CCTAU's son in the ARMY

CCTAU

I take it this is his 2 weeks R&R. When is his tour finished? Seems like he's been over there forever.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be more excited to see you guys then you are to see him. There is nothing like getting back to the States, much less back home. He'll probably want some good ole' fast food on the way home, but better yet, some of mom's good ole home cooking will really hit the spot. If he was like me, you would think he would want to sleep in, but it will probably take him a couple of days to do that because his internal clock is set to little sleep and rest. Also, if you have not gotten to it already, expect alot of military slang to be used. You guys enjoy your two weeks with him. Momma might not like to admit it, but your boy is a man now and your chest will probably swell with pride when you see the maturity and difference in him. That is exactly what my dad told me a few years ago when he saw my for my first trip home after joining.

• 2 weeks later...

supposed to get his 2 weeks heading towards Kuwait on Aug. 7th. Should touch down in Atlanta Aug. 9th, his 19th birthday. Will be good to see him. Pray for safe journies. And if you uwant to go to Hartsfield to greet the troops, I'll try to find out the time.

I pray his plane has just landed in Atlanta, Give him our thanks, love and appreciation.

WDE

supposed to get his 2 weeks heading towards Kuwait on Aug. 7th. Should touch down in Atlanta Aug. 9th, his 19th birthday. Will be good to see him. Pray for safe journies. And if you uwant to go to Hartsfield to greet the troops, I'll try to find out the time.

I pray his plane has just landed in Atlanta, Give him our thanks, love and appreciation.

WDE

Finally got in at 9AM today. Paperwork snafu kept him in Kuwait an extra day. Gotta love the gubmental paper jockeys.

dsc03792ra4.jpg

Note collar:

dsc03807ub4.jpg

That is GREAT! Glad he is home for a while and please pass along my sincere and honest thanks for everything he has done.

War Damn Eagle!

The first place I went when I got home was to get a great big juicy greasy CHEESEBURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then for a two day sleep in a real bed. :lol:

What did he want to do.

The first place I went when I got home was to get a great big juicy greasy CHEESEBURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did he want to do.

You don't want to know.

What did he want to do.

You don't want to know.

Several things come to mind:

See his girlfriend (I didn't have one - I got a dear John letter. Hell that's all I get.)(my name's John)

Went to the nearest beer joint - I was able to accomplish as well.

Go to church & give many thanks - I did this after the god awful hamburger and sleep. Woke up then went to mass to thank GOD I was home in the USA, despite the welcome from the peace-niks.

Hang with the family - I needed about 6 months to get where I was civilized enough to go home. (and not sleep with the .45 under my pillow)(not as many nightmares)

Well thought I had more, but I'm having a senior moment.

Give your son our thanks and a big hug from us old vets.

God Bless him & the rest of our brothers and sisters in harms way.

What did he want to do.

You don't want to know.

See his girlfriend (I didn't have one - I got a dear John letter. Hell that's all I get.)(my name's John)

Go to church & give many thanks - I did this after the god awful hamburger and sleep. Woke up then went to mass to thank GOD I was home in the USA, despite the welcome from the peace-niks.

Hang with the family - I needed about 6 months to get where I was civilized enough to go home. (and not sleep with the .45 under my pillow)(not as many nightmares)

Women and wine. Not sure which he missed most. Church will come Sunday. No girlfriend, just girl friendssssss.

What did he want to do.

You don't want to know.

Women and wine. Not sure which he missed most. Church will come Sunday. No girlfriend, just girl friendssssss.

Mrs Old (oops), I mean my lovely bride said a kid that good looking would have lots of girl friendsssssss.

Anyway welcome home CCTAU jr. :lol:

WDE!!!!!!!!

Now if Tim will give us the official "NIP"

Note collar:

dsc03807ub4.jpg

Where did he get that tab??? I have GOT to get me one of those.

What the?? Is that a black tshirt he's wearing? Have him come see me, we need to have a heart to heart. :lol::poke: (and this coming from a guy who habitually keeps his hands in his pockets)

Where did he get that tab??? I have GOT to get me one of those.

