Arkansas

Zeek

It's going to be about stopping the run. Jefferson had a great passing game this week but isn't typically a major threat.

Ole Miss ran 324 yards on Arkansas with a lesser rushing attack than ours. This isn't a game we can afford to overlook though.

We have to be able to rely on our run game and develop it even when it's tough sledding.

Gotta get the drops under control and we have to be willing to throw past the LOS. Need this win bad so the season doesn't get out of hand. Doesn't get much easier from here.

• Like 6

Ole Miss has enough of a threat in the air to keep Arkansas honest. No one has respected our passing game all season and I don't expect that to change next Saturday. We struggled to run against an LSU team (most of our yards came late and on big plays) that gave up over 300 rushing yards last night to Kentucky. Georgia was a great defense, but we rushed for less than 50 yards against them. That's pathetic and it's due to our sub-par offensive line. 

Arkansas will stack the box and make Bo Nix beat them. If our wide receivers (and Shivers) drop passes like they did against UGA, we'll struggle to keep up with Arkansas, who I think is a bigger offensive threat than LSU. Plus we're on the road after a butt-kicking at home. 

You're right. We need this win...and this week of practice will be Harsin's biggest job to date. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

It's going to be about stopping the run. Jefferson had a great passing game this week but isn't typically a major threat.

Ole Miss ran 324 yards on Arkansas with a lesser rushing attack than ours. This isn't a game we can afford to overlook though.

We have to be able to rely on our run game and develop it even when it's tough sledding.

Ole Miss is way better offensively in every phase than Auburn.   Not sure why you think otherwise.    They are literally better at every position.   
Auburn people need to understand that at this particular time and moment,  Auburn is not better than any other team in the west, except Miss State.  That’s not saying that Auburn can not beat any team besides Alabama.   The talent is not there.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

The talent is not there.

Agreed. We are a good middle of the pack team that can compete with middle of the pack opponents. We should compete well with Arkansas. That does not mean we will beat them, but we should compete with them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

According to others, here is the line. 
Arkansas -3 Auburn

This is where we are as a program right now.

If not for a blown call, Auburn would have lost last year 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 4

20 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Ole Miss is way better offensively in every phase than Auburn.   Not sure why you think otherwise.    They are literally better at every position.   
Auburn people need to understand that at this particular time and moment,  Auburn is not better than any other team in the west, except Miss State.  That’s not saying that Auburn can not beat any team besides Alabama.   The talent is not there.   

We are definitely better at running back than Ole Miss.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don’t think so.   Elay and Cooper are better.   I’m surprised that Hunter is as good of player as he is, but Ole Miss has the better backs.   Elay might be the best in the conference when healthy.   I’m not sure if I’m spelling his name right, but he is fun to watch when at 100 percent.  
Tank and Hunter are good but not as good.   I’m surprised that you think Ole Miss can’t run.   They lead the conference in rushing.    The scheme they run is very hard to defense.   

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Gotta get the drops under control and we have to be willing to throw past the LOS. Need this win bad so the season doesn't get out of hand. Doesn't get much easier from here.

Overlook? Arkansas will be favored

• Like 2

Auburn is tied for 1st in the West!  Hopefully Auburn can get the running game going against Arky.  Auburn will need to get pressure on their qB and LBs will need to keep the Qb from scrambling 

I don’t think it’s possible to magically get the drops under control in one week but we do still need to throw past the los and get downfield more. I’d like to see the TE’s even more. I’d be fed up with the others guys if I were Bo/Harsin/Bobo 

With the mindset of Coach Harsin, I have a strong feeling we'll win this week, if this was last year, go ahead and put a L by the game.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, but going to be hard to run against any team if we can't start consistently passing for more than ten yards down field. Sucks, but it is what it is right now

• Like 1

There’s a little too much bias in this thread IMO. Y’all gotta take those orange and blue glasses off for a second.

Ole miss has a big time offense and was able to run on Arkansas because Arkansas had to respect the pass. Nobody respects our pass game (as they shouldn’t right now)

Arkansas will just load up the box like everybody else and force us to pass. This ain’t the Chad Morris Arkansas team no more, these guys are actually a decent team now.

Also Jefferson has the ability to run, we’ve struggled a bit with QB’s running. Stetson Bennett had success against us yesterday 

• Like 4

I tried to talk about this but our fans don't want to hear it. There is no way in hell we can win a shoot out with arky or ole miss. All they have to do, which will be hard, is limit our run and that's it for us, period. 

We haven't played QB's as good as ole miss and arky.....this isn't close to being in the bag games

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I tried to talk about this but our fans don't want to hear it. There is no way in hell we can win a shoot out with arky or ole miss. All they have to do, which will be hard, is limit our run and that's it for us, period. 

We haven't played QB's as good as ole miss and arky.....this isn't close to being in the bag games

Agreed. I only see 2 games left where we should win and will win if we don't get in our own way. That's Miss. St. and South Carolina. That leaves us 6-6. Arkansas and Ole Miss should be scaring our fans more than it seems like it is. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, clwn said:

Agreed. I only see 2 games left where we should win and will win if we don't get in our own way. That's Miss. St. and South Carolina. That leaves us 6-6. Arkansas and Ole Miss should be scaring our fans more than it seems like it is. 

I don’t think it’s so much being afraid of either of them.   I think both are beatable but also capable of beating Auburn.   
Arkansas and Ole Piss have  gotten worse on defense as the year has gone on.   

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I don’t think it’s so much being afraid of either of them.   I think both are beatable but also capable of beating Auburn.   
Arkansas and Ole Piss have  gotten worse on defense as the year has gone on.   

Yeah, true to both of their defenses have gotten pretty bad. If we can run on them and just keep the foot on the gas much of the game in doing so keeping possession then we really shouldn't have a problem. However, both Ark and OM have dual threat QBs that can also pass fairly well. Those types give our defense fits. Say we key on stopping the QB runs and draws, that usually leaves some receiver ready to have a career day against us lol. It's like it's always one or the other. And if a shootout happens, I don't like our chances that much.