CBH After Game Statement

toddc

Guest MustardSeed

I remember in ‘07 everyone giving Saban a pass because he was having to instill a new culture and the bad games were just because things were changing and players needed time to catch up, that things were having be torn down and built back up and that would guarantee some growing pains. 
If only AU fans would give the same expectation level. How bad is it that we expect a coach in his first year in the SEC to have the team performing better than Saban in his year at Bama after he had already won a natty in the SEC?

We have guys saying we won’t be able to outrecruit Ole Miss because of how we looked against the #2 team in the country and that we should fire the coach now. Some people here are the true definition of “fan” and it shows. 

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, aucom96 said:

It will all come down to recruiting. I like Harsin as a football coach. He certainly doesn't seem reluctant to make tough decisions. But if he can't recruit at a high level, he's going to have a short stay. 

We can't run the ball against anyone with a pulse, our defense gets lit up by every QB they face, our receivers can't catch a cold and our starting QB - gutsy as he is - is still playing high school ball. Harsin has a tough task ahead of him. Culture is the easy part. Talent is the only thing that will get us where we want to be. 

I know fans aren’t ever this patient but even if recruiting lags a little (which judging by today’s visitor list it may not lag as much as originally thought) changing the culture will lead to solid teams that are built right from the ground up and that will in and of itself cause recruiting to improve 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

I know fans aren’t ever this patient but even if recruiting lags a little (which judging by today’s visitor list it may not lag as much as originally thought) changing the culture will lead to solid teams that are built right from the ground up and that will in and of itself cause recruiting to improve 

I'm hoping the recruits weren't turned off by the outcome. It was an impressive guest list.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, AUwent said:

I'm hoping the recruits weren't turned off by the outcome. It was an impressive guest list.

Agreed. Of course each one will respond differently but most usually aren’t looking for the results of one game but where they think they can fit the best and have the best chance at their own future success. Clowney went to USCe. Eli Manning went to OM. We have the program name and a coach that at least is saying the right things. I think we will end up top 20 this year in recruiting and hopefully that parlays into top 10 next year. I don’t think the sky is falling, I think had fallen and is slowly rising again

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

If anything it should be an open invitation.

"See... If that was YOU on this play, YOU take that one to the house."

"If you were on that block, Bo has two more seconds to make that throw"

• Like 2

Out of reactions but I love this and I’m with Harsin man. Wait until he has his players and you’ll see.

• Like 2

And just fir the sake  of realistic expectations for the year.... our win over LSU is looking less and less impressive by the minute

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

I honestly think its this simple. Harsins level of success will be determined by his level of success recruiting. 

It’s not about Xs and Os. It’s about Jimmies and Joe’s 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harsin still saying and doing the right things. Sucks to lose to Georgia and all their ugly fans... again... but it's going to take time to turn this around. Hopefully all the croots here aren't turned off by the outcome but see the staff is getting every ounce of football they can out of a hodgepodge of players left by the last staff. If you're a receiver or line croot you have to see that there's going to be playing time for you very early on. 

• Like 3

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s not about Xs and Os. It’s about Jimmies and Joe’s 

I mean both really. But in the SEC if you get out recruiter it don't matter how good you are at coachibg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

I honestly think its this simple. Harsins level of success will be determined by his level of success recruiting. 

I think that is true, not bc recruiting is everything, but without it you won’t compete with the top 2 in the SEC and you must to get into the playoff. I agree bc we have the other components needed (facilities, coaching).

If they got a favorable impression from the environment, the fans, the coaches, and the current and former players, the on-field result may not hurt. The on-field product just reinforced the opportunity for early playing time. I expect better results now that a coach is talking about trying to put in place a development process that gets players ready for a lucrative next level - not just having fun and going to Hardees after the game win or lose. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

And just fir the sake  of realistic expectations for the year.... our win over LSU is looking less and less impressive by the minute

That win was more of an exorcism anyways, not a true gauge on where we were, other than winning in a hostile environment. But had to break that streak in DV and winning against a rival away from home.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

That win was more of an exorcism anyways, not a true gauge on where we were, other than winning in a hostile environment. But had to break that streak in DV and winning against a rival away from home.  

Yup. That was still the type of game I've seen us lose soooo many times. LSU is crap for sure but damn did it feel good.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yup. That was still the type of game I've seen us lose soooo many times. LSU is crap for sure but damn did it feel good.

What year was it that that AU lost to GA in Athens when they were terrible?   The LSU win was an exorcism 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, shabby said:

He's alittle different than what we had before, he actually believes in development too. We never really developed players under gus. Under Hars, we play to get better not to just execute the same plays over and over

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

What year was it that that AU lost to GA in Athens when they were terrible?   The LSU win was an exorcism 

2009 and 2016 they lost 5 games and still beat us...

We don't have the book on him yet. He gets a few years to build it. If not, he gets fired. I don't foresee him losing Saturday football games on Friday night from sheer ego and paranoia like the last guy. I don't see him spitballing his recruiting classes and "swing-and-missing" on such a stupid-high percentage of his players- and if I'm wrong, I don't foresee any historic contract extension boondoggles seeded from a random win here or there saving him. It's a new slate. Rebuild. Nearly from the ground up. Have some faith. Don't be the guy that wierdly believed we'd beat thuga today to suddenly not believe in CBH. Aside from about three or four players- he's the best thing Auburn football has right now, from admin all the way down to the stands.

Edited by jAUSon
  • Like 3

Guest MustardSeed

2009 and 2016 they lost 5 games and still beat us...

So 2016 is extremely intriguing isn’t it…

Smarts first year. They likely had more overall talent left by Richt than Gus left. They lost 5 games, went 4-4 in the SEC East and yet he wasn’t fired or run out of town🤔

how’d that work out? 😁

Georgia is a prime example of why Harsin deserves a few years before some of these crazy AU fans break out their pitch forks. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

So 2016 is extremely intriguing isn’t it…

Smarts first year. They likely had more overall talent left by Richt than Gus left. They lost 5 games, went 4-4 in the SEC East and yet he wasn’t fired or run out of town🤔

how’d that work out? 😁

Georgia is a prime example of why Harsin deserves a few years before some of these crazy AU fans break out their pitch forks. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 6