CBH After Game Statement

toddc

19 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So 2016 is extremely intriguing isn’t it…

Smarts first year. They likely had more overall talent left by Richt than Gus left. They lost 5 games, went 4-4 in the SEC East and yet he wasn’t fired or run out of town🤔

how’d that work out? 😁

Georgia is a prime example of why Harsin deserves a few years before some of these crazy AU fans break out their pitch forks. 

Yeah they nearly lost to Nicholls in Smart's first year, not to mention Vandy and GT.

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah they nearly lost to Nicholls in Smart's first year, not to mention Vandy and GT.

Ironically, they were 10-3 the year before, where last year we lost 5…so his team regressed year 1 but somehow AU fans expect a better record year 1 or the coach is a flop :slapfh:

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Ironically, they were 10-3 the year before, where last year we lost 5…so his team regressed year 1 but somehow AU fans expect a better record year 1 or the coach is a flop :slapfh:

Yeah. Got absolutely housed by a 5-7 Ole Miss team too.

45 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So 2016 is extremely intriguing isn’t it…

Smarts first year. They likely had more overall talent left by Richt than Gus left. They lost 5 games, went 4-4 in the SEC East and yet he wasn’t fired or run out of town🤔

how’d that work out? 😁

Georgia is a prime example of why Harsin deserves a few years before some of these crazy AU fans break out their pitch forks. 

Did you make it to the game?

I would venture to say that a majority of people on these forums are trolls.  You would hope that that wouldn’t be the case, and that there would be some common sense among the fans that are on here.   
To call for the firing of any coach at this point and time,  you’re a troll.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nobody's a bigger Harsin fan than me, but if the premise if thia thread is "wait until he starts reeling in prime recruits" - what are you looking at that suggests upcoming top tier SEC caliber recruiting? Cause it sure aint his 2021's transfers or 2022s class. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I would venture to say that a majority of people on these forums are trolls.  You would hope that that wouldn’t be the case, and that there would be some common sense among the fans that are on here.   
To call for the firing of any coach at this point and time,  you’re a troll.  

Or just goofy. Maybe a goofy troll!!

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, aucanucktiger said:

Nobody's a bigger Harsin fan than me, but if the premise if thia thread is "wait until he starts reeling in prime recruits" - what are you looking at that suggests upcoming top tier SEC caliber recruiting? Cause it sure aint his 2021's transfers or 2022s class. 

Well hopefully today was a sign of things to come. 
By most accounts we had the most impressive visitor list on campus today in Auburn history. Roughly 70 total recruits with over 40 of them being 4/5 star players. It’s not commits buts it’s a heck of a move toward some

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

If anything it should be an open invitation.

"See... If that was YOU on this play, YOU take that one to the house."

"If you were on that block, Bo has two more seconds to make that throw"

Seriously. If I’m a top WR in HS right now I’m like “yeah I’ll probably start at Auburn next fall”

Big fan of Harsin but recruiting needs to step up big time. It’s either top 10 classes or never really compete. That’s how it is. 

The job Harsin enthusiastically signed up for

giphy.gif

What the fans want in year 1

giphy.gif

We'll get there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

We have got to recruit well. That’s going to make or break Auburn over the next 5 years and define Harsin’s career here. If we can’t recruit well we are going to just be middle of the pack at best for eternity.  As much as I like this staff, I have my doubt that they can pull in enough big time recruits to compete with UGA and Bama consistently. I’m terrified that we will never bring in a top Oline man again. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We have got to recruit well. That’s going to make or break Auburn over the next 5 years and define Harsin’s career here. If we can’t recruit well we are going to just be middle of the pack at best for eternity.  As much as I like this staff, I have my doubt that they can pull in enough big time recruits to compete with UGA and Bama consistently. I’m terrified that we will never bring in a top Oline man again. 

Did you see any of the posts today that showed the recruit visitor list for today’s game?  Best day for recruiting talent on campus in Auburn history. Give it a little time. 

1 hour ago, woodford said:

If I’m a top WR in HS right now I’m like “yeah I’ll probably start at Auburn next fall”

Hell, if I'm a starting goalie for a female HS soccer team, I'd think that. Worst I have EVER seen at any level above YMCA.

• Haha 1

This class is 100% the responsibility of this staff.  You can literally sign a top 20 class at Auburn with a half ass effort.  Signing a top 10 class is what it takes to be competitive consistently.  We signed a top 20 class last year with a new staff and most of the kids already committed as the previous staff was being shown the door.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Did you see any of the posts today that showed the recruit visitor list for today’s game?  Best day for recruiting talent on campus in Auburn history. Give it a little time. 

Sure I did.  I would love to sign some of those guys, but the truth is that a lot of those guys came to see both teams and have a little fun at a big time game.  There is nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't mean we are close to signing them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Nobody is suggesting anyone be run out of town or that Harsin is a flop.  It is understandable for some to question things.  After all, we spent 40 something million to bring this staff in.

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody is suggesting anyone be run out of town or that Harsin is a flop.  It is understandable for some to question things.  After all, we spent 40 something million to bring this staff in.

Some have. Some have indicated they expect him to be fired in the next year or two. Some have said he needs to go now. But yes most are just asking questions, albeit some of the “questions” are extremely loaded and seeking foul responses 

6 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I remember in ‘07 everyone giving Saban a pass because he was having to instill a new culture and the bad games were just because things were changing and players needed time to catch up, that things were having be torn down and built back up and that would guarantee some growing pains. 
If only AU fans would give the same expectation level. How bad is it that we expect a coach in his first year in the SEC to have the team performing better than Saban in his year at Bama after he had already won a natty in the SEC?

We have guys saying we won’t be able to outrecruit Ole Miss because of how we looked against the #2 team in the country and that we should fire the coach now. Some people here are the true definition of “fan” and it shows. 

I fully realize this won’t be popular; Saban had a top-five recruiting class in 2007 and 2008.

Look at where we closed in recruiting last year, and we’re currently ranked 40th in the country. I know we won’t end at 40th, but we’ll probably have trouble cracking the top 20 or top 15 in recruiting. Soon we will be adding Texas and Oklahoma to the mix. It is, what it is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This class is 100% the responsibility of this staff.  You can literally sign a top 20 class at Auburn with a half ass effort.  Signing a top 10 class is what it takes to be competitive consistently.  We signed a top 20 class last year with a new staff and most of the kids already committed as the previous staff was being shown the door.

^FACT^

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shabby said:

And just fir the sake  of realistic expectations for the year.... our win over LSU is looking less and less impressive by the minute

A win in BR is never not impressive. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1