to do to change the culture of Auburn football. 

The 10 consecutive games stat is slightly misleading. But yes, we need to do better.

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Especially those last 3. I'm hoping Harsin is the man to do it but damn it's so frustrating to see it written down how bad we actually are since the early to late 2000s🤦 Harsin has got a lot of work to do to change the culture of Auburn football. 

I think that is what we fired Malzahn to do, change things. They have changed just not fast enough for most of us it seems.

• Like 3

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I think that is what we fired Malzahn to do, change things. They have changed just not fast enough for most of us it seems.

It is the reason. Yeah I know and it kills me because he needs time I mean looking at it from this perspective us Auburn fans definitely gotta have patience.

• Like 3

Ever since Richt came, it's just pretty much thrown the program out of wack. Few years where some godsend QB talents and some schemes the conference wasn't ready for, but other than that, we've never been stable.

Forget Alabama, I think we have to figure out Georgia if we're ever going to be consistently (key word) a quarter 1 SEC program again. Recruiting, on the field, coordinator hires, what have you 

• Thanks 1

To win on the field you gotta win in recruiting. There was so many names on Georgia’s side that I recognized from recruiting battles that we obviously lost. 
UGA had an Olineman go down today and was replaced by Broderick Jones who was a 5 star OT smh. These guys literally have 5 star backups 

• Like 4

And I think when you have problems that transcending coaching regimes, it's also really time to look higher. Sometimes non football things affect football things. I can't help but think they're at least sniffing at a 10 win season in 2011 if things aren't altered by the higher ups. That was a team that could fight when put in a good position 

Sadly, they had players out there making plays we can’t make.  Our new staff coupled with the fan base passion can do great things.  Need players.  That’s all. 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And I think when you have problems that transcending coaching regimes, it's also really time to look higher. Sometimes non football things affect football things. I can't help but think they're at least sniffing at a 10 win season in 2011 if things aren't altered by the higher ups. That was a team that could fight when put in a good position 

Lol what?! 2011 was not a good team at all. Should of lost to Utah state. Got blown out by any team that was good.

I do not think anyone could reasonably think Auburn was going to change everything this year. I think we will be better next year but, I do not truly expect things to be turned around till year three of this coaching staff. 

Gus recruited speed at the receiver position without much thought on hands, route running or apparently coaching them up. Also, did not recruit lineman. Give coaches time to get their guys in and establish the culture he wants. I hate waiting but we have no choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

We need more talent. Pretty simple. Recruit. It really is about having more Joe’s.   Period. 

Nothing simple these days regarding recruiting. 

Until we start signing OL who are big, can move we probably aren't going to get many stud offensive players. What top flight QB's, RB's or WR's would want to come to Auburn? 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

Here’s a question. 
What do people really want?  A fast start like 3 of the last 4 coaches, who all got fired for fielding terrible teams or and true building process done right and maybe not have the all the Ws in the first 2 seasons but sustainable 10 win seasons year in and year out?  
Bowden-11-0 first season. Fired for only winning 3 his last year

Chizik-Natty his second year. Fired for completely losing the team 2 years later

Gus MALzahn (serisously should have know where this was headed when he had to have people call him MALzahn but I digress)—played for a Natty year 1. Managed 10 wins one time in the next 7 years

Sure it’d be great to have both but we’ve proven over and over again that instant success for a coach literally means NOTHING long term. I’ll take a coach that scraps everything and rebuilds from the bottom up and may only win 7-8 games the first couple years but finally lays a real foundation that sustains years of success 

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

So to put things into perspective this is what Harsin is up against, I'm hoping Harsin is the man to do it. It's so frustrating to see it written down how bad we have been since the early to late 2000s.🤦Harsin has got a lot of work to do to change the culture of Auburn Football. This is why we need patience.

I agree completely. Hurts to hear and hoping change comes sooner rather than later. Tired of always waiting for “next season”. 

We need to have patience but it’s hard when your two rivals compete for championships every year. No other team in the country can say that. But we will dig ourselves out of this recruiting hole. Like I said this season can still be pretty good and it’ll be smooth sailing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

We need more talent. Pretty simple. Recruit. It really is about having more Joe’s.   Period. 

Yes. And Auburn also needs to exhibit stability in order to recruit well. Chaos is not attractive.

• Love 2

13 hours ago, Sizzle said:

To win on the field you gotta win in recruiting. There was so many names on Georgia’s side that I recognized from recruiting battles that we obviously lost. 
UGA had an Olineman go down today and was replaced by Broderick Jones who was a 5 star OT smh. These guys literally have 5 star backups 

During the game, in the 4th qtr I believe, when things were well in hand for UGA the announcers were praising Coach Smart for his innovating way he develops his players in other things than the Xs and Os.  It implies that other programs don’t do this and we all know they do, but the issue is; what parent wouldn’t want their kid to attend this type of school?  It was a recruiting tool for UGA born out of Coach Smart’s success in changing the culture at UGA in a short period of time.

Auburn fans want the same thing, we just have to wait for Harsin to institute his coaching style to change the culture here at Auburn.  It will take a while so lets enjoy the ride.

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

During the game, in the 4th qtr I believe, when things were well in hand for UGA the announcers were praising Coach Smart for his innovating way he develops his players in other things than the Xs and Os.  It implies that other programs don’t do this and we all know they do, but the issue is; what parent wouldn’t want their kid to attend this type of school?  It was a recruiting tool for UGA born out of Coach Smart’s success in changing the culture at UGA in a short period of time.

Auburn fans want the same thing, we just have to wait for Harsin to institute his coaching style to change the culture here at Auburn.  It will take a while so lets enjoy the ride.

Well said. I’m looking forward to the next few years and won’t destroy the ride with unreasonable expectations along the way. This year is a wash when you look at the history of teams doing proper rebuilds. They almost always have a subpar first year. No need in overreacting to anything this year. Just enjoy the highs and look forward through the lows

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ever since Richt came, it's just pretty much thrown the program out of wack. Few years where some godsend QB talents and some schemes the conference wasn't ready for, but other than that, we've never been stable.

Forget Alabama, I think we have to figure out Georgia if we're ever going to be consistently (key word) a quarter 1 SEC program again. Recruiting, on the field, coordinator hires, what have you 

Yessir. 100% agree. UGA is the key. We have to become relevant in this rivalry again to reach our goals in recruiting as well as competing for championships.

• Like 1