What the?? Is that a black tshirt he's wearing? Have him come see me, we need to have a heart to heart. :lol::poke: (and this coming from a guy who habitually keeps his hands in his pockets)

He had an Iraqi do it for him. He keeps it turned under. As for the black shirt, he would probably just laugh at you. He had to do that to a few seargents on the way over. The black shirts is what his unit wears. It has an American flag and an Iraqi flag side by side. Says 1-61 Military Transition Team. And then Some big logo on the back. They wear them every day. Cause they are the 101st and a special team. (ha) Seems that is a big deal in the normal ranks. Most civilians do not notice or care. But military folks notice it right away. Must be why they were issued these. Not sure. I just know that he is embedded in the 2nd div. 2nd batallion of the Iraqi Army.

If we had a "swoon" emoticon, I would use it here, several times. What a good looking kiddo. I know you and the Missus are prouder than heck.

His eyes have matured. He's seen a lot for a young kid, hasn't he? God bless him...

If we had a "swoon" emoticon, I would use it here, several times. What a good looking kiddo. I know you and the Missus are prouder than heck.

His eyes have matured. He's seen a lot for a young kid, hasn't he? God bless him...

Watch it CCTAU, I think Jenny is "catchin' the vapas" over CCTAU jr. You know how those dirty old ladies are.

Looking in his eyes from my standpoind, I see that he understands that there are two things that you CAN'T get off the internet while in Iraq. And he is indulging in both before he has to return in a week or so. So dad's, lock up your daughters...and your liquor.

Hard to condone that type of behavior, but he's not too out of control and does not get on the road after imbibing. So I have to look the other way and remind myself that he could be gone in an instant. What we take for granted is not so readily available for those that give us those same opportunites.

He definitely doesn't seem to get caught up in any petty teenage angst. The big picture is out there and he's seen it.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking in his eyes from my standpoind, I see that he understands that there are two things that you CAN'T get off the internet while in Iraq. And he is indulging in both before he has to return in a week or so. So dad's, lock up your daughters...and your liquor.

Hard to condone that type of behavior, but he's not too out of control and does not get on the road after imbibing. So I have to look the other way and remind myself that he could be gone in an instant. What we take for granted is not so readily available for those that give us those same opportunites.

He definitely doesn't seem to get caught up in any petty teenage angst. The big picture is out there and he's seen it.

He'll be a more mature and better man for what he has seen. The bad thoughts will be hard to get over, but since he has seen humanity at it's worse, for the rest of his life he will just roll his eyes at those that take themselves and some things too seriously. He will realize what is really important in life and not get too worked up at the things that don't really matter.

He'll be a more mature and better man for what he has seen. The bad thoughts will be hard to get over, but since he has seen humanity at it's worse, for the rest of his life he will just roll his eyes at those that take themselves and some things too seriously. He will realize what is really important in life and not get too worked up at the things that don't really matter.

Amen, brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep the prayers coming. Took 3 days to hear from him. They were on blackout. The Big Red One is taking over for them and they added 5 guys to their team. Three got killed. The terrorist know that the insignia is changing and they are taking advantage of it. Pray that the army catches up quick and that Bates makes it till his end date. Hopefully around November 15th. It would be great to shove some turkey down his throat.

He and his comrades are in my prayers every day.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and the other guys with him.

• 1 month later...

Keep the prayers coming. My son's MITT team only had a couple of weeks left in Iraq and yesterday four out of the ten got hit. It was pretty devastating. There was no way to even identify the bodies. This is the first casualties his team has taken since he joined it. So close to time to come home. He is having a tough time with it. Please pray for his safety and mental health until he gets out of there in a few weeks.

Prayers sent for him and his comrades.

My son is scheduled to be at camp Rusty on the 6th with no more outings. They will pack and await their flight ot Kuwait, then home. His guys had for more days till they were out and they bought it. The terrorists are cooking up RPGs with hot molten metal inside. This metal will penetrate anything. This is what they hit the humvee from both sides with. The only person that made it from the humvee was the driver. Odd thing, he wasn't even hit. Nothing left of the other three, but this guy was OK. Never can explain why these things happen. But I just pray that this does not haunt my boy forever. UGLY, UGLY things for a 19 yr old to see.

One positive note is that he got his Arcom medal of valor a few days ago. We are super proud of him. Ready for him to hit US soil. Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Archived